ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when to apply

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anzd

when to apply

Post by anzd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi,

I received ILR and the residence card is dated 14/01/2013. Does this mean that the earliest I can apply is 14/01/2014?

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: when to apply

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 pm

anzd wrote:Hi,

I received ILR and the residence card is dated 14/01/2013. Does this mean that the earliest I can apply is 14/01/2014?
Yes, as long as you meet all the other eligibility requirements !

anzd

Post by anzd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:11 pm

anzd wrote:Can the professional referee be a retired person that held a professional job?
anzd wrote:anyone?
magsrevs wrote:Good question!

One of my referees is a retired doctor. I/he didn't state on the form that he was retired, although his age (7Cool was specified, which might give the game away. My application (UKM) was received in early Jan this year, and I haven't heard anything back from them. I'm assuming if things aren't up to scratch they'll contact me, so if they do I'll let you know.

I don't see why it would be a problem - the referee still must have had some standing in the community, and you would presume that wouldn't change much once they retired.
anzd wrote:Thanks, that's the way I see it as well but wanted to make sure.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 pm

I just wanted to clarify something regarding the professional referee. Can that person be my friend who just so happens to be a professional person in his own right or do I have to know him on a professional basis?

Thanks
anzd wrote:Please clarify this for me, much appreciated.
Jambo wrote:A friend is fine. He doesn't need to know you in a professional capacity. Just to be a professional.
anzd wrote:Thanks
D4109125 wrote:See the list (click) also consider your GP or dentist.
anzd wrote:The list is not exhaustive and that is why I wanted clarification. When I arrived in the UK I registered with a doctor's surgery but only went for a general checkup that was needed in order to register with them in the first place, this appointment was with a nurse. Other than that I have had no use for place. I never registered with a dentist as I had dental work done when I went back to SA on holiday.

I just want to know can I use my friend as a professional referee or not. Thank you.
D4109125 wrote:A nurse is a professional.
anzd wrote:Yes but I saw her once n January 2008. I just want clarity on the question I asked.
D4109125 wrote:If the person is not on the list, it is up to you to decide whether you think they're a professional, you can't ask someone else them blame then if you're not successful. If the person has standing in the community or a professional qualification then that ought to suffice.
anzd wrote:I don't want to blame anyone and if it is unsuccessful all that would happen is they ask me for another referee and there is a delay. What I am trying to establish, through trying to tap into the collective wisdom of the board, is the plausibility of my friend acting as my referee as I so outlined before because it is not an exhaustive list. What does 'have standing in the community' mean? Would working for a charity not count. I am just asking.
neoseal wrote:Its not that working for charity not count. Its what position he holds in his job. You say he does not have accountant qualification, however if he is manager in that charity, then it will count as professional referee as the list says "manager of a charity".
failsafe wrote:Hi Guys,

Looking for a referee for my Wife's application can following be a professional referee.

Dentist->Who is husband of my Wife's first cousin?

Please help.

Thanks.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

anzd

Post by anzd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi,

I would like to clarify 2 things regarding the application:

1. The referee can only sign up to a month before submission of the application (I have read this and also read a 6 month window period, just want clarity on this).

2. If I cannot get an appointment with the NCS is it possible to post certified copies of all my relevant document or must the originals be posted?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I have 2 questions regarding the citizenship application form both having to do with questions 3.1-3.5

In question 3.5 it asks for the address of tax office or tax office reference, but I pay through the self assessment online portal, what should I provide here?

Secondly It asks for the latest self-assessment statement of account. But this is dated in July and I have already settled the amount mentioned on that page. Also would a print out of the page suffice or must it be an original document?

Thanks
neoseal wrote:If you are filing self assessment, you will have UTR number, just put your UTR number in 3.5.

You will need to attach your latest self assessment statement of account. You can print out from self assessment portal.
anzd wrote:Thank you, much appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

I have read lots of posts but there is no answer to this question: Do the referees have to sign the back of the photo or just the form. Thanks
Jambo wrote:If you can't find something, maybe it doesn't exist.

Does it say somewhere they need to sign on the back of the photo?
anzd wrote:No, but I like to dot the I's and cross the T's.
Jambo wrote:My advice - make sure the relevant evidence is provided and ignore unsupported requirements.
chuba2012 wrote:Just make sure you write your name and date of birth on the back. If you glue the photo properly (as advised), it does not make any difference what is written at the back.

anzd

Post by anzd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi,

1. The referee can only sign up to a month before submission of the application (I have read this and also read a 6 month window period, just want clarity on this).

2. If I cannot get an appointment with the NCS is it possible to post certified copies of all my relevant document or must the originals be posted?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks

anzd

Post by anzd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:21 pm

You have redirected me to this post and then quoted what I asked but provided no answer.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:21 pm

I do not know if you are going for the greatest thread to post ratio, however, please stop it.

1:
6.3.7.2 wrote: If the application has been received in the Home Office more than 6 months after the date on which it was declared by the
referees there is a possibility that the applicant's circumstances
have changed. The form should therefore be returned to be redeclared by the referees to ensure that the information given is
up to date.
2. Certified by a solicitor or notary public is acceptable.

anzd

Post by anzd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 pm

That was never my intention.