ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement visa application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sh413
Newly Registered

UK Settlement visa application form

Post by sh413 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:59 pm

My wife is applying for a UK settlement visa.
On the application form one of the first questions is:

"On which date do you wish to travel to the UK?"

She would like to come as soon as possible.
What date should she put down?

I was thinking a date which is a week or two after the visa application has been submitted.

Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 pm

The question is with regard to the concession that permits the start date of a visa to be retarded by up to 3 months, which is sometimes a moot point when the application can take more than 3 months to be approved (in some locations)! Unless you are paying for a premium expedited service, declaring a date a couple of weeks after the submission is fine. But if the visa is approved immediately (not very common these days), she will have to wait until her stated travel date.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Just put 2 weeks from application. Whether it takes a few weeks or a few months, your wife can travel asap.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 am

sh413 wrote:Hi,

My fiance will be applying for a UK settlement visa. I am a British citizen and she is an Indian citizen.

She will need to fill in the application form online on the visa4UK website and then make an appointment at the visa application centre. She will be applying as my wife and we are due to get married next month. She is also due to take an English test in the next two weeks.

My question is can she fill out the form now and book an appointment, given we are not married yet and she has not taken the English test? Once she has received her test results can we edit the form by adding the results?

I would like her to apply early to minimize the time she has to wait for a visa appointment once we are married.

Also, can someone please advise if the interviewer at the visa appointment will let my wife know on the day if the application has been successful?

Thanks in advance for your help.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 am

The day she attends the vac is the day the application is lodged. If she is not married or has not passed the Eng test on that day, she will be refused.

sh413
Newly Registered

Post by sh413 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks for the replies.

And in terms of the online application form, can she amend the application form after booking the appointment at the visa application centre, or is it locked for editing once you have completed it and booked the appointment?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:02 pm

She can write any changes in ink on the printed form that must be handed in at thd VAC.

kimpossible
Newly Registered

Passport Expiry date

Post by kimpossible » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi my husband is applying for a spouse visa, his visa expires in november 2014, is it ok to travel on this visa? or should he get a new one before applying?

tei123

Post by tei123 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:14 pm

i have just submitted my spouse visa application online,which i would be submitting home 1st week in november,but i realised i have made 2 mistakes...how do i correct that pls

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Lucapooka wrote:.............. write any changes in ink on the printed form that must be handed in at the VAC.

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:32 pm

thanks so much for the advice...can u pls clarify this for me pls

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

can u pls explain (iii) i would be using 6months payslips so would the letter need to confirm how much my wife has earned 6months prior to my application?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:31 pm

D4109125 wrote:tei123 Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sh413
Newly Registered

Meeting the financial requirement for a UK spouse visa

Post by sh413 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:34 am

My wife is applying for a UK settlement visa in February.
I will be relying upon cash savings to meet the financial requirement and I need to show evidence of holding at least £62,500.

I currently have a flexible mortgage account which has an associated savings pot. I have £50,000 savings in this savings pot.

In the Section-FM 1.7 document on the UKBA website it mentions that:
7.4.8. Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or both jointly at the date of application can have been transferred from investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application, provided that:

(i) The funds have been in the ownership and under the control of the applicant, their partner or both jointly for at least the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(ii) The ownership of the funds in the form of investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds; the cash value of the funds in that form at or before the beginning of the period of 6 months prior to the date of application; and the transfer of the funds into cash, are evidenced by a portfolio report or other relevant documentation from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(iii) The requirements of Appendix FM-SE in respect of the cash savings held at the date of application are met, except that the period of 6 months prior to the date of application in paragraph 11(a) will be reduced by the amount of that period in which the relevant funds were held in the form of investments, stocks, shares, bonds or trust funds.
As my mortgage account is not a standard savings account, I plan to move £50,000 from the savings pot in my mortgage account to a new standard savings account. I will be using this savings account along with an ISA account and my current account to meet the financial requirement.

I have two questions:

1. Is it ok to use the cash in my mortgage savings pot account to help meet the financial requirement? I plan to show my mortgage statement for at least the past 4 months and the new savings account statement for the next two months.
2. To meet the financial requirement do I need to show I have a total of at least £62,500 on the date of the application, or does the total savings have to exceed £62,500 on every day in the six month period?

sh413
Newly Registered

Re: Meeting the financial requirement for a UK spouse visa

Post by sh413 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:37 am

Is anyone able to help with this?

Thanks