ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coming soon!!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itk
- thin ice -

Coming soon!!!

Post by itk » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:46 pm

I just read today that the new immigration bill is coming into effect in summer 2014, please what does it really mean as I do not quite understood it. http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ukborder ... dium=email

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:09 am

I read these proposals too and I think they are gonna mainly effect illegals, overstayers and criminals. Anyhow it's just a proposal and it will come into effect once mp's pass it. Because most of the condition are very hard to comply e.g checking tenancy agreements, driving licence.
Most of people are against these proposals. But let's see :)

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:23 am

the proposals will definately affect people that are here legally.

it is going to be a struggle to rent a flat once you tell the landlord or letting agent that you are not british. this is because most of them will be put off by the extra burden of having to check with UKBA if your visa is valid, etc and also the added burden of having to check at regular intervals that your status has'nt changed throughout the duration of your tenancy.

we are already facing similar problems when it comes to job hunting. some job are advertised for people that are 'settled' in the UK, while many agencies will not shortlist you for interview once you tell them you have a visa. God help you if you have few months left on your visa... then its a struggle to get any decent job.

they think they are clamping down on illegals but these policies are also affectingb people here legally on a visa. they seem to forget that legals pay huge amount of taxes and also contribute their fair share to the economy.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:32 pm

babylondoner wrote:the proposals will definately affect people that are here legally.

it is going to be a struggle to rent a flat once you tell the landlord or letting agent that you are not british. this is because most of them will be put off by the extra burden of having to check with UKBA if your visa is valid, etc and also the added burden of having to check at regular intervals that your status has'nt changed throughout the duration of your tenancy.

we are already facing similar problems when it comes to job hunting. some job are advertised for people that are 'settled' in the UK, while many agencies will not shortlist you for interview once you tell them you have a visa. God help you if you have few months left on your visa... then its a struggle to get any decent job.

they think they are clamping down on illegals but these policies are also affecting people here legally on a visa. they seem to forget that legals pay huge amount of taxes and also contribute their fair share to the economy.
One thing I have noticed from recent events in the country is that 'immigrants' (LEGAL and ILLEGAL) are being demonised generally. As a result all sorts of good people are being prevented from contributing to this country's prosperity. The stupidity of the TORY govt. along with her colleagues in daily mail is cosmic.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!