ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Visa and ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam_pp
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Visa and ILR

Post by sam_pp » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 am

Hello Masters

I am currently on Tier 2 Long Term ICT visa, start date is 2nd Dec 2011. This visa valid until 3 Years up to 1st Dec 2014.

I know there are rules changed and affected to ICT. I got the following questions before I can take decisions

Questions

For ICT maximum stay is 5 years and 12 months of cooling off is applicable, but UKBA mention you can renter as Tier 2 General, Is this with same employer or you have to find different employer who can sponsor Tier 2 General for you?

Is there any path for ILR for ICT Long Term Staff?

Can I switch to Tier 2 General ?

If I get Tier 2 General visa now, does my current 2 years as ICT will count in for ILR ?

Thank you very much for time and efforts, appreciate quick response.

sam_pp
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT Visa and ILR

Post by sam_pp » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello Team,

Can anyone please look into my queries and give some guidance.

Thanks
Sameer
sam_pp wrote:Hello Masters

I am currently on Tier 2 Long Term ICT visa, start date is 2nd Dec 2011. This visa valid until 3 Years up to 1st Dec 2014.

I know there are rules changed and affected to ICT. I got the following questions before I can take decisions

Questions

For ICT maximum stay is 5 years and 12 months of cooling off is applicable, but UKBA mention you can renter as Tier 2 General, Is this with same employer or you have to find different employer who can sponsor Tier 2 General for you?

Is there any path for ILR for ICT Long Term Staff?

Can I switch to Tier 2 General ?

If I get Tier 2 General visa now, does my current 2 years as ICT will count in for ILR ?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT Visa and ILR

Post by manci » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

sam_pp wrote:Hello Masters

Questions

For ICT maximum stay is 5 years and 12 months of cooling off is applicable, but UKBA mention you can renter as Tier 2 General, Is this with same employer or you have to find different employer who can sponsor Tier 2 General for you? if you have a CoS you can re-enter under T2G with any sponsor after the 12 month cooling-off period has passed

Is there any path for ILR for ICT Long Term Staff? no, but if you re=enter under T2G the ILR clock will start. Can I switch to Tier 2 General ?

If I get Tier 2 General visa now, does my current 2 years as ICT will count in for ILR ? you can only get a T2G visa after the cooling-off period has passed and your time under T2 ICT will not count towards ILR.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:56 am

sam_pp wrote: I am under Tier 2 ICT, if any other employer is ready to sponsor CoS , can I leave the current company and start as Tier 2 G ?

I don't want to wait for the cooling off period.
Unfortunately if you got your first T2 ICT visa after 5 April 2011 you cannot switch to Tier 2 General in-country.

You can only avoid the cooling-off period if your pay will be £152,100 or more.

AmyICT2ILR
Newly Registered

Post by AmyICT2ILR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:28 am

Edit: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.