ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our Naturalisation application issue after approved (urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Our Naturalisation application issue after approved (urgent)

Post by britApp2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Dear seniors,

I have just found this wonderful form and thought to discuss issues about our joint application. We used NCS for this to apply

Application Type: 2 years (HSMP) + 3 years (Tier1) + 1 years ILR
My wife: joint application, before ILR she was dependent on me.

We basically applied together as joint application to save the money.
We were both qualifiying, so we used the NCS service and send the application on August last week i.e. 27/08/2013, and got the reference number.

1. Now, we got t 1 approval letter only and that is for my wife.
But it got an issue in it.
a. It has been addressed to my name but rest of the details are of my wife. So the To section which says,

To Robert XXX
Addresss
PostCode

Citizine ship invitation
Application for British citizenship by (Wife name:Mary Robert DOB)
and then all her details are correct below in the certificate details section.
---------
---------
----------

Q1) It is just addressed to me and but the rest details are for my wife? Every other details of her are correct. Is this normal practice or they confused it because her last name is my name? Do we need to worry. I called home office and they said, check if your local council accept this otherwise you need to send it back to us. I called local council and they do not have details yet on their system. But they said, you need to wait for your own letter now. Your wife is fine. But then he did not confirm anything? Is this ok? Please if any seniors can confirm.

Q2) Is this normal practice that they send different letters even if it is joint application. Should I wait for my letter to arrive, or mistakenly they have only processed 1 application. If anybody can confirm please.

I am just panicking at the moment. Can't do much really, Found the forum. so will wait if please you know anything?

Many thanks
Rob

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:02 pm

i think they would send separate letters, and it is possible that they'd go to the same address with your name on it as lead applicant. whoever was entering this probably used the same name/address header.

i'd see and wait a couple of days to see if the letter arrives as well for you, maybe they just got separated in the post