ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our Naturalisation application issue after approved (urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Our Naturalisation application issue after approved (urgent

Post by britApp2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Dear seniors,

I have just found this wonderful form and thought to discuss issues about our joint application. We used NCS for this to apply

Application Type: 2 years (HSMP) + 3 years (Tier1) + 1 years ILR
My wife: joint application, before ILR she was dependent on me.

We basically applied together as joint application to save the money.
We were both qualifiying, so we used the NCS service and send the application on August last week i.e. 27/08/2013, and got the reference number.

1. Now, we got t 1 approval letter only and that is for my wife.
But it got an issue in it.
a. It has been addressed to my name but rest of the details are of my wife. So the To section which says,

To Robert XXX
Addresss
PostCode

Citizine ship invitation
Application for British citizenship by (Wife name:Mary Robert DOB)
and then all her details are correct below in the certificate details section.
---------
---------
----------

Q1) It is just addressed to me and but the rest details are for my wife? Every other details of her are correct. Is this normal practice or they confused it because her last name is my name? Do we need to worry. I called home office and they said, check if your local council accept this otherwise you need to send it back to us. I called local council and they do not have details yet on their system. But they said, you need to wait for your own letter now. Your wife is fine. But then he did not confirm anything? Is this ok? Please if any seniors can confirm.

Q2) Is this normal practice that they send different letters even if it is joint application. Should I wait for my letter to arrive, or mistakenly they have only processed 1 application. If anybody can confirm please.

I am just panicking at the moment. Can't do much really, Found the forum. so will wait if please you know anything?

Many thanks
Rob

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Wait a few days. Your is probably in the post as well. If not, contact the HO.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks Jumbo so that mean

Q1. My first query for my wife letter is fine and we do not have to send it back to home office

Q2. They do send letters in different posts?

If you can confirm...

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:55 pm

the only thing joint about joint naturalisation appli is the fee. everything else including any communication is addressed individually.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

esharah
Newly Registered

Re: Our Naturalisation application issue after approved (urg

Post by esharah » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:18 pm

britApp2013 wrote:Dear seniors,

I have just found this wonderful form and thought to discuss issues about our joint application. We used NCS for this to apply

Application Type: 2 years (HSMP) + 3 years (Tier1) + 1 years ILR
My wife: joint application, before ILR she was dependent on me.

We basically applied together as joint application to save the money.
We were both qualifiying, so we used the NCS service and send the application on August last week i.e. 27/08/2013, and got the reference number.

1. Now, we got t 1 approval letter only and that is for my wife.
But it got an issue in it.
a. It has been addressed to my name but rest of the details are of my wife. So the To section which says,

To Robert XXX
Addresss
PostCode

Citizine ship invitation
Application for British citizenship by (Wife name:Mary Robert DOB)
and then all her details are correct below in the certificate details section.
---------
---------
----------

Q1) It is just addressed to me and but the rest details are for my wife? Every other details of her are correct. Is this normal practice or they confused it because her last name is my name? Do we need to worry. I called home office and they said, check if your local council accept this otherwise you need to send it back to us. I called local council and they do not have details yet on their system. But they said, you need to wait for your own letter now. Your wife is fine. But then he did not confirm anything? Is this ok? Please if any seniors can confirm.

Q2) Is this normal practice that they send different letters even if it is joint application. Should I wait for my letter to arrive, or mistakenly they have only processed 1 application. If anybody can confirm please.

I am just panicking at the moment. Can't do much really, Found the forum. so will wait if please you know anything?

Many thanks
Rob
Exactly my situation got wife's letter but not mine today. However, got two separate letters from council congratulating us both and asking to confirm date for ceremony? I am equally confused! Anyone any idea?

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:40 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:the only thing joint about joint naturalisation appli is the fee. everything else including any communication is addressed individually.
not true, mine and my wife approval letter was send to both of us and was send to
Mr and Mrs Smith,
address
We did get only one approval letter for joint app.

esharah
Newly Registered

Post by esharah » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:10 pm

boloney wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:the only thing joint about joint naturalisation appli is the fee. everything else including any communication is addressed individually.
not true, mine and my wife approval letter was send to both of us and was send to
Mr and Mrs Smith,
address
We did get only one approval letter for joint app.
Mine only mentions wife's date of birth details, I am sure it is only for her.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Esharah,

So your case is similar as mine. I have been told by my local council, that we cannot proceed anything with your ceremony unless you got this letter from Home office. Home office replied is always ambiguous.

So, they sometime deal as individual and some time as joint. This is really weird. To them it is easy to make inconsistency or if this is an error. To us it is everything. They said to me, you needed to wait for your letter to arrive.

I guess we have to wait few more days. That is the only option.

I will update if I find anything useful.

esharah
Newly Registered

Post by esharah » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:40 am

britApp2013 wrote:Hi Esharah,

So your case is similar as mine. I have been told by my local council, that we cannot proceed anything with your ceremony unless you got this letter from Home office. Home office replied is always ambiguous.

So, they sometime deal as individual and some time as joint. This is really weird. To them it is easy to make inconsistency or if this is an error. To us it is everything. They said to me, you needed to wait for your letter to arrive.

I guess we have to wait few more days. That is the only option.

I will update if I find anything useful.
I got mine from post office today. So all seems in order. It could be they posted on different days or post office sorting issue.

britApp2013
Newly Registered

Post by britApp2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes, I got mine too, so it was the post.

One thing I am quite surprised, we had the exact situation.

Your wife and my wife got letter yesterday.
we both have got today...:)

When did you apply btw?

Happy weekend to everyone, and thanks to everyone who helped me:0

Cheers