ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employment letter format

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nammu
Newly Registered

ILR Employment letter format

Post by nammu » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:22 am

Hi Friends ,

Can you pls help me with the below queries.

I am completing my 5 year next month and planning to apply for ILR based on workpermit.

Is it necessary that I should carry bank statements of my dependent(wife) when applying for ILR.

also Can anybody pls provide me with example format for the employment letter to be submitted with ILR application, I will be requesting my employer for the same ,.

applying for my ILR end of this month.

Thanks

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 am

I am in the same situation.Please reply ...
THANKS

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:08 am

Just your bank statements, not your wife's. For the most recent 3 months.

Regarding the employer's letter, it doesnt have to be very wordy. It should be on a company letterhead and state that you have been employed fulltime from x date to y date, and they intend to continue employing you.

If your employer has a HR department maybe they've done this before and have a standard template?

Good luck!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:24 am

Recieved my ILR on Friday, you dont need your wife's bank statments, I only gave them pay slips. I had my bank statments with me even though they dont look that healthy, but they never asked for them.

Dont forget to take you original work permit letter, this is not one of the documents requested on the SET(O) form but they will ask for it

Also dont forget if you have to register with the police your "Police registration certificate"

Below is what my employers letter said

"I herby wish to confirm that xxxxx xxxx is employed by xxxxx Architects and is still needed in several key projects. I also wish to confirm that we wish to continue employing xxxxx once his current visa expires and therefore support him in his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Should you require additional information regarding xxxxx, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Dont forget just be relaxed, and all the best

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:42 pm

Looks like many are qualifying for ILR at the same time as the 4-5yr ILR change JR hearing and I haven't seen anybody yet getting rejected yet.

All those who applied have got their ILR without any problems.

nammu
Newly Registered

Post by nammu » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Thanks for clarifying my queries.

Who should register with police, is it that I have to take Police registration certificate for applying for ILR, if so how do I get it.

Should everybody take the certificate even if they are not convicted.

Thanks

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:56 pm

nammu wrote:Thanks for clarifying my queries.

Who should register with police, is it that I have to take Police registration certificate for applying for ILR, if so how do I get it.

Should everybody take the certificate even if they are not convicted.

Thanks
rooi_ding said "IF" you have to register with the police

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Having a Police registration certificate does not mean you have broken the law. Some countries citizens require that they register with the police when they arrive in this country. Personally I think it’s a case of BB but once again is a hoop that we jump through. Once you have ILR you no longer have to register with the police.

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:56 pm

is it a must requirement to get police registration certifcate.if yes can someone tell me how can i get one.
THANKS

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Rooi_ding,

Where doe's it state you have to have a police registration certifate for ILR or is that only for certain category of visa's?

If which category of visa?

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:20 pm

Okay people lets not Panic

If your visa states that you have to register with the police within 7 days of arriving in the country then you have to take a police registration certificate with you.

If you were never asked to register with the police then you do not have to worry about it.

My visa was a WP my wife is Chinese and she had to register with the police when she arrived in the country.

in the SET(O) aplication form it clearly asks for it

nammu
Newly Registered

Post by nammu » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Friends

I found the definition of PRC from net, I think I dont require PRC as I belong to commonwealth country(India), ILRites pls comment furthur.

Police Registration Certificate
Certificate provided by the police to those non-Commonwealth, non-EEA citizens who are required to register with them while residing in the UK.