ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accept job offer while waiting for EEA2 application?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jerry3790
Newly Registered

Accept job offer while waiting for EEA2 application?

Post by jerry3790 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi everyone, I have been reading the forum for the last 2 weeks and find it very useful. I am just wondering if anyone would give me some advices about my situation.

I am non-EU family member (civil partner) of a EU person (Germany). I have sent my EEA2 application last week and it has arrived at the HO this week. I have just got a job offer and my starting date is 28 Oct. On my first day they will required my passport with a work permit or full British birth certificate. My questions are:

1, Can I show them my original birth certificate (non-EU) with professional translation document and my National Insurance Card instead of my passport.

2, Assuming I will received the COA from HO before then, if i show them the COA, my partner (EU) ID card and our civil partnership certificate. Will it be enough to confirm my right to work in the UK?

3, Assuming I won´t received the COA before then, will my partner ID card and our civil partnership certificate r enough to confirm my right to work in the UK?

4, If I requested my passport back emergency online, when should i requested it because i have just sent my application last week and how long i will received it back?

5, any suggestions which suits me the best in this situation?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Accept job offer while waiting for EEA2 application?

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 pm

well it all depend on the company policy. How good they are will UK / EU immigration system. Based on my experience majority have no idea about EU law

i doubt they will accept your civil partnership certificate. ask them to write an email to Employerchecking@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

If you request passport back use this site:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

it can take 20 working days according to Home Office or it can take longer

to be honest i would suggest you to wait COA and also explain to your new employer about employee checking service
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

jerry3790
Newly Registered

Re: Accept job offer while waiting for EEA2 application?

Post by jerry3790 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:well it all depend on the company policy. How good they are will UK / EU immigration system. Based on my experience majority have no idea about EU law

i doubt they will accept your civil partnership certificate. ask them to write an email to Employerchecking@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

If you request passport back use this site:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

it can take 20 working days according to Home Office or it can take longer

to be honest i would suggest you to wait COA and also explain to your new employer about employee checking service
Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

Is it too soon if I request my passport back now cause I have just sent my application last week? Thanks
Last edited by jerry3790 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jerry3790
Newly Registered

Post by jerry3790 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Any other suggestions would be much appreciate?? thank you :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:38 pm

You need to understand that you are entitled to work. You may need to get the employer to understand EU law. They can phone the helpline. Make sure that any correspondence is recorded properly so that if there is a problem, you can make a fuss and get satisfaction.

To be clear, family members of EU citizens, who exercise treaty rights in the UK can work. The do not require any particular documentation to be able to work.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jerry3790
Newly Registered

Post by jerry3790 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:08 am

When should I requested my passport back? Do I have to wait till I received the COA first? If I request my passport back now will they still send me the COA ? Thanks :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 am

jerry3790 wrote:When should I requested my passport back? Do I have to wait till I received the COA first? If I request my passport back now will they still send me the COA ? Thanks :)
You can ask for both. COA should be issued immediately.

jerry3790
Newly Registered

Post by jerry3790 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
jerry3790 wrote:When should I requested my passport back? Do I have to wait till I received the COA first? If I request my passport back now will they still send me the COA ? Thanks :)
You can ask for both. COA should be issued immediately.
Thank you so much for your reply. Should I request both my passport and COA through the online request form? Email or phone them? Which way is the quickest? Thanks :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 pm

If the system was very efficient (which it is not), you could demand and expect COA and passport return immediately. If you understand what your legal position is (and it is very strong), you can use this such that you secure employment and the required documentation as soon as possible.

I apologise for the cryptic response, but...

...best to start trying, eh?

jerry3790
Newly Registered

Post by jerry3790 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:39 am

Thank you :)

I have requested both my passport and COA through the online request form. Fingers cross x :)