ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA spouse of British Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Non EEA spouse of British Citizen

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi

I am an Indian national married to British citizen. I am intending to apply for the 'Accompany EU spouse' to accompany my husband to Ireland and potentially live and work for a few months in order to apply for five years Residence card.

Since my intentions are not merely to visit Ireland, so should I declare this on the application that I am looking to stay in Ireland for longer period or should I instead say that I am going to visit Ireland with my husband. Once in Ireland, I will then apply for the residence card.

Please advice.

dalebutt

Re: Non EEA spouse of British Citizen

Post by dalebutt » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Sunshine86 wrote:Hi

I am an Indian national married to British citizen. I am intending to apply for the 'Accompany EU spouse' to accompany my husband to Ireland and potentially live and work for a few months in order to apply for five years Residence card.

Since my intentions are not merely to visit Ireland, so should I declare this on the application that I am looking to stay in Ireland for longer period or should I instead say that I am going to visit Ireland with my husband. Once in Ireland, I will then apply for the residence card.

Please advice.
Any of the answers will fit, personally I will just say visiting.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Dates on the EU family visa

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:47 am

First of all, I would like to thank every one on this forum for guiding me and answering my visa queries when required.

Today I have successfully received the visa as a Non EU partner of EU citizen for three months.

My only query now is that the date requested for the visa is different to what I actually have on the visa. From my understanding, we get three months once in Ireland to apply for EU1 application to be able to exercise our treaty rights.

Does this mean that the 3 month timer will start when we arrive in Ireland or from the time when the visa is granted?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rav

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:33 pm

don t worry, it starts on the day you arrive to ireland. On the airport they are going to stamp your passport with 3 months visa, you ll have to apply for the residence within that period.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:24 am

annoyed2013 wrote:don t worry, it starts on the day you arrive to ireland. On the airport they are going to stamp your passport with 3 months visa, you ll have to apply for the residence within that period.
Hi Annoyed2013

Thank you for the reply. Another query do we both need to travel together on the same flight. As my husband would be travelling from Scotland and I from India. What are the options for us?

Thanks

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Actually you don t need to travel same flight but the eu citizen.needs to arrive to Ireland before the spouse

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:22 am

annoyed2013 wrote:Actually you don t need to travel same flight but the eu citizen.needs to arrive to Ireland before the spouse
So would it be fine if he travels a day before me and then comes to pick me up the next day at the airport?

In order to prove that my eu spouse has already entered the state, would carrying a copy of his traveling tickets and passport be enough?

Did you travel alone?

Thanks

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:32 am

I travelled alone I arrived same day as my husband just few hours after him. You don t need to carry tickets whatever only marriage certificate that s what they ask for. Don t worry too much about it .it lasts few minutes , few questions and u get the stamp and go

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:36 am

annoyed2013 wrote:I travelled alone I arrived same day as my husband just few hours after him. You don t need to carry tickets whatever only marriage certificate that s what they ask for. Don t worry too much about it .it lasts few minutes , few questions and u get the stamp and go
Thank you.

Can he travel a couple of days before me and come to collect me at the airport?
Do I need to tell the immigration authorities that I am here to accompany my EU spouse?