ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

God's Authority

Re: application refused

Post by God's Authority » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:01 pm

summer2013 wrote:
God's Authority wrote:Hi everyone

So I finally heard from the home office and my application for leave to remain on compassionate grounds has been refused. I cannot even bring myself to read the contents of the letter but I saw that there is a right of appeal. Am shaking and crying now, few days to a year since application and that's what I got. Deadline for appeal is 28th of October and I don't know how long it will take to get an appeal date or if it will be better to reapply. Just confused, where do I start from? Pregnant and now my source of income is on the line. How do I pay my bills or support my daughter and myself especially now that am pregnant? Am just tired. Please lovely people kindly advice me, do I reapply or just appeal? What's the time frame with appeal really? Thanks in advance.
darling very sorry to hear this, its very hard when you first hear this but please take a dip breath and try to stay calm. the good thing is you do have right to appeal which is better than as who dont. God will help you all the way through. i will pray for you Dear!!!

Thank you dear, am just an absolute mess now. Don't even know where to start or what to do. God bless you for your response. Do you know how this appeal thing works? Is it possible to get an earlier date as I know it takes agessssssssss to get one. Just last week I met with a mental nurse because my mid wife was worried about my state of wellbeing mind wise. Do you think I should mention this development to her? Not because of anything but perhaps I could get like supporting documents from her or something to support my appeal.

Just thinking of it all now, my job on the line, landlord will come barging on the door. Etc just how do I cope? Am so sorry for my selfish rant. Perhaps my mid wife was right after all, please forgive my selfish rant. Am just frustrated.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:06 pm

So I finally heard from the home office and my application for leave to remain on compassionate grounds has been refused. I cannot even bring myself to read the contents of the letter but I saw that there is a right of appeal. Am shaking and crying now, few days to a year since application and that's what I got. Deadline for appeal is 28th of October and I don't know how long it will take to get an appeal date or if it will be better to reapply. Just confused, where do I start from? Pregnant and now my source of income is on the line. How do I pay my bills or support my daughter and myself especially now that am pregnant? Am just tired. Please lovely people kindly advice me, do I reapply or just appeal? What's the time frame with appeal really? Thanks in advance.
This is absolutely horrendous. Please you need to seriously take it easylike summer suggested especially with the beautiful unborn child. The good sign is they gave you the right to appeal which is positive. If you read rammie's post both appeal and new application was filed. On the new application, DLR was granted and steps are taken to withdraw appeal. Shame it came down to the fact that HO is now a happy go lucky lottery station where new applications are better looked at. But you need to seriously calm down and weigh options carefully please. Our prayers are with you.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:14 pm

God's Authority wrote:
summer2013 wrote:

darling very sorry to hear this, its very hard when you first hear this but please take a dip breath and try to stay calm. the good thing is you do have right to appeal which is better than as who dont. God will help you all the way through. i will pray for you Dear!!!

Thank you dear, am just an absolute mess now. Don't even know where to start or what to do. God bless you for your response. Do you know how this appeal thing works? Is it possible to get an earlier date as I know it takes agessssssssss to get one. Just last week I met with a mental nurse because my mid wife was worried about my state of wellbeing mind wise. Do you think I should mention this development to her? Not because of anything but perhaps I could get like supporting documents from her or something to support my appeal.

Just thinking of it all now, my job on the line, landlord will come barging on the door. Etc just how do I cope? Am so sorry for my selfish rant. Perhaps my mid wife was right after all, please forgive my selfish rant. Am just frustrated.
please do not ask for forgiveness, we are in same position and i understand how you feel, you are not selfish, i feel for you. it is endeed very strestful, difficult situation. i think you should talk to the mental wife about this, there are humans too and there should be some type of support for someone in your position specially that you are given the right to appeal how are you supposed to survive while waiting for appeal? there must be some help for you.

things will get better but please dont panic

for the appeal i dont have much knowledge really. we have just ask permittion for JR and we need to wait for their renspose. ive heard that its a long process. we can only pray for peace and strength to go through!!
Last edited by summer2013 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:16 pm

sorry for your refusal @god authority at least you have a right of appeal. Hello@summer2013 how are you? any news from your pap? when you goingn for JR?

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:sorry for your refusal @god authority at least you have a right of appeal. Hello@summer2013 how are you? any news from your pap? when you goingn for JR?
hi shondra,

i didnt hear from them but we have asked permittion for JR now and we are watting to hear from them.

what about you have you applied for you daughters citizenship yet?

God's Authority

God's authority

Post by God's Authority » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks summer, Dapsonlee and shondra.
Dapsonlee, I agree it is indeed horrendous. You won't believe my documents were sent back via royal mail and the envelope was torn but then it's not their fault is it now? Such is life.
Will keep praying for the best.

Thank you summer for your understanding, I will speak to her on monday and if the appeal is indeed a long process only God knows what will become of me but it is well with us all.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:37 pm

@summer2013 I am applying my child citizenship on Tuesday on 15th October 2013, she completed 10 years on 14th October 2013. I just send reconsideration letter on 4th sept, 2013. I will go for JR before 3 months of the refusal, I hope I might get my daughters british citizenship before than that and easy for me to push my case forward. Lets see what will happened? so you waiting for permission for JR. best of luck, hope you will be okay. lets stay positive. God bless.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@summer2013 I am applying my child citizenship on Tuesday on 15th October 2013, she completed 10 years on 14th October 2013. I just send reconsideration letter on 4th sept, 2013. I will go for JR before 3 months of the refusal, I hope I might get my daughters british citizenship before than that and easy for me to push my case forward. Lets see what will happened? so you waiting for permission for JR. best of luck, hope you will be okay. lets stay positive. God bless.
thats good shondra, your case will become stronger with your doughters citizenship

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:44 pm

verbina wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have granted DLR 30months just 3weeks after putting in a new application. No solicitor just the help from this forum. I must mention that I am highly indebted to hatchsead and every who answered my questions. A little background to my case. I made a zambrano application in Dec 2011 which was denied in this year through a solicitor, I have an appeal pending due March 2014. I therefore put in a new EX1 application just on 18th sept.
I wish all those waiting the very best. An yet to withdraw my zambrano appeal. God bless you all
Hey Rammie !! Congratulations luv!!!! Stay blessed!!
Just a quick question: what was your status before your Zambrano app? Were you an overstayer?
Yes I was an overstayer....came here with a visitor visa

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:51 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have granted DLR 30months just 3weeks after putting in a new application. No solicitor just the help from this forum. I must mention that I am highly indebted to hatchsead and every who answered my questions. A little background to my case. I made a zambrano application in Dec 2011 which was denied in this year through a solicitor, I have an appeal pending due March 2014. I therefore put in a new EX1 application just on 18th sept.
I wish all those waiting the very best. An yet to withdraw my zambrano appeal. God bless you all
@rammie, just a quick one, did you send your physical passport or notarized colour copy as stated on my template?
They were holding my passport already from the first zambrano application I made which was refused.. Thank you thank you thank you again hatchsead You have been a blessing to me

naba

refusal

Post by naba » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Can anyone help me please!

I have got refusal on 7 years rule with no Appeal rights as my visa expired on 8th of September. What should I do now? What is the next I could do?

My travel document has sent to local enforcement office and has been advised to discuses the case there who will arrange to obtain my documents.

Thank you for your support.

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
Congratulations
Kukuwife... God bless you for welcoming me to this forum. You were first to welcome me and answered my every question even when someone else had answered me already. May God increase you in every department of your life.

summer2013

Re: refusal

Post by summer2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:06 pm

naba wrote:Can anyone help me please!

I have got refusal on 7 years rule with no Appeal rights as my visa expired on 8th of September. What should I do now? What is the next I could do?

My travel document has sent to local enforcement office and has been advised to discuses the case there who will arrange to obtain my documents.

oh dear, looks like everyone is refused under this rule. sorry to hear this, the battle starts now, at least was a quick response.

really dont understand what will happen with all this court backlogs at the moment which is growing every day, they should think about amnesty otherwise :shock:

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:10 pm

hatchsead wrote:
@rammie, just a quick one, did you send your physical passport or notarized colour copy as stated on my template?
I cannot thank you enough...I did not follow just the template but also the letter you shared about the case laws. Am even teary now. What if you had not responded to my requests?,when I had no more money to get a solicitor and the CAB lawyers too said they were not going to help until had redrawn my appeal and that I couldn't put a new application whiles having an appeal pending. Thank you soooooo much.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello...Hello...Beautiful people...*waves*

Hope your having a good weekend and soaking up that last sunshine rays.Yesterday,when I got home,half of the family received letters of invitation to be inducted as British citizen.I thank God for that and the irony my sister and I are waiting to hear from the HO after both being refused(she got the appeal and got no appeal but currently applying for a JR).The devil is a liar and I rebuke him in Jesus name!However,want to know if will it help my JR weigh more if news about family being British Citizen??

@God's Authority and Lily...I'm sorry about the refusal but don't despair for God is with us.The devil might try to be a hindarance but still need to soldier on for God is fighting this battle for us!I'm not sure if its a coincidence or its my mind BUT so far the applications made in August 2012 seems to be on the refusal tip!That's what I realised so far coz also had my application submitted in August 2012.Those who refused us and thought they were gonna get away with it,May God deal with them and grant us visas in Jesus name!!!

To those who have been granted visas,COngratulations and enjoy the freedom.At least won't have to deal with the evil elements coming from HO!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:34 pm

@Naba...I'm sorry about the refusal but like I mentioned above on the post,never give up and also your application was made August 2012...this is starting to sound dodgy and worst part no appeal just like me!The devils is a liar and he will never win!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Rammie20 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
I cannot thank you enough...I did not follow just the template but also the letter you shared about the case laws. Am even teary now. What if you had not responded to my requests?,when I had no more money to get a solicitor and the CAB lawyers too said they were not going to help until had redrawn my appeal and that I couldn't put a new application whiles having an appeal pending. Thank you soooooo much.
We thank God, i am glad that the letter and the documentation guide could be of help, that's what i was hoping for. I used the same documentation/ guide and i have been waiting for over a year myself but hopeful that anytime soon, i will get a favorable decision.
When God delays, He never denies! I want you to bare it in mind that its just a matter of time and chance happening.

11 I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. - Ecclesiastes 9:11

It is well with you and your family!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

alina143

How do i ask the school for a letter for my partner

Post by alina143 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi all hope all are well .. Just a quick question how fo i ask the school my kids go to for a letter to show hes involved in they life ???

hatchsead

Re: How do i ask the school for a letter for my partner

Post by hatchsead » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:16 pm

alina143 wrote:Hi all hope all are well .. Just a quick question how fo i ask the school my kids go to for a letter to show hes involved in they life ???
Ask the school to give you a letter, they need to explain that the child's continued education and development depends his/ her continued residence in the UK as the child has a better opportunity here.
That vast majority of children thrive in an atmosphere of stability and certainty, that granting the child and family a leave to remain will certainly provide a platform from which the child and family could build and continue to thrive and being supportive of each other.
Mentioning the child's attendance and performance in school could also be useful.
It is well
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Keisha wrote:@Naba...I'm sorry about the refusal but like I mentioned above on the post,never give up and also your application was made August 2012...this is starting to sound dodgy and worst part no appeal just like me!The devils is a liar and he will never win!
@Keisha, thanks dear. I don't want to give up but what is the next? I am going to see my solicitor this Monday. But I am still confused...is there any way after no rights of Appeal?

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 pm

summer2013 wrote:

oh dear, looks like everyone is refused under this rule. sorry to hear this, the battle starts now, at least was a quick response.

really dont understand what will happen with all this court backlogs at the moment which is growing every day, they should think about amnesty otherwise :shock:
@summer2013, thanks dear. It's frustrating for us who are in same situation. I'm going to see my solicitor but confused about the process I have not appeal rights. Anyway thanks again.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Rammie20 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Congratulations
Kukuwife... God bless you for welcoming me to this forum. You were first to welcome me and answered my every question even when someone else had answered me already. May God increase you in every department of your life.
Rammie20- congratulations again. You are also in a best position now to advice fellow memnbers and share your experience with. God bless you and your family
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:47 pm

God's Authority- you have been advices adequately by fellow members and I pray that God will give you the strength. I will also say that you should be positive and remain calm because of the pregnancy. Since you have appeal, your status remain the same as before pending the determination of the case. on a compassionate ground you will win the appeal.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm

naba wrote:
summer2013 wrote:

@summer2013, thanks dear. It's frustrating for us who are in same situation. I'm going to see my solicitor but confused about the process I have not appeal rights. Anyway thanks again.
Naba- so sorry about the refusal. The application was sent on time but because they could not take the fees out it was returned invalid this has lead to the appeal right not been given. See your solicitor but I guess the line of action may be PAP/ JR

alina143

Re: How do i ask the school for a letter for my partner

Post by alina143 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm

hatchsead wrote:
alina143 wrote:Hi all hope all are well .. Just a quick question how fo i ask the school my kids go to for a letter to show hes involved in they life ???
Ask the school to give you a letter, they need to explain that the child's continued education and development depends his/ her continued residence in the UK as the child has a better opportunity here.
That vast majority of children thrive in an atmosphere of stability and certainty, that granting the child and family a leave to remain will certainly provide a platform from which the child and family could build and continue to thrive and being supportive of each other.
Mentioning the child's attendance and performance in school could also be useful.
It is well
Thank u for ur reply xx