ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naba

Re: refusal

Post by naba » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
summer2013 wrote:
naba wrote:Can anyone help me please!

I have got refusal on 7 years rule with no Appeal rights as my visa expired on 8th of September. What should I do now? What is the next I could do?

My travel document has sent to local enforcement office and has been advised to discuses the case there who will arrange to obtain my documents.

Thank you for your support.
oh dear, looks like everyone is refused under this rule. sorry to hear this, the battle starts now, at least was a quick response.

really dont understand what will happen with all this court backlogs at the moment which is growing every day, they should think about amnesty otherwise :shock:
@summer2013, thanks dear. It's frustrating for us who are in same situation. I'm going to see my solicitor but confused about the process I have not appeal rights. Anyway thanks again.
Naba- so sorry about the refusal. The application was sent on time but because they could not take the fees out it was returned invalid this has lead to the appeal right not been given. See your solicitor but I guess the line of action may be PAP/ JR
@Kukuwife, thank you darling. Please let me know what is PAP/ JR stand for. thanks again.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:07 pm

naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
summer2013 wrote:
oh dear, looks like everyone is refused under this rule. sorry to hear this, the battle starts now, at least was a quick response.

really dont understand what will happen with all this court backlogs at the moment which is growing every day, they should think about amnesty otherwise :shock:
@summer2013, thanks dear. It's frustrating for us who are in same situation. I'm going to see my solicitor but confused about the process I have not appeal rights. Anyway thanks again.

Naba- so sorry about the refusal. The application was sent on time but because they could not take the fees out it was returned invalid this has lead to the appeal right not been given. See your solicitor but I guess the line of action may be PAP/ JR
@Kukuwife, thank you darling. Please let me know what is PAP/ JR stand for. thanks again.
The PAP (pre action protocol ) is a form of letter that precede the Judicial review And in the vast majority of judicial review cases, the PAP is sent to clearly state :The issues which is being challenged, details of the action which you are going to take, including details of the remedy sought. Asking them to reply within 14 days.

Judicial review (JR) simply put as the procedure by which the courts examine the decisions made by HO. Hope it help. If you can kindly check earlier post, this has been covered extensively by fellow forum members
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Keisha wrote:Hello...Hello...Beautiful people...*waves*

Hope your having a good weekend and soaking up that last sunshine rays.Yesterday,when I got home,half of the family received letters of invitation to be inducted as British citizen.I thank God for that and the irony my sister and I are waiting to hear from the HO after both being refused(she got the appeal and got no appeal but currently applying for a JR).The devil is a liar and I rebuke him in Jesus name!However,want to know if will it help my JR weigh more if news about family being British Citizen??

@God's Authority and Lily...I'm sorry about the refusal but don't despair for God is with us.The devil might try to be a hindarance but still need to soldier on for God is fighting this battle for us!I'm not sure if its a coincidence or its my mind BUT so far the applications made in August 2012 seems to be on the refusal tip!That's what I realised so far coz also had my application submitted in August 2012.Those who refused us and thought they were gonna get away with it,May God deal with them and grant us visas in Jesus name!!!

To those who have been granted visas,COngratulations and enjoy the freedom.At least won't have to deal with the evil elements coming from HO!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Congratulations to your family keisha! I believe on behalf of yourself and your sister, its a bonus but how huge of a bonus depends on the circumstances and most importantly the strength of your case to be honest. Believe2013 has almost a similar case of his parents being naturalised but he was refused ane waiting on an appeal hearing date.

I sincerely believe we all will be granted come what may.. I guess its just ale001, Rina and myself that are still waiting on a decision based on the grounds of your application. The lord will pave way for us all. I will leave you in the comfort of what I find cimfort in with regards to those case workers. "Deu 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." #Amen.

naba

Post by naba » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:

The PAP (pre action protocol ) is a form of letter that precede the Judicial review And in the vast majority of judicial review cases, the PAP is sent to clearly state :The issues which is being challenged, details of the action which you are going to take, including details of the remedy sought. Asking them to reply within 14 days.

Judicial review (JR) simply put as the procedure by which the courts examine the decisions made by HO. Hope it help. If you can kindly check earlier post, this has been covered extensively by fellow forum members
@Kukuwife, thank you so much- this is so kind of you. Just one more thing, can I continue my work in this situation or do I have my rights to work? I am so worried with everything and can't wait to see the solicitor but have to wait until Monday. Thank you for ur understanding darling.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:11 pm

naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

@Kukuwife, thank you so much- this is so kind of you. Just one more thing, can I continue my work in this situation or do I have my rights to work? I am so worried with everything and can't wait to see the solicitor but have to wait until Monday. Thank you for ur understanding darling.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

@Naba...the next route will be JR as per advice from my solicitor.He said for starters they were supposed to grant me an appeak,which they didn't.Secondly,they never even bothered to consider family&private life.Lastly,they also never bothered to consider my human rights.I was broken-hearted and thought was having palpitations...lol.. when I read their copy&paste response!All I know is that it may be an expensive process but God is fighting this battle for me.Whoever wrote that c&p letter,they shall rewrite an approval letter in Jesus name!

@Dapsonlee...hiya...Hope all is well with you and reckon soon you will be granted a stay.Don't despair though its taking time to get a response.Thanks for the words of encouragement and a BIG AMEN!!!God is about to turn-around our situation and this was last night prayer at my church.

God's Authority

Re: application refused

Post by God's Authority » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
God's Authority wrote:Hi everyone

So I finally heard from the home office and my application for leave to remain on compassionate grounds has been refused. I cannot even bring myself to read the contents of the letter but I saw that there is a right of appeal. Am shaking and crying now, few days to a year since application and that's what I got. Deadline for appeal is 28th of October and I don't know how long it will take to get an appeal date or if it will be better to reapply. Just confused, where do I start from? Pregnant and now my source of income is on the line. How do I pay my bills or support my daughter and myself especially now that am pregnant? Am just tired. Please lovely people kindly advice me, do I reapply or just appeal? What's the time frame with appeal really? Thanks in advance.
God's Authority- you have been advices adequately by fellow members and I pray that God will give you the strength. I will also say that you should be positive and remain calm because of the pregnancy. Since you have appeal, your status remain the same as before pending the determination of the case. on a compassionate ground you will win the appeal.
Dear kukuwife, thank you so much for your kind response. I am grateful. I guess the next step will be to get a lawyer and fight through the appeal with God by my side. I haven't even touched the documents since I last checked it. Am totally exhausted so will just take it easy as you rightly said.

Thank you so much once more. God will surely bless you.
Big thank you to everyone for your kind support, God bless you beyond measure. I will surely let you know how everything goes

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Keisha wrote:@Naba...the next route will be JR as per advice from my solicitor.He said for starters they were supposed to grant me an appeak,which they didn't.Secondly,they never even bothered to consider family&private life.Lastly,they also never bothered to consider my human rights.I was broken-hearted and thought was having palpitations...lol.. when I read their copy&paste response!All I know is that it may be an expensive process but God is fighting this battle for me.Whoever wrote that c&p letter,they shall rewrite an approval letter in Jesus name!

@Dapsonlee...hiya...Hope all is well with you and reckon soon you will be granted a stay.Don't despair though its taking time to get a response.Thanks for the words of encouragement and a BIG AMEN!!!God is about to turn-around our situation and this was last night prayer at my church.

Amen Keisha. A Huge Amen!!!

Hadassah
Newly Registered

Sad

Post by Hadassah » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:30 am

Hello every1, I wnt to assume last week wasn't a good 1 for many of us as I was refused leave to remain as well under flro Buh given appeal which I have put thru.
Last edited by Hadassah on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:34 am

God's Authority wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

So I finally heard from the home office and my application for leave to remain on compassionate grounds has been refused. I cannot even bring myself to read the contents of the letter but I saw that there is a right of appeal. Am shaking and crying now, few days to a year since application and that's what I got. Deadline for appeal is 28th of October and I don't know how long it will take to get an appeal date or if it will be better to reapply. Just confused, where do I start from? Pregnant and now my source of income is on the line. How do I pay my bills or support my daughter and myself especially now that am pregnant? Am just tired. Please lovely people kindly advice me, do I reapply or just appeal? What's the time frame with appeal really? Thanks in advance.
God's Authority- you have been advices adequately by fellow members and I pray that God will give you the strength. I will also say that you should be positive and remain calm because of the pregnancy. Since you have appeal, your status remain the same as before pending the determination of the case. on a compassionate ground you will win the appeal.
Dear kukuwife, thank you so much for your kind response. I am grateful. I guess the next step will be to get a lawyer and fight through the appeal with God by my side. I haven't even touched the documents since I last checked it. Am totally exhausted so will just take it easy as you rightly said.

Big thank you to everyone for your kind support, God bless you beyond measure. I will surely let you know how everything goes
God's Authority I am really sorry for your refusal and I am broken-hearted for you but i want you to stop shedding tears now and confront this head on like a soldier that you are, girl!!!! as tough time don't last tough people do. it is not about how many times you fall but how many times you were able to get up and give a good fight, when you can can you please shed light on what grounds you applied and what they say in the refusal letter so we can see how we can help you with appeal in case you don't have a solicitor and i do think by the grace of God you ill win your appeal you shall have the last laugh may God Almighyt hear your prayer and mine peace
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:01 am

[quote="God's Authority"]Hi everyone

So I finally heard from the home office and my application for leave to remain on compassionate grounds has been refused. I cannot even bring myself to read the contents of the letter but I saw that there is a right of appeal. Am shaking and crying now, few days to a year since application and that's what I got. Deadline for appeal is 28th of October and I don't know how long it will take to get an appeal date or if it will be better to reapply. Just confused, where do I start from? Pregnant and now my source of income is on the line. How do I pay my bills or support my daughter and myself especially now that am pregnant? Am just tired. Please lovely people kindly advice me, do I reapply or just appeal? What's the time frame with appeal really? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

God's Authority, it's with deep sadness I learn of your refusal. All I can say to you right now is to be strong ang keep the faith. Nothing but faith will pull you through! Take care my dear and prepare yourself for the war that has been declared against us. I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum that, we as a support network, will be here for you and others who are in the same predicament!

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Re: Sad

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:22 am

Hadassah wrote:Hello every1, I wnt to assume last week wasn't a good 1 for many of us as I was refused leave to remain as well under flro Buh given appeal which I have put thru. My problem now is d fact that I do nt have a place of my own and I have been staying with friends as dis also affected my application cos there was no enuf evidence to show dt I am the sole carer of my kids. I have been to d council for help with accommodation Buh I have been turned down cos of my immigration status. I am wondering if any1 has got any idea about where I could get help.
Was it stated in your refusal letter that you were refused cos you don't have a place on your own? Cos I don't have my place,I live with my sister and her husband. My in law wrote a letter that I live with him and he supports me(though the form said they will not accept third party sponsor for those applying as parent). Pls don't go for council accommodation.

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:36 am

Kukuwife wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have granted DLR 30months just 3weeks after putting in a new application. No solicitor just the help from this forum. I must mention that I am highly indebted to hatchsead and every who answered my questions. A little background to my case. I made a zambrano application in Dec 2011 which was denied in this year through a solicitor, I have an appeal pending due March 2014. I therefore put in a new EX1 application just on 18th sept.
I wish all those waiting the very best. An yet to withdraw my zambrano appeal. God bless you all
Congratulations
Kukuwife... God bless you for welcoming me to this forum. You were first to welcome me and answered my every question even when someone else had answered me already. May God increase you in every department of your life.
Rammie20- congratulations again. You are also in a best position now to advice fellow memnbers and share your experience with. God bless you and your family
People on this forum have been there for me and I hope to do same for others.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 am

progeny5kay wrote:
God's Authority wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

God's Authority I am really sorry for your refusal and I am broken-hearted for you but i want you to stop shedding tears now and confront this head on like a soldier that you are, girl!!!! as tough time don't last tough people do. it is not about how many times you fall but how many times you were able to get up and give a good fight, when you can can you please shed light on what grounds you applied and what they say in the refusal letter so we can see how we can help you with appeal in case you don't have a solicitor and i do think by the grace of God you ill win your appeal you shall have the last laugh may God Almighyt hear your prayer and mine peace
Thanks dear,thank you too nilesmarques. Even they did confirm to my MP that my application was on compassionate grounds the refusal letter says I applied on medical grounds. Apparently a trick to refuse me as they clearly know with article 3my application was bound to fail.

They started with the usual, I have spent my formative years in my home country and wouldn't have lost my ties, I am have not spent half of my life here, am not the parent or partner of anyone British, you know their usual pick up lines.

Then they started with my application, they said my child will be able to settle well in my home country since she is still 2 plus and that she should be able to get care there.

They then concluded by saying, they acknowledge that the care she is getting here will not be the same as that she will be offered back home and we might not even be able to afford it but they know with our support she will be able to adapt in our home country as we do not qualify under article 3.

So that was the long epistle I got on Saturday. Matter of fact it was decided on Friday and I got it on Saturday and I think I know why they did this, because on the 16th of October which would have been a year since we applied happens to be my partners birthday, so am guessing they'd be like we better send it before that date. Lol but jokes apart, that's what I got back.

I don't even have any solicitor, but I learnt it would be unwise to represent my self in court at this stage and I am thinking perhaps not to go with the lawyer to avoid being penalized or something because I wouldn't be able to help it when the tears start flowing, cry baby that I am.

naba

my refusal

Post by naba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:54 am

Good morning everyone.

As I shared that I applied under 7 years rule and have been refused with no Appeal right. At the first time I was refused for the fee when the fee was not taken out and the application was invalid. So my solicitor is planning to take the steps below,
1. An application to the Tribunal for permission to appeal. If get the permission then, 2. Application for an Appeal. If don't get the permission then PAP/JR. Does anyone gone through this process? Please let me know about it's pro & cons.

By they way can anybody advise me a better solicitor please? Thank you for your all support.

Rammie20
Newly Registered

Post by Rammie20 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:01 am

Rammie20 wrote:
Hadassah wrote:Hello every1, I wnt to assume last week wasn't a good 1 for many of us as I was refused leave to remain as well under flro Buh given appeal which I have put thru. My problem now is d fact that I do nt have a place of my own and I have been staying with friends as dis also affected my application cos there was no enuf evidence to show dt I am the sole carer of my kids. I have been to d council for help with accommodation Buh I have been turned down cos of my immigration status. I am wondering if any1 has got any idea about where I could get help.
Was it stated in your refusal letter that you were refused cos you don't have a place on your own? Cos I don't have my place,I live with my sister and her husband. My in law wrote a letter that I live with him and he supports me(though the form said they will not accept third party sponsor for those applying as parent). Pls don't go for council accommodation.
And just add a quick one......they granted me my DLR according to letter they sent to me because they "were satisfied that I have a parental relationship with my daughter". So I think you should concentrate on proving that you are the carer not just the biological parent cos that am sure they haven't said otherwise.

naba

Post by naba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 am

Keisha wrote:@Naba...the next route will be JR as per advice from my solicitor.He said for starters they were supposed to grant me an appeak,which they didn't.Secondly,they never even bothered to consider family&private life.Lastly,they also never bothered to consider my human rights.I was broken-hearted and thought was having palpitations...lol.. when I read their copy&paste response!All I know is that it may be an expensive process but God is fighting this battle for me.Whoever wrote that c&p letter,they shall rewrite an approval letter in Jesus name!

@Keisha, thanks dear. my solicitor planning for an application to the Tribunal for permission to appeal. If get the permission then, application for an Appeal. If don't get the permission then PAP/JR. Is that ok?

By they way can you advise me a better solicitor please? Thank you for your all support.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 am

Rammie20 wrote:
Rammie20 wrote:
And just add a quick one......they granted me my DLR according to letter they sent to me because they "were satisfied that I have a parental relationship with my daughter". So I think you should concentrate on proving that you are the carer not just the biological parent cos that am sure they haven't said otherwise.[/quote)

@Rammie, please go to social services, if council can't help, social services can help house you till your papers are sorted, they can't let you sleep on the streets, and yes its what I did, people don't go to them cos they are scared their children might be taken away, but its not the case... It also depends on the borough ....good luck

naba

Post by naba » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:16 am

hatchsead wrote:
paty35 wrote:rammie20, can you please give me the link to where I can download the ex 1 form from the ukba website.

thank you
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf
@ Good morning hatchsead. Your information is so handy - this is so kind of you. Can you help me with my situation please?

As I shared earlier that I applied under 7 years rule on 28th August. Our permission was until 8th September 13. Firstly I was refused for the fee when the fee was not taken out and the application was invalid, the letter received 14th Saturday. I resent the application on 16th Monday ( just next working day). Secondly I have been refused with no Appeal right (HO mentioned I applied on 16th!). So my solicitor is planning to take the steps below,
1. An application to the Tribunal for permission to appeal.
But I have a feeling from this forum that the next step will be PAP/JR.
I am totally confused now. It will be great if you kindly help me with the information or/and suggest me a better solicitor.

By the way can I continue my work?

Thank you so much for your support.

Hadassah
Newly Registered

Post by Hadassah » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:16 am

I was refused cos I do not have any letter addressed to my child in the address I was staying as it was a temporary place and my lawyer explained this in a letter he wrote to the HO but it was not considered as d refusal letter states that they believe my child is with her father . I have been referred to the social services since Wednesday but I am yet to hear from them. I am still staying about with friends. Don't know if I can walk into the social services office as they have not contacted yet. My lawyer said this can be used to apply for a reconsideration by the home office.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:32 am

Hadassah wrote:I was refused cos I do not have any letter addressed to my child in the address I was staying as it was a temporary place and my lawyer explained this in a letter he wrote to the HO but it was not considered as d refusal letter states that they believe my child is with her father . I have been referred to the social services since Wednesday but I am yet to hear from them. I am still staying about with friends. Don't know if I can walk into the social services office as they have not contacted yet. My lawyer said this can be used to apply for a reconsideration by the home office.
When u go to social services, do not give them the impression that you have a place to stay, just go there with your bags, and they will sort u out that day...

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 pm

[quote="evie233"][quote="Rammie20"][quote="Rammie20"][quote="Hadassah"]Hello every1, I wnt to assume last week wasn't a good 1 for many of us as I was refused leave to remain as well under flro Buh given appeal which I have put thru. My problem now is d fact that I do nt have a place of my own and I have been staying with friends as dis also affected my application cos there was no enuf evidence to show dt I am the sole carer of my kids. I have been to d council for help with accommodation Buh I have been turned down cos of my immigration status. I am wondering if any1 has got any idea about where I could get help.[/quote]

Was it stated in your refusal letter that you were refused cos you don't have a place on your own? Cos I don't have my place,I live with my sister and her husband. My in law wrote a letter that I live with him and he supports me(though the form said they will not accept third party sponsor for those applying as parent). Pls don't go for council accommodation.[/quote]
And just add a quick one......they granted me my DLR according to letter they sent to me because they "were satisfied that I have a parental relationship with my daughter". So I think you should concentrate on proving that you are the carer not just the biological parent cos that am sure they haven't said otherwise.[/quote)

@Rammie, please go to social services, if council can't help, social services can help house you till your papers are sorted, they can't let you sleep on the streets, and yes its what I did, people don't go to them cos they are scared their children might be taken away, but its not the case... It also depends on the borough ....good luck[/quote]

Well said evie233!! I think Social services and the local borough have an obligation in the childs best interests and in Sec 55 Children's Act and also under the much hated by Mrs 'Nasty' Human rights act. @ Rammie, there is a an organisation called the NRPF. Have a look at its website. It explains in detail. Just carefully go through the site especially the guidance:

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 pm

@nile how you doing? have you gone for PAP or JR ? I only send reconsideration letter, nothing else. Just waiting to send my child british citizenship application in a couple of days time. did home office put removal notice and waiting for appeal rights, its already more than 1 and half months for refusal, need to go for JR within 3 months after the refusal date isn't it? I don't know what to do next? even no funds go for JR.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:09 pm

[quote="Shondra Sharma"]@nile how you doing? have you gone for PAP or JR ? I only send reconsideration letter, nothing else. Just waiting to send my child british citizenship application in a couple of days time. did home office put removal notice and waiting for appeal rights, its already more than 2 months for refusal, need to go for JR within 3 months after the refusal date isn't it? I don't know what to do next? even no funds go for JR.[/quote]

Hie Shondra, Truthfully,I wasn't expecting a reply for the reconsideration letter from the HO. I have been on a relentless e-mail campaign to be given a removal decision but alas,all in vain. The numpties cant even be bold enough to issue one. At least you're child is able to apply, which would make your case stronger, Mine is still only 9. I'm putting in a PAP on Monday or Tuesday. I'm just researching on JR's currently. Will let you know of my findings soon. good luck with your child's application.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks@nile what is my next step? If I got my child british citizenship within a month, will me and my wife apply flr (o) again or go for PAP and tell the home office look my child is british, grant a stay for us or JR