ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa to ireland ,what to do next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

annoyed2013

spouse visa to ireland ,what to do next?

Post by annoyed2013 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:53 pm

hello everyone,

I got a join spouse visa to ireland to live there with my british husband. short stay type C.
Please can anyone tell what s the next step to do while in there.
How to get the work permit quickly

regards

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 am

How long did it take to get the visa?

Do the embassy start looking at your application from the time you submitted it online or when the supporting documents are submitted?

Because I have submitted my online visa application but I couldn't submit the documents as they do not accept the documents by post. So I will go to embassy personally in the coming week.

bazzare
Newly Registered

Post by bazzare » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:42 pm

when you arrive in Ireland in the airport they will stamp you for 3 months .... then depending on where you live you are required to go with your spouse to the local immigration office / police station before the stamp in your passport expires.

They will check your documents and will then issue you with a GNIB card ( residence card ) .. and a re-entry visa which will allow you to travel in and out of ireland...

If you will be living in Dublin then its the INIS office in Burgh Quay that you need to go to... if outside dublin then go to the local police station

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:20 pm

thx bazarre for ur reply but i ve read that i need to apply eu1 form n it takes up to 6 months to get the residence and the temporary stamp 4 they do it for u 1 or 2 months after u apply for residence??? n then i ll have to wait for my husband to get a job n 2 payslips n the papers required!!
please if u know more about that let me know

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 pm

masterboy it took me 3 weeks from the date i submitted my papers to get the visa

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:48 pm

annoyed2013 wrote:thx bazarre for ur reply but i ve read that i need to apply eu1 form n it takes up to 6 months to get the residence and the temporary stamp 4 they do it for u 1 or 2 months after u apply for residence??? n then i ll have to wait for my husband to get a job n 2 payslips n the papers required!!
please if u know more about that let me know
Yes this is correct you have to apply for the residance card using form EU1. If you have most of the documentation but are just missign a small bit; they are usually pretty flexible and issue the Stamp 4 anyway (but will request you to send the rest of the paperwork asap). For exemple if your husband just starts working but doesn't yet have payslips; you can explain that to them and include a letter from his employer to confirm his status. If you hsave everything else appart from the payslips they would likely issue the Stamp 4 anyway but tell you to send the payslips as soon as you have them.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:01 am

thx for answering. but can i have a temporary stamp 4 straight away to be able to work as my husband needs to find a job n we need both to work to b financially ok

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:42 am

You will get the temporary stamp after a week or so, GIVEN you have submitted all the documents required for Stamp 4, ONE OF which include payslip for your EU spouse or showing self-sufficient.
annoyed2013 wrote:thx for answering. but can i have a temporary stamp 4 straight away to be able to work as my husband needs to find a job n we need both to work to b financially ok

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 am

You can only apply (and get the stamp 4) once your husband is effectively exercising EU treaty rights. This is because your right to get the Stamp 4 is derived from the fact that he is working or studying here.

Also, it looks like lately the waiting time to get the temporary stamp 4 is about 2 months not very legal but I don't think anyone managed to make them do it faster).

One point though: in theory and ONLY DURING YOUR FIRST 3 MONTHS in Ireland you are allowed to work without a Stamp 4. Not every employer will let you do that though, as they might not be familiar with these rules and be afraid of legal consequences.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:25 pm

thx guys> is it faster if i do it through a solicitor or it s pointless??

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Unless there is something unusual about your case that you don't know how to handle, I would say there is no point in involving a solicitor. Will cost you a fair bit of money and it will not make anything faster. The only advantage is that is they will prepare the application for you and make sure no document is missing.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 pm

i see, i ll do it by myself then as thx to the help in this forum everything is clear, u r stars guys
thank u again for all the time spent to help anyone in here

annoyed2013

in ireland and struggling with job to apply for eu1

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello please i need your help and advice. actually i m in dublin with my husband from 3 weeks and we ve got the accomodation sorted now we are facing a problem with jobs as he couldn t find any. How does it work with the self employed process and what we have to do exactly. I m relying on your help guys
Thanks a lot

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:12 pm

3 weeks isn't a long term jobseeking, I suspect you are on the Singh route? Don't rush into getting things done asap, there has been a slight change pertaining Singh applications by the UKBA, you might want to consider to be patient, and take a step after another, he will eventually find a job, 3 weeks is pretty early to be writing of his prospects of securing employment.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:56 am

Thanks for your advice dalebutt, it s just that I m getting stressed and I ve read topics where people are saying the sooner the better to apply anyway as u said we ll keep looking for now. I m under Singh yes. Would you tell what changes happened please?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:54 pm

annoyed2013 wrote:Thanks for your advice dalebutt, it s just that I m getting stressed and I ve read topics where people are saying the sooner the better to apply anyway as u said we ll keep looking for now. I m under Singh yes. Would you tell what changes happened please?
See the following link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#923298. There is a link to the FOI you should read that also to fully understand the changes. I do not seem to agree that it's the sooner the better, rather than the longer the better as it stands

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Your partner is classed as a "worker" if registered as unemployed and actively seeking work. You are allowed to work as the partner of an EEA citizen but it helps if you got the 4 stamp
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:41 am

Hi Annoyed2013

Can you please advise me what did you put down on the application for the purpose of your visit. Visiting or did you show intentions to stay in Ireland as non-EEA spouse?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:23 am

Sunshine86 wrote:Hi Annoyed2013

Can you please advise me what did you put down on the application for the purpose of your visit. Visiting or did you show intentions to stay in Ireland as non-EEA spouse?
Annoyed2013's case is different from your case, and thus will be treated differently, as it is on case by case basis. It does not matter what you put on the application as when you arrive in Ireland and your family member start exercising their rights, you can choose to stay in Ireland as long as you want.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:14 pm

thanks guys for your precious advices as usual. the thing is I went to 2 interviews and they didn t go further coz i don t have the stamp4. and to get it my husband needs to be working. when is the lastest i can apply for the eu1 visa??
Sunshine i applied for visa type: accompany eu family member

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Dalebutt i ve read the letter and ukba are playing games now to make it difficult even with surrinder singh!!!! OMG