ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ok to stay around 5 months in single trip?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confused90

Post by confused90 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 pm

educators wrote:
confused90 wrote:
educators wrote:
cappachino wrote: So as per my understanding
Even after employing 10 employees u will only get indefinet visa n for nationality u need to complete 5 years hence you only save 1 year in the whole process even after employing 10 employees
yes u r right...u save 1 year in nationality however u get ilr 2 years earlier in this way...
I spoke to a solicitor about this, and he told me the ILR is a 1-year validity with 3 months of absence allowed. After which you can apply for citizenship.
Let me clarify here something which your solicitor did not explain you clearly. ILR means indefinite leave to remain which means you can stay for indefinite time here in UK. It is not valid for 1 year only. Although you can apply for nationality after having an ILR for 1 year but only if you have spent atleast 5 years in UK already. So in short there are two situations given below for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs and 5 years are must for the purpose of nationality:

3 Years Initial Visa + 2 Years Extension + 1 Year ILR > Nationality

or

3 Years Initial Visa + 2 Years on Accelerated Settlement ILR > Nationality
Perfect explanation, I have been in the UK for 2 years on a student visa and now a 3-year entrepreneur visa. So insha-Allah, I should be able to apply for nationality after a 1 year ILR :)

educators

Post by educators » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:45 pm

confused90 wrote:
educators wrote:
confused90 wrote:
educators wrote:
yes u r right...u save 1 year in nationality however u get ilr 2 years earlier in this way...
I spoke to a solicitor about this, and he told me the ILR is a 1-year validity with 3 months of absence allowed. After which you can apply for citizenship.
Let me clarify here something which your solicitor did not explain you clearly. ILR means indefinite leave to remain which means you can stay for indefinite time here in UK. It is not valid for 1 year only. Although you can apply for nationality after having an ILR for 1 year but only if you have spent atleast 5 years in UK already. So in short there are two situations given below for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs and 5 years are must for the purpose of nationality:

3 Years Initial Visa + 2 Years Extension + 1 Year ILR > Nationality

or

3 Years Initial Visa + 2 Years on Accelerated Settlement ILR > Nationality
Perfect explanation, I have been in the UK for 2 years on a student visa and now a 3-year entrepreneur visa. So insha-Allah, I should be able to apply for nationality after a 1 year ILR :)
Yes you will be able to apply for nationality as far as you get ilr via accelerated route settlement after 3 years and you have not been absent from uk for more than 450 days within 5 years period before applying for nationality. Wish you good luck for it.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 am

Correct me if I am wrong, there is no expedite route to nationality.. Everybody needs to pass 5 years in UK to apply for Nationality. The only exception is if you are married to British spouse, in that case it is only 3 years.

ILR has separate requirements under each route (like HSMP, entrepreneur, investor, marriage) and nationality has separate requirements. Do not mix them up.

educators

Post by educators » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:55 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, there is no expedite route to nationality.. Everybody needs to pass 5 years in UK to apply for Nationality. The only exception is if you are married to British spouse, in that case it is only 3 years.

ILR has separate requirements under each route (like HSMP, entrepreneur, investor, marriage) and nationality has separate requirements. Do not mix them up.
Yes you understood it right.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am

So in the first year you r out of the country for 180 days which obviously is allowed
next 4 years plus 1 year you should not be out of the country for more than 450 days not exceeding 180 per year
To apply for nationality is this correct

educators

Post by educators » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:26 pm

cappachino wrote:So in the first year you r out of the country for 180 days which obviously is allowed
next 4 years plus 1 year you should not be out of the country for more than 450 days not exceeding 180 per year
Rest is correct however in last year of ILR your normal absences permitted are 90 days, therefore the following absences seems to be more reasonable in order to obtain nationality for any Tier 1 Entrepreneur regardless of how many absences are allowed per year:

Normal Route:

Year 1 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.....180 Days

Year 2 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.....90 Days

Year 3 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.....90 Days

Year 4 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension.....90 Days

Year 5 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension.....90 Days

Year 6 on ILR.....90 Days

Accelerated Route:

Year 1 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.....90 Days

Year 4 on ILR.....90 Days

Year 5 on ILR.....90 Days

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Again very nicely explained
Thanks
By the way I am trying to get people together from this forum for an off line get together somewhere in central london around mid nov let me know if u r interested

educators wrote:
cappachino wrote:So in the first year you r out of the country for 180 days which obviously is allowed
Rest is correct however in last year of ILR your normal absences permitted are 90 days, therefore the following absences seems to be more reasonable in order to obtain nationality for any Tier 1 Entrepreneur regardless of how many absences are allowed per year:

Normal Route:

Year 1 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.....180 Days

Year 4 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension.....90 Days

Year 5 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension.....90 Days

Year 6 on ILR.....90 Days

Accelerated Route:

Year 1 on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.....90 Days

Year 4 on ILR.....90 Days