ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PPS number

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Applying for PPS number

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 am

We arrived to Dublin few days back and living with a friend here in Dublin.

I am non-EU national and I am on C type visa here (accompany EU spouse). My friend will provide letter that we are staying at his place and his utility bills. Is it possible if my EU spouse and myself can get PPS number if we apply for it?
I read sometimes the non-EU spouse is not able to get PPS number until there is stamp on the passport.
Please suggest me what to do.

Thanks!

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 pm

You should apply for the pps number as soon as possible after you arrive in Ireland.

Reason: If you apply in the first three months you get it with no difficulty.

If you apply after three months they can ask for the payslips of your spouse - which is fine if your spouse gets a job easily, but causes problems if the spouse has had difficulty getting work.
BL

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks Brigid,

But are they not going to ask where is the stamp on my passport (for non-eu spouse)? What should we tell in the welfare dept.?
Or do you think its not a problem?
Brigid from Ireland wrote:You should apply for the pps number as soon as possible after you arrive in Ireland.

Reason: If you apply in the first three months you get it with no difficulty.

If you apply after three months they can ask for the payslips of your spouse - which is fine if your spouse gets a job easily, but causes problems if the spouse has had difficulty getting work.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:12 pm

It is not a problem. They give the pps number as your EU spouse has the right to work and even if you decided to live in for example Poland you would need a pps number to allow the EU citizen spouse who is working in Ireland to claim the benefits relevant to being a married person. Odd but accurate.
BL

Hasaan1
Newly Registered

Post by Hasaan1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Should I apply for a pps number for my non eu parent. If so what evidence is needed to apply if there is no entry stamp.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Hasaan1 wrote:Should I apply for a pps number for my non eu parent. If so what evidence is needed to apply if there is no entry stamp.
It is almost impossible to apply for pps with or without entry stamp or visa, when you start exercising your rights, and have sent your family member application for stamp4EUFAM, you should be able to apply for pps with the temporary stamp4 that they will be issued.

Hasaan1
Newly Registered

Post by Hasaan1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:52 pm

As a uk citizen intending to take up work, I assume that I can get pps no once I have an address document. Can a hotel or hostel provide letter to confirm stay with them to get pps no.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:57 pm

That's correct, seen few people who have done it with a letter from a hotel.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm

I applied with my eu husband for pps a month ago both same day no problem at all no questionning nothing. u just need proof of address passport and mariage certificate .that s it