ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

valid unit on ILR!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neda

valid unit on ILR!

Post by neda » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:05 am

Hi everyone,
I just join to this page.
I got a question which hope u don't mind help me.
I came to the uk on september 2012 as student then i got married on september 2011 and get my 2 years spouse visa. last monday I applied (in person in corydon) for ILR. I received my biometric card yesterday but I surprise when I see there is valid unit 09-09-2023. I thought ILR is Indefinite. Anyone has idea how it is work should I go through whole process again in 2023 to renew ILV?
thank u in advance.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: valid unit on ILR!

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 am

neda wrote:Hi everyone,
I just join to this page.
I got a question which hope u don't mind help me.
I came to the uk on september 2012 as student then i got married on september 2011 and get my 2 years spouse visa. last monday I applied (in person in corydon) for ILR. I received my biometric card yesterday but I surprise when I see there is valid unit 09-09-2023. I thought ILR is Indefinite. Anyone has idea how it is work should I go through whole process again in 2023 to renew ILV?
thank u in advance.
That is a expiry date of biometric card and not ILR (ILR is indefinite), just like your passport has a expiry date.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: valid unit on ILR!

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 am

duplicate post removed
Last edited by UKBALoveStory on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

neda

Post by neda » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 am

Thank u tahirnaveed.
So i don't have any restriction regarding time. do I?
do u have any idea how is process for renew it?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 am

neda wrote:I need help with my immigration case.
I came to the UK 2010 with student visa and then I get married and spouse visa in 2011. I got my ILR almost 1 month ago but my husband doesn’t want to be in this life and he said he is going to divorce and he is saying until I don’t get British passport he can ask immigration to cancel my visa and send me back to my country.
I am wondering to know dose he have this power and can ask the UK board agency to cancel my ILR and send me back to my country and whether getting divorce can affect my ILR while I got it almost 1 month ago.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:04 am

So long as you're not for example already married to someone else, there is nothing your husband can do. If I were you, you should apply for your naturalisation ASAP assuming you meet the other requirements (click), you will not need his passport, but rather your marriage certificate and his birth certificate, if he's born in the UK just get a certified copy from the GRO. Use the Nationality Checking Service and get it over and done with.

If you're at risk of an honour based violence see here (click).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

neda

Post by neda » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:29 am

the thing is he doesn't British passport, he applied for naturalization and he is waiting to hear from Home office. so if I divorce from him then I have to wait for another 2 years then applied for citizenship, am I right?
I am worried if I divorce then it could effect my ILR and home office cancel my ILR. is this possible? as I said, he is telling me he has control on my immigration case in the UK while I got ILR, is this right?
By the way, he isn't born in the UK, he was assylem seeker and then granted ILR.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:05 am

As I explained above he can't have your ILR revoked unless your practiced deception. As soon as he has had his ceremony then you should naturalise if not divorced, if you can get his naturalisation certificate number that would help.

neda

Post by neda » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 am

sorry I got silly question, what dose mean ''practiced deception''?
I submitted my application in person and he was with me.
thank u for ur help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 am

For example, you were already married before you married your husband and had not attained a divorce thus your marriage would be annulled and your ILR would have been based on deception. That's just an example, I'm sure you haven't practiced deception.

neda

Post by neda » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:53 pm

ohh thank u for ur explanation.
I see. no there is not any thing like this. the thing is he is very bad person, useless and addicted, so he dose whatever that he wants to take money from me and scare me from immigration case.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Then he is an abuser and you are suffering domestic abuse. Contact Southall Black Sisters (click) for support.

neda

Post by neda » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Yes, he is. He intimidates me to destroy my life. Thank u for information, I will contact. I am alon in the uk so I really scare of him.

neda

Post by neda » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 am

I called a family lawyer regarding divorc but she told me I cannot go for it. Because I got my ILR a month ago and if I got for it then my husband can go to home office and tell them I was with him only for ILR and I leave him as soon as I got ILR and then they will cancel my ILR and ask me to leave. Is this true?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:28 am

neda wrote:Hi everyone,
I need help regarding my immigration case.
I came to the UK 2010 with student visa and then I get married and spouse visa in 2011. I got my ILR almost 1 month ago but my husband doesn’t want to be in this life and he said he is going to divorce and until I don’t get British passport he can ask immigration to cancel my ILR and send me back to my country.
I called a family lawyer regarding divorce but she told me I cannot go for it. Because I got my ILR a month ago and if I got for it then my husband can go to home office and tell them I was with him only for ILR and I leave him as soon as I got ILR and then they will cancel my ILR and ask me to leave. Is this true??
I am wondering to know can is this true and what restrictions I have while I got ILR.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:28 am

The lawyer is talking rubbish. There is no need to stay in an abusive relationship. I suggest you contact Southall Black Sisters.

neda

Post by neda » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

thank you for ur replay.
The lawyer believes that my husband can cancel my ILR by making a complain against me into home office, and he claims I married him only for ILR. that is why I left him after one month getting ILR., could he do this?
i told the lawyer but this is slave lore and he said it is and this is reality.
to be honest, i am really really scare and do not know what can i do.
i will contact to Southall Black Sisters to seek for help.
sorry to keep asking, it is so complicated for me, can my husband cancel my ILR.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:24 am

I really can't keep saying the same thing, once you have ilr it won't be revoked/invalidated unless for example, you used deception or left the U.k for more than 2 years.

neda

Post by neda » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:29 am

so so sorry to keep asking.
i am in really really bad condition, on family around me and living with such bad person make me really week and depress, and thinking this is end of word for me.
i am about to contact the place that u mentioned.
thanks for all your help.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:32 am

Every offical ID in UK with photo has 10 Years validity after 10 years you need to give you new photo either Driving licence or passpot

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 am

neda, do let us know if Southall Black Sisters helped.