ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shrivast77
Newly Registered

Visitor visa renewal

Post by shrivast77 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 pm

I hope someone can assist me. My parents have got five year visit visa which expires on 2 June 2014. They are travelling to the UK from India in December 2013 and following couple of months stay here they will be going to United States. They are planning to stay there for six months and then stay for a month here in the UK on route to India. My question is that by the time they come back from US their current UK visa would have expired. What are their options in this scenario. Should they apply for a fresh visa from India before they leave? Would that be a renewal from 2 July 2014 or will it start from the date it is issued?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:34 pm

I thought visit visas to USA are 90 days only...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:I thought visit visas to USA are 90 days only...
90 days are normal under the visa waiver program.
However, B1/B2 holders may be granted entry for a longer period at the port of entry.

They may also apply for UK visitor visas from the USA, if they have sufficient documentation, etc.

The visas' deferred for up to 3 months. Unfortunately, unobservant ECOs may miss or ignore such requests.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.