ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Easiest way to activate my Tier 4 dependent visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saman.NJ
Newly Registered

Easiest way to activate my Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by Saman.NJ » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm currently on Tier1 (expires on 22nd Oct) and also got Tier 4 dependent visa issued on 22nd of September from outside UK. I came back to the UK on 2nd of September (my work holiday was finished) with my Tier 1 visa and I have to activate (leave the UK and come back with) my new visa. My question is, what is the easiest way to get out of the country and come back? I'm on a non_EU passport so need Schengen visa to go to the continent. But can I book a flight, do online check-in (for both ways ) and get on the plane, go through the connections flight/transit area in the destination airport (obviously it needs to be a big airport) and return without having a visa for that country? I'm just not sure whether the airport security would check for my visa before getting on board at the gate. If I can a pass that step then I'll be fine I think...

Any idea?
Many many Thanks,