ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biggshot
Newly Registered

Parents

Post by biggshot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:28 pm

I am an Indian citizen and my wife is British. My parents would visit us once in every 1-2 years in the future from India. Do they have to apply for a visa each time they come or is there any type of non-settlement visa for 10 years?

THanks

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Parents

Post by olisun » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:53 pm

biggshot wrote:I am an Indian citizen and my wife is British. My parents would visit us once in every 1-2 years in the future from India. Do they have to apply for a visa each time they come or is there any type of non-settlement visa for 10 years?

THanks
You do get a multi-year multi-entry visa but then it depends on an individuals circumstances.

Also getting a multi-year visa doesn't mean that the person can stay in the UK for more than 6 months at a stretch and should be careful about the gaps between each trip.

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:09 pm

Any idea about the multi-year period? Is it for 10 years or less?

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Got the answer to my question on UKVisas website...

The duration is 10 years and the visitor cannot stay for more than 6 months during a visit.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:18 pm

They do NOT currently issue 10 year multiple entry despite what it says on the site. Because of the (in some cases, imminent) implementation of biometrics at various embassies they are issuing only 6 mths to 2 year visas. In rare cases they're issuing 5 year ME visitors' visas but only when the applicant has already had exactly such a type of visa in the past.

Question the local embassy in India if you want further confirmation. (Get it in writing because there are numerous cases of them charging the 10 year fee but issuing only a six month visa)

biggshot
Newly Registered

Post by biggshot » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 am

Many thanks. I will get an update and post on this site as soon as I can.