ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Employment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KickAss
Member of Standing

Regarding Employment

Post by KickAss » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi Guys
I am being lazy and posting first before searching so please don't troll me :)

This is a question regarding the clause for creating of 2 jobs.

My business is IT consultancy and services , so lets say if I get a software contract and I need more people. I might land up in a situation where I have to hire contractors to get that job done. Coz

a) The skill set I work on is high on demand and very few people go permanent.

b) It might be a quick requirement and usually perm employees need a month notice.

Now will those contractors I hire will cover the 2 job clause ?
Also
What are the exact terms and conditions for extension and where can I find them ? Were they in the policy guidelines ?
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

educators

Re: Regarding Employment

Post by educators » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:46 am

KickAss wrote:Hi Guys

My business is IT consultancy and services , so lets say if I get a software contract and I need more people. I might land up in a situation where I have to hire contractors to get that job done. Coz

b) It might be a quick requirement and usually perm employees need a month notice.

Also
What are the exact terms and conditions for extension and where can I find them ? Were they in the policy guidelines ?
No you cannot cover 2 job clause with contractors. On Page 17 of latest policy guidance it says....Self-employed contractors who are working for your business will not qualify for the award of points. For details of extension requirements, please read whole policy guidance specially from Page 13 on wards.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Regarding Employment

Post by KickAss » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks Bud !
educators wrote:
KickAss wrote:Hi Guys

Also
No you cannot cover 2 job clause with contractors. On Page 17 of latest policy guidance it says....Self-employed contractors who are working for your business will not qualify for the award of points. For details of extension requirements, please read whole policy guidance specially from Page 13 on wards.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:03 pm

KickAss, I guess you might need to think of employing just one IT staff at the moment and you have to improve your skill too to the level of the person that you have employed so that you can assist each other with the workload and then later, when your business expand, you can then employ a junior staff by next year.