ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application date for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SpokenHands

Application date for BC

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:57 pm

What is the official application date for British Citizenship?
I believe it is different from PBS applications (that tend to be post-stamped date)

I applied for BC on 23-Oct-13 via NCS, advised the NCS officer i had been out of the country between 06-08 Nov 2008 so i hoped the application would be taken up before.

She advised that the application was being despatched immediately, to arrive at the HO 26-Oct, but my 'Nationality' fee was taken only 08-Nov. I wonder if this the usual 'dirty tricks dept' at the UKBA rearing its ugly head?

AR

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:11 pm

For Citizenship, the date of application is the date Home Office receives your application irrespective of when you've posted.

Standard requirements for naturalisation wrote: For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates