ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension @PEO : Cover Letter required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1seeker
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension @PEO : Cover Letter required?

Post by tier1seeker » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello

A covering letter when you apply by post makes definite sense. If you are extending your visa by premium service/visiting the PEO, do you still need to take a covering letter along with your application? Will the case worker ask for it?

Any pointers from people who had applied using the premium service?

Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 pm

A letter would only be used to explain what is not obvious or evident in the application itself. Most people don't even include this when applying by post. If there are issues they can ask you at the PEO, otherwise, if they have serious doubts, they will make their own enquiries and no letter if going to prevent that happening.

tier1seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1seeker » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 pm

sure. thanks lucapooka. i had used a covering letter in my previous postal applications (initial and 1st ext), although generally explaining the intent of application and briefly describing the documentary evidences submitted. just wanted to make sure that its not something which would be asked for at the PEO.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am

tier1seeker wrote:sure. thanks lucapooka. i had used a covering letter in my previous postal applications (initial and 1st ext), although generally explaining the intent of application and briefly describing the documentary evidences submitted. just wanted to make sure that its not something which would be asked for at the PEO.
A covering letter is something that is definitely not asked for at the peo. I did not carry one with me, for my peo appintment back in May 2012. However turned out, I had to leave my documents behind with them due to biometric delay and I thought would have been useful to carry the cover letter. Would have atleast acted as a checklist of docs I am submitting.

Like lukapooka said, it is not neceserry unless you need to explain something that is not evident.

Apparently the format at PEO Croydon has changed(info from a friend who recently applied). You dont really sit down in front of the case workers counter like before to be able to answer questions / clarify.

A 'case registration' worker collects your documents, sorts it in order, puts it in file and hands the file back to you. He has no authority to have an opinion / suggestion on what documents you should include. After this you go and give your biometrics at which point you also hand over your file.

From then on you just follow the status on a big screen based on ur token number. You never really get to meet the case worker, until when your case has been approved and you are called to verify details on your approval letter and collect your documents.