ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm

They didn't give any reason but just said it was appropriate they gave a refund and that they are arranging for the money to be paid back. I didn't fill a form for hardship nor does my application look like someone who has no money. So I still don't understand. I got the letter today and contacted my solicitor who said he hasn't gotten one. So this letter was just for me.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter
Some good news at last!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations now begin to enjoy the freedom.

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter
@Fayvritt
Gongratulations!!! I wish you a very happy life :lol:
A fantastic news after all the refusal. Long may it continue to rain good news :lol: :lol:
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:52 pm

@fayvritt Congratulations hun! Well done!!

Everyone who has been refused, its far from over yet, the fight goes on, so just stay strong guys!

@God'sAuthority, dont know what to say.... your refusal is just too sad. Im praying for you darling!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Good news indeed after all the bad experiences we are having on this forum with UKBA....enjoy the freedom, well worth the wait... :D :D

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:58 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
Good news indeed after all the bad experiences we are having on this forum with UKBA....enjoy the freedom, well worth the wait... :D :D
Fayvritt!!! Fantastic news. Thank God for sweet freedom. Now those 13 months are history.. I feel like dancing
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Re: Re applying

Post by MRLAOLU » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Hadassah wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks
Hi

The problem about reapplying and not appealing is that if you are later refused again you will not be granted an appeal right the second time. My advice is that you complete an appeal form. It may take longer for the appeal to be heard but your chances of been granted are far greater as HO can simply refuse you again. Good Luck

11akb

Post by 11akb » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:sorry for your refusal @11kb, guys I phone one solicitor today, he is telling me, even in your refusal letter you don't have a right of appeal you can go for appeal process within 10 days, your appeal will allow to first tier tribunal, is it right? but I missed anyway for those who have a recent refusal if it works then its worth. I don't know I am asking in the forum?
hello shondra spoken to solicitor today he said that we will send them notice
to consider in 2 weeks otherwise he will take them to jr and as he said when u threat them or push them they look in to matter before you go to jr

11akb

Post by 11akb » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 pm

rina wrote:
11akb wrote:Hi I received a letter from homeoffice with no right to appeal what next after 13 years I am without any status I will fight for my kids going for judiciary
Sorry to hear about your refusal. What were the reasons given for it?

hi rina the reason that they give is when i applied for leave i was without status also one of partner is not british secondly we can go back easily and happy and children can still adjust there my kids going to be 10 and 9 years born and stay all time in uk spoken to solicitor he said that they are refusing most of applications at the moment i just pray that those who are waiting will get positve decision
Last edited by 11akb on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:25 pm

11akb wrote:
rina wrote:
11akb wrote:Hi I received a letter from homeoffice with no right to appeal what next after 13 years I am without any status I will fight for my kids going for judiciary

hi rina the reason that they give is when i applied for leave i was without status secondly we can go back easily and happy and children can still adjust there my kids going to be 10 and 9 years born and stay all time in uk spoken to solicitor he said that they are refusing most of applications at the moment i just pray that those who are waiting will get positve decision

Wow thats way harsh.. From the look of things it looks that way that they are refusing people I guess with the hope that they will not re-apply or appeal due to luck of funds.
But hang in there and will pray for you.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:42 pm

11akb wrote:
rina wrote:

hi rina the reason that they give is when i applied for leave i was without status also one of partner is not british secondly we can go back easily and happy and children can still adjust there my kids going to be 10 and 9 years born and stay all time in uk spoken to solicitor he said that they are refusing most of applications at the moment i just pray that those who are waiting will get positve decision
Fayvritt- congratulations enjoy your new freedom

11akb- so sorry for the refusal. It is ridiculous that the case worker was saying you are without status when you applied. The application in the first place is meant for that purpose and for people who are in that category.
I don't know your next line of action but I believe you will be well advices by your solicitor. You have a strong case been here for 13 years is not a joke, couple with children who have lived all their life here in uk for more than 7years.
One of the things you can do it to try as much as possible to register your child who is over 10 years as a British citizen. This will also help make your case stronger
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 pm

HO doesn't care any more, no matter how long you been in uk and child born and lived in uk, established private and family life here, they refused everyone, my solicitor told me someone been in uk 19 years and have children 9 years old, born here in uk, applied under 7 year rules, refused. I don't know how we going to fight?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 pm

@kukuwife how you doing? any news, probably your turn now, pray for a good result, best of luck.

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 am

hi, can anyone help me here? I am all screwed up. I guess my soliciter cheated me.
My situation is:
I made an FLRO visa in march, got acknowledgement in april and gave my biometrics in may 2013. A week back my employer send an employee checks form to UKBA on my name to know my visa status. They send him a mail saying that they don't have any outstanding application with them. Today I called myself to UKBA regarding my application and to my surprise they said that a decision had been made on my application and was sent to my soliciters in june 2013. But my lawyer didn't inform anything about recieving it.Even now, he is saying he hasn't recieved my docs. But I took tracking no. from ukba and confirmed that they recieved the my docs.
Now , I don't know where my passport is and I dont know what decision was made on my application? If , in case, my visa is rejected and my lawyer is hiding it from me, all of the sudden , I am a overstayer for 4 months. Is there any other way where I can find my passport and visa status. If , i am a overstayer can i leave uk without any problems in airport and can I get any letter from any gov body that i have overstayed here with a reason (lawyer cheated in my case). please help me. thanks in advance

october2013

Post by october2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 am

hello all, please i need your guidance. My husband came to the UK in 2004 as an msc student, i joined him a month after as his dependant. he finished and went on for his phd and in the meantime we have a child that's just turned 7yrs. We have a PSW permit that expires in November. We would like advise on how to renew this so that we can stay 1yr more and then qualify for settlement.
We saw several lawyers who gave different advises -
lawyer A, B & C said 2 apply for discretionary leave using the 7yr child route. however lawyer C has now contacted us to say our application would most likely be declined as we are a family unit (apparently if we were separated, it might be easier).
Lawyer D - says we should apply for entrepreneur permit or get a job that gives work permit

MY question is this, has anyone been in this situation and what advise can they offer? is there a route we can apply and get the extension we need please?

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 am

october2013 wrote:hello all, please i need your guidance. My husband came to the UK in 2004 as an msc student, i joined him a month after as his dependant. he finished and went on for his phd and in the meantime we have a child that's just turned 7yrs. We have a PSW permit that expires in November. We would like advise on how to renew this so that we can stay 1yr more and then qualify for settlement.
lawyer A, B & C said 2 apply for discretionary leave using the 7yr child route. however lawyer C has now contacted us to say our application would most likely be declined as we are a family unit (apparently if we were separated, it might be easier).
Lawyer D - says we should apply for entrepreneur permit or get a job that gives work permit

MY question is this, has anyone been in this situation and what advise can they offer? is there a route we can apply and get the extension we need please?
Hello October 2013,
Since its only one year why dont you get a job that gives work permit, for your husband with his PhD he could even do a research job with a university
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/cmc ... stdoc.aspx
2. get him to enrol in another further course, its quite plausible

The flr O route I wouldnt advise if you have other alternatives... my 20 pence :)

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 am

madhu678 wrote:hi, can anyone help me here? I am all screwed up. I guess my soliciter cheated me.
My situation is:
I made an FLRO visa in march, got acknowledgement in april and gave my biometrics in may 2013. A week back my employer send an employee checks form to UKBA on my name to know my visa status. They send him a mail saying that they don't have any outstanding application with them. Today I called myself to UKBA regarding my application and to my surprise they said that a decision had been made on my application and was sent to my soliciters in june 2013. But my lawyer didn't inform anything about recieving it.Even now, he is saying he hasn't recieved my docs. But I took tracking no. from ukba and confirmed that they recieved the my docs.
Now , I don't know where my passport is and I dont know what decision was made on my application? If , in case, my visa is rejected and my lawyer is hiding it from me, all of the sudden , I am a overstayer for 4 months. Is there any other way where I can find my passport and visa status. If , i am a overstayer can i leave uk without any problems in airport and can I get any letter from any gov body that i have overstayed here with a reason (lawyer cheated in my case). please help me. thanks in advance
Hi, why dont you confront your solicitor with this info ? As alternative you can always make a complaint to the governing body for solicitors - look it up on the net.
But if your main concern is whether you ll have any hassle at the airport for overstaying, the answer is no, no hassle at all. No questions asked even. You dont have to have your passport or anything to leave UK, you can contact your country's embassy and ask for a travelling document, you can use it to return home without your passport. Good luck!

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am

Also guys, I recieved a package from the HO yesterday, with my library and other membership cards I had included in my application, no note or anything. Does anyone know what this can mean... I dont know what to think

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 am

verbina wrote:
madhu678 wrote:hi, can anyone help me here? I am all screwed up. I guess my soliciter cheated me.
My situation is:
Hi, why dont you confront your solicitor with this info ? As alternative you can always make a complaint to the governing body for solicitors - look it up on the net.
But if your main concern is whether you ll have any hassle at the airport for overstaying, the answer is no, no hassle at all. No questions asked even. You dont have to have your passport or anything to leave UK, you can contact your country's embassy and ask for a travelling document, you can use it to return home without your passport. Good luck!
This happened to one of my friends a few years ago. in her case it was worse. The lawyer stuck a fake visa in her passport!!! I would fight this with the authorities if I was you. see if you can sue your lawyer with some of those no win no fee fellas. He must have insurance for negligence. All lawyers have that insurance. dont suffer quietly. You will get your papers, and if you want to go home, nothing wrong with that too, but make sure you get justice abd compensation and enjoy bubbly in your first class trip home courtesy of your selfish lawyer.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:25 am

Sweetypie wrote:Also guys, I recieved a package from the HO yesterday, with my library and other membership cards I had included in my application, no note or anything. Does anyone know what this can mean... I dont know what to think
:? urrrrrrm that they finished like?...

Was it just the library and membership cards in there, no other serious supporting docs?

God's Authority

thank you verbina

Post by God's Authority » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 am

verbina wrote:@fayvritt Congratulations hun! Well done!!

Everyone who has been refused, its far from over yet, the fight goes on, so just stay strong guys!

@God'sAuthority, dont know what to say.... your refusal is just too sad. Im praying for you darling!
Thank you verbina darling. Who would have thought but then that's how the home office rolls. Just patiently waiting for the next stage which is the appeal.
The lawyer I spoke to was saying article 8 only applies to someone who has a settled partner and that as my partner and I have only been here for about 5 years it is still not enough grounds to prove we have established life here.
That's even when all the docs to prove were staring him in the face! Even the refusal letter made no mention of this as they narrowed it down to article 3 which they know is a tricky route. Well, am just patiently waiting for a hearing date. By the way hon, I hope you are ok? Keep the faith strong. God bless you

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: thank you verbina

Post by verbina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:51 am

God's Authority wrote:
verbina wrote:@fayvritt Congratulations hun! Well done!!

Thank you verbina darling. Who would have thought but then that's how the home office rolls. Just patiently waiting for the next stage which is the appeal.
The lawyer I spoke to was saying article 8 only applies to someone who has a settled partner and that as my partner and I have only been here for about 5 years it is still not enough grounds to prove we have established life here.
That's even when all the docs to prove were staring him in the face! Even the refusal letter made no mention of this as they narrowed it down to article 3 which they know is a tricky route. Well, am just patiently waiting for a hearing date. By the way hon, I hope you are ok? Keep the faith strong. God bless you
Oh I do hope that you ll have a competent and sympathetic immigration judge and you wont have to wait too long for your hearing!!!
We all have you in our prayers darl - that d be the first little babba born in our forum family!!! But fingers crossed you will be granted way way before you have to give birth!!
All is well with me, thank you for asking ! Just waiting....and waiting... and more waiting lol xxx

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:00 am

october2013 wrote:hello all, please i need your guidance. My husband came to the UK in 2004 as an msc student, i joined him a month after as his dependant. he finished and went on for his phd and in the meantime we have a child that's just turned 7yrs. We have a PSW permit that expires in November. We would like advise on how to renew this so that we can stay 1yr more and then qualify for settlement.

I agree with Lawyer D's advice and is 100% correct, all the best

congrats Fayvrit. Good morning All, hi Verbina good to know you are alive!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: Re applying

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:04 am

MRLAOLU wrote:
Hadassah wrote:Hello ladies and gentlemen. I ll like to congratulate all those that had their visas granted and to us dt were refused that the good God will have mercy on us and make a way. And to those waiting to hear for a reply,I wish dem all d very best according to their heart desires.
I have a quick question, pls aw does reapplying after refusal with right to peal works? My lawyer advices I reapply that they r responding faster now. I ll appreciate to read a reply soon. Thanks
Hi

The problem about reapplying and not appealing is that if you are later refused again you will not be granted an appeal right the second time. My advice is that you complete an appeal form. It may take longer for the appeal to be heard but your chances of been granted are far greater as HO can simply refuse you again. Good Luck
@mr laolu are you basing this on anecdotal evidence? I don't think it works like that at all!