ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Set-O) Success- Birmingham

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a_k
Newly Registered

ILR (Set-O) Success- Birmingham

Post by a_k » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi All

First of all thanks a lot for all the gurus on this forum for quick help and also thanks to lot of people who shared their experiences on this forum which helped me a lot to get the ILR documentation ready

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=ilr this topic helped me getting to the PEO office and sorting parking etc. Thanks

My case was slightly different as I have UK born son who was my dependant and my wife has her own tier1 visa. To get son’s visa it’s a requirement for both the parents to apply together. So I and my wife booked the appointment in the span of 15 mins and we both mentioned the same thing to case worker that we are applying together and requested them to process the application together (which they did thankfully)

Documents submitted

1. 12 month salary slips
2. 12 months bank statements
3. Letter from company stating that I am a full time employee
4. Absence letter for my employer (had three absences for which I had the letter - total 41 days)
5. Self-letter for absence (27 days)
6. P60 (last 3 years) – totally optional
7. Paternity leave letter from employer
8. Son’s birth certificate
9. Council tax for last 3 years (was not needed at all)
10. Marriage certificate (I don’t know whether it was required )

My wife submitted all the above documents plus she had to submit the extra documents for her maternity leave.

Got my approval letter in 2 hrs after submitting the biometric details. When I was giving her all the docs she told me that all she is interested in is my financial docs (salary slip and bank statements)

Al in all it was a very pleasant experience. Birmingham PEO staff is very friendly.

Now waiting for my biometric card to arrive

Thanks again

a_k
Newly Registered

Post by a_k » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:19 pm

And yes the obvious documents i did not mention in my previous note
1. Passport
2. BRP
3. Life in UK test cert