ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Showing personal and business bank account funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

misskin
Canada

Showing personal and business bank account funds

Post by misskin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:26 pm

hello,

i have recently started contracting as a developer, and am currently under PSW. I plan to apply for the switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in December.

I need to show £50k, most of which i have in a personal bank account. However, I also have money coming in as a contractor but it is in a business account. It is just sitting there and I haven't invested in anything.

My question is: can I show money from the business account, which is under my name and my company name, towards the £50k?

Thanks for all your help,
Kinnu

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:40 pm

u must have ur own 50k as investment money. money in business account belongs to bussiness not u though u own compnay. make sure u have 50k in ur personnal account at the time of application.

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Re: Showing personal and business bank account funds

Post by sabuj263 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Agreed with Darvesh. If you are planning to apply December. You should start processing necessary documentation planning by ASAP. Having money is the key but money is not everything. There are so many refusals around. So please read policy guidance and this forum previous threads probable list of documents. Good luck on your next steps.
Many Regards

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:35 pm

As Darvesh said, the 50K must be your own money. Money in your business account is company money. How will the home office know your liabilities (corporation tax, VAT, PAYE/NI, dividend tax) or your profits (dividends) just by looking at your business account balance? Except of course if you get your accounts audited by a recognized accounting firm to show all of the above. However that is just complicating a relatively simple thing.

Transfer your dividends in your personal account to make up your 50K. And besides, the policy guidance clearly states the bank statement showing your funding money is to be from a personal account, NOT a business one.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Showing personal and business bank account funds

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:07 pm

@ misskin, since you are already trading in your business, then you should try to put separate 50k in your personal account and then also submit your business bank statement, company invoices, contract with clients e.t.c. to show that you are already trading and this I believe should help in your case.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.