ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fasttrack application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

Fasttrack application

Post by krssubbu » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi,

My mother today applied for family visa in Chennai embassy for 6 months or less and was told that the service is not available in Chennai and moreover the last time she travelled to the UK was in 2006 and wont be eligible

is fast track application service available in Chennai for Family visa to UK and any requirements for this service ?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:21 pm

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Fasttrack application

Post by vignezh » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:39 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

My mother today applied for family visa in Chennai embassy for 6 months or less and was told that the service is not available in Chennai and moreover the last time she travelled to the UK was in 2006 and wont be eligible

is fast track application service available in Chennai for Family visa to UK and any requirements for this service ?

Thanks
Is this a visitor visa or a family visitor visa, becuase my MIL applied on 29th september and yet to hear from the BHC

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:51 pm

@Lucapooka - this link does not say requirements for fasttrack visa ?

@vignezh - Family visa (think family members will need to apply for family visa so you must have applied for the same)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 pm

krssubbu wrote:@Lucapooka - this link does not say requirements for fasttrack visa ?
You need to click on the link on the LHS that says: Premium and Priority Services. The least you could do is actually read the information that is being presented to you.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks, I have read this twice and pasted this for you

Fast track service

We will fast track the processing of your application and aim to make your documents available for collection (or passed to the courier, if you have paid for this service) in the following timescales:
at the end of the next working day in Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi;
at the end of the third working day in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Kolkata and Pune; at the end of the fourth
working day in Bangalore, Cochin and Hyderabad.

Where does it say what are the requirments - it just says its available in Chennai and other centres which I know already and hence that's why wanted to make the fast track application. But the guyz over there said she cant apply because she travelled to the UK in 2006 - hence my question of any requirements ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:03 pm

I wonder about your ability to see what is clear and obvious, as immediately after the text you have cited above, it clearly indicates a link where you can find more information.

You can find out more about this service on the VFS Global website.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:58 pm

krssubbu wrote:@Lucapooka - this link does not say requirements for fasttrack visa ?

@vignezh - Family visa (think family members will need to apply for family visa so you must have applied for the same)
Family visitor is only if the sponsor is settled/British citizen. Otherwise, you should apply for General visitor only. As far as I know in Chennai VFS you can apply for Fast track visa for those who have previously travelled to select countries without trouble.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Yes that's what I thought. I am settled and have an ILR visa.

My mother has travelled to the UK before and don't think she should have any problems using fast track service ?

kspattees
Newly Registered

Post by kspattees » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:25 pm

I am in ILR visa and would like to apply family visitors visa short term for my mother.

Planning to apply through Fast Track Service at Chennai office and submitting below documents:-

Sponsorship Documents:-
-----------------------------
1. Invitation letter
2. Passport photo copy
2. Biometric card photo copy
3. Home office letter confirming permission to stay in UK
4. Last 6 months bank statements

Applicant's Documents:-
--------------------------
1. Passport
2. Passport size photo
3. Marriage certificate or civil partner ship certificate (Not available)
4. School transfer certificate (TC)
5. Bank statements

Please clarify following points:

1. My parents does not have marriage certificate. Is marriage certificate mandatory? if so, can I submit any other alternative document?

2. Please provide sample invitation letter

3. Do I need to submit sponsorship declaration document? if so, please provide sample sponsorship declaration document.

4. Please provide sample covering letter.

Thank you!!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:50 am

krssubbu wrote:Yes that's what I thought. I am settled and have an ILR visa.

My mother has travelled to the UK before and don't think she should have any problems using fast track service ?
If you go through the above links provided by Lucapooka you would notice the eligibility criteria for FastTrack - there is a 5 year clause - so if someone didn't travel in the previous five years to UK, US or Schengen countries s/he may not be eligible for fasttrack.