ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpaust
Newly Registered

EC Question

Post by hsmpaust » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Iam applying for EC next week and having a question

I have visited London last month in a visitor visa and having about £4500 pounds worth of TC's unused and taken on my name during the trip.

I will be loosing a lot of money If i convert the TC back to the local currency for EC purpose and buy the TC's back again

Iam unsure how to prove my £4500 of savings currently in TC's

Can i send the original TC's to the high commision along with the entry clearance application? or depositing the TC's in the bank account and taking a fresh statement will be the right decision

please recommend your views

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 am

hi

My only suggestion to u would be dont loose ure hard earned money for any stupid reason. u can always show ure travellers cheque , but keep few things in mind :

1.make sure you sign on them , and attach ure passport photocopy along with it. This is how BHC will be able to make out that TC's are ur's.

2.If possible try to produce the receipt of your TC's purchase, which will be i think in your name...This could be of gr8 help..

All the very best...

Aj_sp_007
________
Motorcycle tires
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:58 am

Hi,
Also pls add details of how you purchased the GBP 4500 TC's in the first place, like source of funds. The BDHC would be extremely keen to understand that.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:00 pm

I would suggest just post with the copy of th TCs and the receipt explaining the situation in a cover letter.

hsmpaust
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaust » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:40 pm

thanks friends.

luckily I have the documents whilst purchasing the TC's and the amount debited from the same account iam gonna show the proof of funds.

I will send the original TC purchase documents and copy of TC's attested by Justice of Peace (Also planning to get a letter from a Justice of Peace saying he personally checked the TC's on the day of applying EC)

thanks very much for you support

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Sorry for deviating from the topic but I just want to confirm some points regarding EC.
I understand, to apply EC, guidelines are mentioned in the HSMP Guidance notes in “Stage 2: Apply for ECâ€

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi,
I got the answers to question 1) 2 and 3) in the following url

http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/index.aspx
http://ukvisas.integrascreen.com/DVPBHC ... acker.aspx

but my question 4 is still open.Can anybdy answer that?

and plzz tell me whats the total fee including integra screening?
Thanks

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:42 pm

I don't know why people bother with TC anymore with the availability of cash machines and the acceptance of credit cards and debit card internationally.
In any case, while normally TC shouldn't be used to show your ability to support yourself. I'd sell the story that you want to open a bank account in the UK and have already converted your savings in your local currency to do it.
Keep in mind, to open an account in the UK, you need a utility bill, to get a utility bill, you need to rent, to rent you need a bank account. See the vicious circle??

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:33 pm

hsmpaust: would it be possible for your current account in your home country to be converted to a sterling account (if the bank has branches or is based in the UK) and then deposit the TCs into that sterling account, thus not losing money on exchange rate differentials ? Then the funds could be shown to be in the home account for EC purposes, but would be accessible in sterling after arrival in the UK. The international account might also be an easier transitional arrangement to a full UK account (given the ridiculous chicken-and-the-egg problem with opening a UK account de novo, as syh characerised).

hsmp0804: for entry clearance, I sent in statements for a current account (with a relatively low balance) and an equities account (with a higher balance), so submitting statements for two accounts (such as a current account and a money market or equities account) would seem perfectly workable.

AG

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:40 pm

Dear Friends,

One small clarification regarding the British Passport.

My friend who is an British Citizen is helping me with the Accomodation Letter for EC application. I have received all the documents including his British Passport.....but for my surprise he has sent only one page (which shows his photographs and details abt the passport). Is it not like Indian Passport with first page and last page giving details like Family / Father name, date of birth etc .

Whether this one page of the British Passport is enough or the visa officer will ask for some other pages too ?

I hope you got my doubt

Plz help
Mohan