ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can all June applicants from India post here pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:42 am

Hi Twisha,

You have done a xlent wrk by posting the Covering letter..most ppl would feel gr8 to use this..

Then even am tensed & waiting..By browsig this forum i came to conclusion that Ref number or CC deduction doesnt have any time frame..its really varying case to case..

please update ur status when u get any..

Cheers
ikon

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:52 am

Awesome post Twisha! Thanks a ton.

I think I will get my Form 16 tomorrow...

And guys keep posting about the updates...

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Thanks everyone ....

Still nothing @ CC charges and ref number ....

aaplication reached on 4th June

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:48 pm

Great job Twisha.this letter will be really helpful.thx

im also gettin my form 16 tomorrow...n shall file my ITR next week. :)

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:42 am

Hi

The update as of early morning 08 june is , NO REF number yet :oops: :roll: :?: :idea: :evil: :shock: :(

Cheers
ikon

Achtung

Is the period ok for us?

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:24 am

Hey I found a post where someone responded that for the period Apr06 to Mar 07 the application should reach HO by end of May...just check this out...

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16154

roy_rajat

Re: Is the period ok for us?

Post by roy_rajat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:13 am

Achtung wrote:Hey I found a post where someone responded that for the period Apr06 to Mar 07 the application should reach HO by end of May...just check this out...

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16154
I dont knnow what is the source of this information however if it is true then it is absolutely ridiculous. becoz no where in there guidance it is mentioned as such. They clearly say any 12 month period within last 15 months....so staring from 1st April 2006 end of 15th month would be 31June 2007. So if application reach HO within that then they have to consider the period!!!
I have just submitted my application with this period as i was waiting for my tax return certificate P60 which we only get towards the end of May in UK.

Do people think rejection based on this issue calls for a fair review???

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 am

Hi,

Even I am baffled. I think I will call HO today and confirm this. I have already sent a mail. Meanwhile you guys can also try and get this info from HO. Hey roy_rajat could please post your application time lines.

Regards,
Achtung

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:37 am

Achtung wrote:Hi,

Even I am baffled. I think I will call HO today and confirm this. I have already sent a mail. Meanwhile you guys can also try and get this info from HO. Hey roy_rajat could please post your application time lines.

Regards,
Achtung
Well i still dont have any time line except that i have applied by Special delivery on June 5, and it was delivered on June 6. My CC has not been charged yet (which is again woryying for me)

I dont see the point of HO....if people have to call up HO before applying what is the use of posting a 50 page guidlines....

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Guys,

Roy_rajat, well said buddy..The point which u highlighted was valid..Out of 15 months period we can choose any 12 months period..Let me tel my case here..

I applied on may 31st 2007..i have covered period of Mar 2006 - April 2007.(in between i left out October & november 2006,since i changed my company that time)

Now achtung, the link which you have provided was quite confusing & has opened can of worms in my head :oops: ...already am worried coz my apps reached on 04 june , still to get ref no :cry:

But am confident with this coz its simple maths when u pick 12 outa 15. nothing can go wrong..If HO doesnt understnad ths logic...then we can call it the dawn for HSMP :P

Roy can u post ur timelines please?

Cheers
ikon

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:30 am

I agree on 12 months our fo 15 months period point ....

I have myself read this in guidlines.... so there is no point ... but since our applications reached on 4th june and still CC not chrged and no ref number ....

its quite scary ...

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:13 am

Hi twisha

Mix of reactions

:D - to sail in my boat
:oops: - i havnt got my ref no.

:wink:

Cheers
ikon

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:58 am

ikon1400 wrote:Hi twisha

Mix of reactions

:D - to sail in my boat
:oops: - i havnt got my ref no.

:wink:

Cheers
ikon
i got my refernce number for payment (not the six digit HSMP ref). the payment has been processed today. I had sent application on 5-6-07. They said i would be assgined a caseworker sometime next week.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:21 pm

HI roy thanks for the update ..

how did u get the ref number for the PAYMENT ????
and also your application delivered on what date ???

congrats atleast you are in stage 1.... we still waiting to get to that stage..

cheers!!!
TWISHA

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:00 pm

Hey guys...

I never wanted to scare you all...in fact I was just browsing through the forum and suddenly I came across this post...I thought I would ask you guys...
After all this discussion I am also convinced that we are doing the right thing! :)

All the best!!!

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:24 pm

hsmpTry wrote:HI roy thanks for the update ..

how did u get the ref number for the PAYMENT ????
and also your application delivered on what date ???

congrats atleast you are in stage 1.... we still waiting to get to that stage..

cheers!!!
TWISHA
I called up the home office this morning. the application was delivered yesterday although Royal Mail website confirmed that the appplication was delivered on 6th. Anyway, at least the payment is cleared. The rep also said that i would be assigned caseworker sometime next week.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi roy please tell me what number you have called .... ???

please let me know ASAP ... as tomm is sat and then sunday ... I wanna see whats happening with my application

cheers!!
TWISHA

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Achtung,
good that u clarified :)
Thanks

n yaaa i got my form-16 today :) . I'll be filing my ITR sometime next week.
Last edited by hsmp0804 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:05 pm

just got a bad news for you guys ....

my application has been returned back ... as the payment was not succesful from my HDFC credit card. ...

HO has sent the application via royal mail ... I am hoping that i get all documents back safely ...

also can anyone suggest whats the other way of paying ??? like IKON did it via DD ... how that can be made ??

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:22 pm

hsmpTry wrote:just got a bad news for you guys ....

my application has been returned back ... as the payment was not succesful from my HDFC credit card. ...

HO has sent the application via royal mail ... I am hoping that i get all documents back safely ...

also can anyone suggest whats the other way of paying ??? like IKON did it via DD ... how that can be made ??
Sad to hear about this news Twisha, but did you let your bank know about this transaction (i mean HDFC card) since in Indian money it is a lot of money to be transacted in one go they might have created some problem. You should actually ask your HDFC card people and hold hem liable for any loss!!!!
The safest bet for you now would be to pay by cheque...i kow it might take sometime to clear. I am ot aware how international DDs work!!!

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:29 pm

@Twisha
This is real bad news...but atleast u have got all your docs back...I think the same thing happened with vidya(one of the forum members) she also used the HDFC card...I suppose...never mind...u can get a DD from your bank...even I plan to do the same as the CC are unsafe...

@ikon1400
Cud u please share how u prepared the DD...how much time it took...and all of that stuff...payable to...
And I still did not get my Form 16...U were talking about a "proper cover letter" if we submit without ITR....May I ask you to share your cover letter...thanks in advance bro...

@hsmp0804
Congs that's real good news...I think rest all of docs are ready fro u...so when do u apply?

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:14 am

Hi all,

I am seeing quite a number of issues arised over night..

can you tel hw u came to knw CC got rejcted did u cal?

First to Twisha, do not losse heart with this payment issue..its simple..plan to talk to the HDFC CC later..but now see the payment options u have.

1) I got a DD from ICICI bank, chennai(Its my branch- i have a savings account in that branch..u can get from other branches also)
NOTE : But Only certain branches in a city wil give this DD.
2) U can put money in tat account(say it took 32,985 Rs for me).
3) Visit the branch in person and look for the FoREX team in the branch.
4) they will give a form , fill it, they wil normally take 4-5 hours the same day..( i gave at 11 am & got it by 6 PM same day)
5) U have to take in favour of Home Office, Work Permits (UK)" payable at London
6)You need not wtrite your name or antg in this check.
7)take the number from the check & write on payment slip in the appliation form.
6) time for processing this check at home office end is not knwon to me yet.

I was told by my consultatnt tat it takes min 7 days to process :? ,but its reliable..

Hsmp0804, I don have the sample or soft copy of the cover letter since i did the apps through a consultant.

Then still am waitg for a mail with my ref number.. :oops:

Please let me know if you need any specific details about DD/check..

Cheers
Ikon

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:00 am

Hi Guys,

As of 11-june morning , no updates about my ref number :idea: :?:

Any new applicants ths week?

cheers
ikon

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:57 am

Hi Ikon ... dont worry ... by wednessday morning you will have the ref number ....

I am still waiting for my docs to arrive .... dont know when will i get my file back. ..... :(

i have the royal mail reference number given by HO but on royal mail site it only gives one status that the "shipment is on the way" ....
is there any way to know where exactly is the shipment and how much time it will take ???

let me know if anyone knows about it...

cheers!!!
TWISHA

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:59 am

Hi Twisha,

Thanks for the specualtion about my refernce number :!:

Then wait patiently , you wil get all the documents soon.

Cheers
ikon