ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding dates for Naturatlisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

achintk
Newly Registered

Confusion regarding dates for Naturatlisation

Post by achintk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 am

Hi

Is there any requirement that I need to be present in the UK one year back on the date of application. i.e. If I am applying on 19th Oct 2013, do I need to be present in the UK on 20th Oct 2012? I have NCS appointment tomorrow and want to make sure I am eligible. I was present in the UK on 20th Oct 2008 (i.e. 5 years rule).
A prompt reply highly appreciated.

Thanks
AK

vinny

Re: Confusion regarding dates for Naturatlisation

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:35 am

achintk wrote:Is there any requirement that I need to be present in the UK one year back on the date of application. i.e. If I am applying on 19th Oct 2013, do I need to be present in the UK on 20th Oct 2012?
There is no such requirement. However, under the 5 years requirements, you should also have held ILR/PR for at least a year, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.