ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 am

Can somebody pls update in skyline my detail
I was student visa for 10 years in UK

Apply SET LR: 10 May 2013
Fingerprint 1 :29 May 2013
Fingerprint 2: 20 June 2013
ILR approved :14 Oct 2013

Thank you Bhupal

Soban

Post by Soban » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:27 am

Bhupal wrote:Can somebody pls update in skyline my detail
I was student visa for 10 years in UK

Apply SET LR: 10 May 2013
Fingerprint 1 :29 May 2013
Fingerprint 2: 20 June 2013

Thank you Bhupal
Congratulations Bhupal
--

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:27 am

Many congratulations Bhupal !

Can I ask you, why two fingerprint dates? Was there some kind of error after first biometrics enrollment?

Thank you.

Benito

Post by Benito » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Bhupal wrote:Yesterday Dashera time I got my ILR after 10 years studying in UK.
I would like to thank you all the forum people who help me.

send SETLR on 10 May 2013
Fingerprint;29 May 2013

Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who came UK both on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can somebody please tell me which application form do my wife and son have to fill during apply,their recent visa is my Tier 4 student dependent which expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.Can my wife and son apply before 28 Oct 2013,due to UKBA English change rule.Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son.Thank you in advanced
Bhupal
Hi Bhupal,
Congratulation & all the best in the future!!!

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 am

Nevermind, I found earlier post about double biometrics for Bhupal.

Could someone please update Bhupal as green Complete in Skydrive. Thanks.

Shahkakaram

Re: Need advice

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:17 pm

abrahman2 wrote:
khan0786 wrote:
abrahman2 wrote:Hi there,
I am on tier 4 general student visa (valid till Jan 2016) doing my PhD. On 4th of October I applied for ILR under 10 years rule (came here 4th Oct 2003) and got my acknowledgement letter on 9th October. I have not enrolled for my course this year (2nd year PhD) as I am planning to differ it for the time being. However my university is saying if I do not pay the tuition fees and enroll by 15th October they will withdraw their sponsorship and ask home office to cancel my student visa (I just do not have the £8000 needed to complete the enrollment). Could anyone please advise if this will affect the ILR application, I made?

I do not have any other issues as I never over stayed my visa or stayed no more than 70 days in one go, no criminal conviction, did my graduation and masters from reputed university.

I would highly appreciate your thought.
Thanks
Abrahman
If the Tier 4 migrant fails to start studying with their sponsor or they stop studying you must
curtail their leave under paragraph 323A(a)(ii) of the rules.
You cannot exercise discretion unless one of the following exceptions specified in paragraph
323A(b)(iv) of the rules applies:
 they are under the age of 18
 they have a dependent child under the age of 18
 you are going to curtail the migrant‟s leave so they will have leave remaining and they
have less than 60 days leave remaining on the day you are making the decision
 they were granted leave to enter or remain with another sponsor or under another
immigration category, or
 they have a pending application for leave to remain, or variation of leave, with the UK
Border Agency, or has a pending appeal under Section 82 of the Nationality,
Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.
Thank you very much brother Khan, I guess my situation would fall into the last point of discretion...! If this is so what shall I do now, shall I just wait for the HO to come up with some decision or....?

Regards

Dear Abrahman ,

Kindly updated your case out come and your decision to not to pay the fees or to pay the fees ! because i will be fall under the same situation as you are in now in June 2014 , so i am also seeking advise what to do in such case !...

I am not a proper adviser however in my humble understanding if the university will cancel your sponsership still your 10 years ILR case will not effect if and only if you have legally spend 10years with all conditions also fulfill then you are in safe zone becuase your cirumstances has been change on 4th OCT 2013 But if by any chance your ILR application outcome is REFUSAL for any reason then you have to win your Right to Appeal option otherwise you have to face some troubles ...

i m not sure what will be correct step you should have to take and i am looking forward to share all progress of your application because i will have to face the same situation in 2014 with slightly different parameters !

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 pm

There is some sort of error on Skydrive 10 years waiting list table.

Could someone fix this please?

zeeshankhann
Newly Registered

Can some one help please?

Post by zeeshankhann » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:29 am

Dear all

I am wondering if anyone can help answer the below questions (ideally from someone who has experienced these first hand)

1: Can there be an interview? Is it even possible HO call someone to double check?

2: Can biometrics be taken twice for any reason?

3: What is good enough reason for expedited case? is someone wanting to attend birth of child back home a good enough reason?

Looking forward to hearing from your comments.

Nice day all :)

ppycrmt

Re: Can some one help please?

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:52 am

1) No interview. Come on, read up on the UKBA website before asking!

2) If UKBA wants your finger prints twice, then they will ask you to take it twice. They usually do that due to error on the first finger print.

3) No, no reasons can expedite your case unless it's death or illness related. If you are waiting for the birth of your child back home, I suggest you to apply afterwards.
zeeshankhann wrote:Dear all

I am wondering if anyone can help answer the below questions (ideally from someone who has experienced these first hand)

1: Can there be an interview? Is it even possible HO call someone to double check?

2: Can biometrics be taken twice for any reason?

3: What is good enough reason for expedited case? is someone wanting to attend birth of child back home a good enough reason?

Looking forward to hearing from your comments.

Nice day all :)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:07 am

In 10 Years LR Skydrive there is a person, who applied last, in October, outside of the main table. He or she is in the wrong table at the end of the first table where summary is instead of the beginning of the next table. Nickname of this person "f khan".

Could someone correct it please?

leetleyang
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by leetleyang » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:10 am

Hi,

Just to add an additional datapoint to the skydrive excel sheet:

Application SET(LR) sent: 2 May 2013
Biometric letter (dated 21 May) received: 25 May 2013
Biometrics recorded: 29 May 2013
ILR approved: 11 Oct 2013
ILR received: 15 Oct 2013
Supporting documents received: 16 Oct 2013

Preface-
Initial application on 26 Apr 2013 was returned due to incorrect form and fees - SET(O) instead of SET(LR). Unfortunately, solicitor was unaware of the changes at the time of application. Return of documents was attempted by post on 30 Apr 2013 to my home address instead of the solicitor's. Signed for delivery returned to post office depot. Documents finally picked up on 2 May 2013, one day after existing Tier 1 (General) visa had expired. SET(LR) prepared the same day and sent off.

Background-
2002-2010 leave to remain: student visa(s)
2010-2013 Tier 1 (General)

Initial application had no absences longer than 4 months at any one time, but total absences accrued amounted to 217 days - 37 days over the limit. Solicitor made a case for work absences (during PhD and postdoctoral appointment) to be discounted on the basis that while ILR(10 years) had no such stipulations, work absences were disregarded in other leave to remain categories. Regardless, the 180-day limit was satisfied outright when the application process passed the September mark. At this point, concerns remained regarding the expiration of the Tier 1 (General) visa causing a break in my lawful stay, albeit just one day.

Soban

Re: ILR approved

Post by Soban » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:02 pm

leetleyang wrote:Hi,

Just to add an additional datapoint to the skydrive excel sheet:

Application SET(LR) sent: 2 May 2013
Biometric letter (dated 21 May) received: 25 May 2013
Biometrics recorded: 29 May 2013
ILR approved: 11 Oct 2013
ILR received: 15 Oct 2013
Supporting documents received: 16 Oct 2013

Preface-
Initial application on 26 Apr 2013 was returned due to incorrect form and fees - SET(O) instead of SET(LR). Unfortunately, solicitor was unaware of the changes at the time of application. Return of documents was attempted by post on 30 Apr 2013 to my home address instead of the solicitor's. Signed for delivery returned to post office depot. Documents finally picked up on 2 May 2013, one day after existing Tier 1 (General) visa had expired. SET(LR) prepared the same day and sent off.

Background-
2002-2010 leave to remain: student visa(s)
2010-2013 Tier 1 (General)

Initial application had no absences longer than 4 months at any one time, but total absences accrued amounted to 217 days - 37 days over the limit. Solicitor made a case for work absences (during PhD and postdoctoral appointment) to be discounted on the basis that while ILR(10 years) had no such stipulations, work absences were disregarded in other leave to remain categories. Regardless, the 180-day limit was satisfied outright when the application process passed the September mark. At this point, concerns remained regarding the expiration of the Tier 1 (General) visa causing a break in my lawful stay, albeit just one day.

Congratulations leetleyang!

That's another May approval. Hopefully HO will
Move on to June applicants soon
--

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks very much for corrections in Skydrive which I pointed out. Could someone also please correct the person with the nick "2013" has biometrics enrolment and receipt of letter date format slightly wrong, first number should be month, second should be day. It is in the column / line 71.

This is 10 Yr LR Route.

Thank you. Cheers!

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Maxwell wrote:Thanks very much for corrections in Skydrive which I pointed out. Could someone also please correct the person with the nick "2013" has biometrics enrolment and receipt of letter date format slightly wrong, first number should be month, second should be day. It is in the column / line 71.

This is 10 Yr LR Route.

Thank you. Cheers!
Someone corrected biometrics letter but not enrolment. Please correct biometrics enrolment date too.

moulie18

Additional Documents requested

Post by moulie18 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:41 am

Hello dear fellows,

I applied for ILR (10 yr based) in 15th July.
Biometrics done 14th August.

My wife and my son applied in September 7th. (biometrics taken 1st October)

Yesterday 17th October I received a letter from HO. They are requesting ORIGINAL documents again.

Its says I should provide
1.Recent council tax bill
2. Rent agreement/Local authority confirming who is living there
3. My salary/Contract
4. My P60.

Which I have already submitted in July.

Can anyone tell me how long normally takes them to make a decision -after they receive these docs..

The letter has been sent from TEMPORARY MIGRATION TEAM(number)

Thanks a lot.

best regards,

Moulie.

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

Hi Bhupal,
We applied via solicitor and once my wife and sons visas were about to run out, My wife done LIFE IN THE UK test and applied to ILR (she came to UK in 2006)
Still waiting... :(
Bhupal wrote:Yesterday Dashera time I got my ILR after 10 years studying in UK.
I would like to thank you all the forum people who help me.

send SETLR on 10 May 2013
Fingerprint;29 May 2013

Now I would like to apply for my wife and son who came UK both on April 2006(7 years in UK).Can somebody please tell me which application form do my wife and son have to fill during apply,their recent visa is my Tier 4 student dependent which expire on April/2014.My wife got ESOL level 2 certificate in speaking and listening.Can my wife and son apply before 28 Oct 2013,due to UKBA English change rule.Do I have to work before apply for my wife and son.Thank you in advanced
Bhupal

ppycrmt

Your rights after SET(LR)

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:29 am

Can anyone please advise your rights in the UK after obtaining SET(LR)? Can you start your own business? Can you buy houses?

Are there any relevant webpages giving you such information?

Soban

Re: Your rights after SET(LR)

Post by Soban » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 am

ppycrmt wrote:Can anyone please advise your rights in the UK after obtaining SET(LR)? Can you start your own business? Can you buy houses?

Yea to both questions.

You can start your own business and all the high street banks will lend mortgage loans to you if you have ILR
--

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Soban,

Do you have webpages from UKBA?
Soban wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:Can anyone please advise your rights in the UK after obtaining SET(LR)? Can you start your own business? Can you buy houses?

Yea to both questions.

You can start your own business and all the high street banks will lend mortgage loans to you if you have ILR

Soban

Post by Soban » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 am

ppycrmt wrote:Hi Soban,

Soban wrote:

Yea to both questions.

In afraid I don't. But the letter that will accompany your ILR, should have that information
--

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 am

Hi Soban,

Thanks. I just want to double check. From my understanding is that you can do anything in the UK after receiving your ILR except to vote.
Soban wrote:

Soban wrote:

Yea to both questions.

In afraid I don't. But the letter that will accompany your ILR, should have that information

Soban

Post by Soban » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 am

Yes, that's correct. As long as anything does not constitute hitting a random guy in the face!
a

Thanks. I just want to double check. From my understanding is that you can do anything in the UK after receiving your ILR except to vote.
Soban wrote:

Soban wrote:
Yea to both questions.

--

MEMON78
Newly Registered

need to know urgently

Post by MEMON78 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi everybody
I am very new to this forum. My immigration history is 8 years student and 2 years PSW.

No gaps in 10 years, never been out of UK after arrival on 9 Oct 2003.

With my SET (LR) application form I have sent

my old and new passports
my resident permit card which is expiring in 20/12/13
my life in the uk pass notification letter
Two copies of my pictures.

As per my understanding of set lr form requirements only those documents are needed.

Plz can anyone throw some light if I am wrong and need to send more documents if so, what kinds????? pls pls
Last edited by MEMON78 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppycrmt

Re: need to know urgently

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Memon78,

I am also 8 years student followed by 2 years PSW. I came in 2003 August, and I applied 2 months ago. I think all the docs you sent will be fine. I sent extra immigration history as I have been in and out of the country since 2003.

The best of luck.
MEMON78 wrote:Hi everybody
I am very new to this forum. My immigration history is 8 years student and 2 years PSW.

No gaps in 10 years, never been out of UK after arriving in 9 Oct 2003.

With my SET (LR) application form I have sent

my old and new passports
my resident permit card which is expiring in 20/12/13
my life in the uk pass notification letter
Two copies of my pictures.

As per my understanding of set lr form requirements only those documents are needed.

Plz can anyone throw some light if I am wrong and need to send more documents if so, what kinds????? pls pls

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:10 pm

I believe you can buy houses in UK via solicitor even if you are banned from UK. This is called democracy and free market economy, hopefully, free, not so free sometimes, in my opinion. For better or worse, you can do a lot or things without citizenship, visa or even being physically present here.

In fact, some people who already are permanent residents choose to stop being such, For tax reasons for example. I don't think many of them would, given a choice, abandon their citizenship altogether, but when there is a choice, many find UK not the most attractive place to live and invest too much money to. I am not saying that I don't like UK, especially comparing to many other countries (no offence, world). God bless the Queen.

Seriously, I think you don't need much information, apart from that you can do anything which is not illegal, you still can't vote most of the times if you could not before and you still can't visit most of the countries you could not before apart from couple of small Caribbean islands who give visa-free travel for ILR holders. So, hmmm, I would say I am not a big fan of ILR itself, except of what is following it in one year's time. Not a big fan of anything actually but still British passport is little better than my current one (please treat last sentence as typical British understatement).

P.S. Or, by the way, can you start your own business in UK if you are a prisoner in a remote country and on a wanted list in UK? You can go and register Ltd company online in 5 minutes from anywhere, I don't think they will check your background. So if you give a bribe in this remote country prison and ask for wi-fi device and credit card, here you go, you are a proud British business owner.