ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blaatgirl
Newly Registered

Success!!

Post by blaatgirl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:25 am

Spousal Visa done in one day, plus a small SNAFU regarding husbands Right of Abode. But got the call today from the Los Angeles consulate and they are sending my visa via FedEx. Should get it tomorrow.
All I can say is read things very carefully.
Have your papers in order and easy to find. (Tabs worked well!)
Dress apropriately. (My mother in law reminded me how Brits are in regards to appearances!)
Be on time. Not too early, and never late. (I saw a couple come in too earlyl and were still sitting there when I left 20 minutes later)

Make sure you fill out the online application instead of printing it off and filing it in with pen. One woman was applying for her ILF to go back to her family and the form she had was the wrong format. Poor thing was in tears, but the ECO was kind enough to not charge her for any processing until they confirmed or denied she could.

I am just so happy that this is over and I will be able to join my husband and begin our new life together.

I want to thank everyone here too for their input in making our process shorter and so much easier.

Best to all!
Elle

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:57 am

Congratulations!!!

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:01 pm

Congrats, wish you all the best
What were the questions that were asked about your Spouse

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:30 pm

Elle, many congratulations! Have a long and happy life in the UK.
John

blaatgirl
Newly Registered

Post by blaatgirl » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:44 pm

jamalkhan wrote:Congrats, wish you all the best
What were the questions that were asked about your Spouse
They asked me when we met, when we met in person, what his job is and to see his work contract (suprisingly not his payslips), how long he has been in the UK (he is Australian with Right of Abode) and to see one of his bank statements along with mine and at least one wedding photo. (She commented how lovely we looked ... :) )
Simple, so much less painful than we thought and didnt need half of the stuff I brought.
Best to all!

blaatgirl
Newly Registered

Post by blaatgirl » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:45 pm

John wrote:Elle, many congratulations! Have a long and happy life in the UK.
Thank you very much... :D