ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaynab79
United Kingdom

baby born outside UK

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I am planning to have my second child but first i want to inquire that when i recieve ILR and choose to have baby delivered outside UK what are the imnplications on baby's status ?? how will the baby enter back in UK with me ? do i ahev to apply for baby ILR from country where he/she is born? or the baby becomes british as i hold ILR

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 pm

The child will not be British if born outside the UK. It would need to apply for settlement (Indefinite leave to Enter) before entering the UK. A residence period would then ensue before becoming eligible for citizenship.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Read through British Children Born Abroad article
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Read through British Children Born Abroad article
Not applicable, if neither of the child's parents are British and child is not British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.