ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano application since may 2012

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rikki
Newly Registered

Zambrano application since may 2012

Post by rikki » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Morning.
I have been reading post from this forum and i deceided to joint you guys.

I am a mother of 3 years old boy and I have been separated from his dad since he was 8 months and since that time we never have contact.
I submitted an application under zambranoo in May 2012 and since then I never received a COA.
My intention was to withdraw my zambrano application and re-apply under article 8 or FLR.
Please, could I have any advice from you guys depending of your experience.
Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Well if the father is not a British and not around, you can stick to the Zambrano application.

The FLR application is uncertain and does not give you an automatic right to work, where as, if you meet the Zambrano criteria, you will recevie a COA and than a Residence Card at a Reasonable cost of about £55, whereas the FLR(O) application seem to be in the high hunderds.

The FLO(O) confer PR or ILR after 10 years, whiles the Zambrano don't.

They all have their own benefits and drawbacks.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rikki
Newly Registered

Post by rikki » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks for your reply Obie.
The fact is that the dad of my son is British citizen and lives in UK.
I am just worried because I didn't received event the COA since i applied in May 2012. That is why i tought it may be better to try other options
Thanks you

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Ideally, you should receive COA (or any document) from the HO acknowledging their receipt of your application. Did you get any confirmation from HO ? If not you need to contact them to make sure they have your application and it was not lost on transit.
GOD IS ABLE