ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR application in PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoebyunus
Newly Registered

ravikumin

Post by shoebyunus » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi ravikumin,

I am in the same situation as yours, can you please reply to me as to what exactly you wrote to Home office and which address did you sent the letter.

I am planning to do the same and hopefully get some positive reply back from them.

Thanks a lot.

ravikumin
Newly Registered

Post by ravikumin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi,

I just wrote that I have attended the appointment in so and so date and I have not got any letter from home office. So please send me a letter saying that you hold the documents.

Nothing more than this. Clearly mention all your details. Since my case was already approved on the same day itself, they sent me the docs. I should have got on the same day but due to their mistake it delayed. So they called me and apologised and sent me the docs.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks,
Ravi.

manojverma25
Newly Registered

Re: Delay in ILR application in PEO

Post by manojverma25 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:12 pm

I am in the same boat .
Applied for ILR yesterday with my wife (8 Jan 2015 ) at Croydon PEO and after 2 hrs they said they can verify some details .
I asked him what problem you are facing so he said we cant tell you the exact issue but gave an example like they cant verify finger prints .

They kept all my docs and told me that we will call you in few days . Today is second day and no update and we are really woriied as we have to travel on 22nd Jan 2015.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 pm

manojverma25 wrote:I am in the same boat .
Applied for ILR yesterday with my wife (8 Jan 2015 ) at Croydon PEO and after 2 hrs they said they can verify some details .
I asked him what problem you are facing so he said we cant tell you the exact issue but gave an example like they cant verify finger prints .

They kept all my docs and told me that we will call you in few days . Today is second day and no update and we are really woriied as we have to travel on 22nd Jan 2015.

Unfortunately, apart from having to keep chasing them up, there is not much else than can be do. You could get your MP involved and see if that makes a difference.

Even though applying in person has its benefits, it does also have drawbacks. The home office do state if applying for PEO, its recommend the application is straight forward. They do have at their discretion, the option to carry out further checks if they feel this is needed and cannot be done on the day. As a result, it is rumoured that once this happens, the application then is treated as a postal application with no preferences in dealing with it as a sooner time.

So it gets dealt with along any other postal application having paid a premium price. I have read one person on this forum had the same case (PEO appointment, further checks required) and didn't get a approval till 3 months later and wanted to know if he could claim compensation for the delay.

Not what you want to hear, but unfortunately that is the case. The Home Office do advise not to make any travel plans until after a decision is made.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:00 pm

If they do say that they need to make extra checks, can I ask to withdraw my application completely?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:19 pm

asmiali wrote:If they do say that they need to make extra checks, can I ask to withdraw my application completely?
Yes, you can withdraw your application but you won't get your fee's refunded.

More info here:

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided