ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:25 am

Believe2013 wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Guys I have been granted. Came home to find a big parcel of my documents.
I don't know how to thank God. Employer was chasing me about visa... I was scared to lose my job.
Granted further leave 3 years till October 2016.
Thank you all for your help I got so Manu ideas here I didn't use a lawyer. Thank you thank you. May God rain all your visas ASAP.
Congrats sweetypie, at last they didn't forget to enclose the BRP card this time. very happy for you. You have been very supportive in your very short time on this Forum. Wish you all the best, may God bestow many more blessings upon your household.
Thanks Believe2013. Our God is indeed well able. I woke up crying this morning. I am just grateful. Last time I had to wait almost 3 years so this time three weeks was just a miracle. I believe that one by one all of youreading will get your visas. Thanks again for encouragement.
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:42 am

Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
Sweetypie wrote:Guys I have been granted. Came home to find a big parcel of my documents.
I don't know how to thank God. Employer was chasing me about visa... I was scared to lose my job.
Thank you all for your help I got so Manu ideas here I didn't use a lawyer. Thank you thank you. May God rain all your visas ASAP.
Wow! Congratulations dear!! Enjoy your freedom and please stay with us. Your tips for us are handy and priceless. :)
:D
Congratulations

Cheers Naba & Kukuwife ----- Just so happy :) relieved more like it. I will be here to encourage you and cheers for you all when your visas come through. Remember we will meet each other when we fo for the ILR.
To help someone, the bankers draft idea I received on this forum meant home office get the payment immediately. Its the fastest was to pay. so If you can avoid debit cards etc please use bankers draft at £15 its cheaper than postal orders.
I also included 18 months of payslips and put a spreadsheet cover with all the amounts. I also inc P60 over the three years with tax I paid. as well as graduation photos, photos with my mum, my sisters and friends,. I mentioned the names of my extended family who are british and how close we are and incuded everything like work leaving cards, birthdays cards, thank you cards, pictures a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding. Then I bought a clear plastic folder with clear leafs like the one below link and put everything systematically so they could read it like a book and it would be easy for the caseworker. cover letter was first, followed by application with pictures and ad hoc cards at the back. Just thought I would share the ideas. My bank statement did not have as much money, so I also included one from my sister. I then also spoke about my love for UK, the royal baby, olympics etc and said I have lots of british friends and mentioned their names and where they worked. Sorry for the essay but I thought maybe one person will catch something that might be of use.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw ... =107&ty=85
certificates from school in the UK, gcse, alevel, degree, masters certificates
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:15 am

Sweetypie wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
naba wrote:
Wow! Congratulations dear!! Enjoy your freedom and please stay with us. Your tips for us are handy and priceless. :)
:D
Congratulations

Cheers Naba & Kukuwife ----- Just so happy :) relieved more like it. I will be here to encourage you and cheers for you all when your visas come through. Remember we will meet each other when we fo for the ILR.
To help someone, the bankers draft idea I received on this forum meant home office get the payment immediately. Its the fastest was to pay. so If you can avoid debit cards etc please use bankers draft at £15 its cheaper than postal orders.
I also included 18 months of payslips and put a spreadsheet cover with all the amounts. I also inc P60 over the three years with tax I paid. as well as graduation photos, photos with my mum, my sisters and friends,. I mentioned the names of my extended family who are british and how close we are and incuded everything like work leaving cards, birthdays cards, thank you cards, pictures a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding. Then I bought a clear plastic folder with clear leafs like the one below link and put everything systematically so they could read it like a book and it would be easy for the caseworker. cover letter was first, followed by application with pictures and ad hoc cards at the back. Just thought I would share the ideas. My bank statement did not have as much money, so I also included one from my sister. I then also spoke about my love for UK, the royal baby, olympics etc and said I have lots of british friends and mentioned their names and where they worked. Sorry for the essay but I thought maybe one person will catch something that might be of use.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw ... =107&ty=85
certificates from school in the UK, gcse, alevel, degree, masters certificates
Thanks for the update. Staying on the forum and offering advice will be highly appreciated
Your expectation will manifest very soon

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:05 pm

@sweetypie, verbina and all others. thanks for your reply. My lawyer called me today and said that he had appealed on the decision in june itself(my rejection letter came in june and he didn't tell me that). How should I believe him now? I asked him to send all my docs recieved from UKBA and the appeal letter he sent. He said he will. Is there anyway that I can find whether he appealed or not. If appealed, appeal date as well. Is there any enquiry number that I can call the appeal status (if he appealed). or should I wait till I recieve the appeal letter from him (don't know if it is original appeal letter or a photoshop edition). Thank you very much for your help

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:08 pm

@sweetypie CONGRATULATIONS. ENJOY YOUR LIFE...

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:31 pm

madhu678 wrote:@sweetypie, verbina and all others. thanks for your reply. My lawyer called me today and said that he had appealed on the decision in june itself(my rejection letter came in june and he didn't tell me that). How should I believe him now? I asked him to send all my docs recieved from UKBA and the appeal letter he sent. He said he will. Is there anyway that I can find whether he appealed or not. If appealed, appeal date as well. Is there any enquiry number that I can call the appeal status (if he appealed). or should I wait till I recieve the appeal letter from him (don't know if is original appeal letter or a photoshop edition). Thank you very much for your help
Urrmm I should think you can phone on their regular 0870 enquiries number and ask them? Or ask your solicitor if there is a court date for appeal then you can phone up that court and find out if you are listed ......

On second thoughts.... How can your solicitor say that he already submitted an appeal (without you knowing like) if you havent paid him for doing that.... It doesnt sound right, sorry
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:38 pm

madhu678 wrote:@sweetypie, verbina and all others. thanks for your reply. My lawyer called me today and said that he had appealed on the decision in june itself(my rejection letter came in june and he didn't tell me that). How should I believe him now? I asked him to send all my docs recieved from UKBA and the appeal letter he sent. He said he will. Is there anyway that I can find whether he appealed or not. If appealed, appeal date as well. Is there any enquiry number that I can call the appeal status (if he appealed). or should I wait till I recieve the appeal letter from him (don't know if it is original appeal letter or a photoshop edition). Thank you very much for your help
Hi Madhu this is very disconcerting to hear but your solicitors should always send you copies of any correspondence with the HO and also provide proof of recorded delivery slips if anything was physically posted to the HO. The only other way to ascertain for sure they did file an appeal on your behalf is to request for your SAR (Subject of Access Request) file it takes 40 days to receive it - it unequivocally proves that they indeed apply for the appeal because this file contains every document/item the HO holds on you plus any correspondence you have had with them from your point of entry! My guess is your solicitors have not given you much supporting evidence to vindicate themselves so far. Good luck.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 pm

I thought solicitors dont do as much as a fart for free nowdays.... An appeal is probably around a grand or something in their bin isnt it?!
Also there are court fees that need to be paid, so not only have they done an appeal free of charge, but they also paid your court fees out of their own pocket......
Why dont you go to Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them?

jeniferkristen
Newly Registered

okbridaldress.com

Post by jeniferkristen » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Good post...

cheap prom dresses

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:27 pm

*waves*....Afternoon..

Hope all is well with errbady and that we still keep faith of soldiering on!

@Sweetipy...Congratulations and enjoy all the freedom in this world.We thank God for the visa!

@Believe...I'm fine by His grace and mercy.Trying to be optimistic that all goes well by His grace.I pray those whoppers who dealt with my applications,get to admit to the mistake and grant me a visa!I need to pray harder hey before I go mental on somebody at the HO.

Have a blessed week eerbady and stay optimistic...*wink*

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
madhu678 wrote:@sweetypie, verbina and all others. thanks for your reply. My lawyer called me today and said that he had appealed on the decision in june itself(my rejection letter came in june and he didn't tell me that). How should I believe him now? I asked him to send all my docs recieved from UKBA and the appeal letter he sent. He said he will. Is there anyway that I can find whether he appealed or not. If appealed, appeal date as well. Is there any enquiry number that I can call the appeal status (if he appealed). or should I wait till I recieve the appeal letter from him (don't know if it is original appeal letter or a photoshop edition). Thank you very much for your help
Hi Madhu this is very disconcerting to hear but your solicitors should always send you copies of any correspondence with the HO and also provide proof of recorded delivery slips if anything was physically posted to the HO. The only other way to ascertain for sure they did file an appeal on your behalf is to request for your SAR (Subject of Access Request) file it takes 40 days to receive it - it unequivocally proves that they indeed apply for the appeal because this file contains every document/item the HO holds on you plus any correspondence you have had with them from your point of entry! My guess is your solicitors have not given you much supporting evidence to vindicate themselves so far. Good luck.
Hi Madhu, just as Believe has said SAR is the best way to confirm the status of your application. It will cost you £10 but in the end, you will receive a transcript detailing the progress and all decision reached on your application.
It appears a lot of cowboys are taking undue advantage of the state that the government has created to dupe people. Many of these so called solicitors are not "solicitors". A solicitor is someone has has been trained in the profession of law.
But cowboys who perhaps have just been opportuned to be apprentices at a proper law firm at one time or the other have now opened shops and call themselves "solicitors" which is not true. I will suggest anyone who needs legal help to ask the solicitor for their SRA or OISC registeration and also confirm on the respective body register on the internet before they do any business with them. Atleast, you will know who to report he/her to if they fail in their care of duty.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Congratulations Sweetypie! You're blessed! Enjoy!!!

progeny5kay

Post by progeny5kay » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Congratulations Sweetypie!!!!! :D
God don't like ugly, God don't like no quitters believe me when I tell you things always get better, keep ya head up!!!!

alina143

My partner has been granted 2.5yrs

Post by alina143 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi all hope all are well just like to let u all know my partner has been granted 2.5yrs and it took only 4 weeks for them to decide our case it was a fresh application

verbina
Russia

Re: My partner has been granted 2.5yrs

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:02 pm

alina143 wrote:Hi all hope all are well just like to let u all know my partner has been granted 2.5yrs and it took only 4 weeks for them to decide our case it was a fresh application
Congratulations to both of you! Oh wow, 4 weeks-fresh application, that was some real supersonic speed!!!! Well done! :P

But babeeee, please be kind enough and share all the juicy details with us!!!! I know your partner was an overstayer, but how long for and how long have you guys been together and stuff....

I just think it will seriously lift some spirits here- The Big Success Story in only 4 weeks!! Ta in advance luv xx

lily123
Newly Registered

congrates

Post by lily123 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:26 pm

congratulation bebe enjoy your freedom,, :D :D

astro123

Post by astro123 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:43 pm

[quote="alina143"]Hi all hope all are well just like to let u all know my partner has been granted 2.5yrs and it took only 4 weeks for them to decide our case it was a fresh application[/quote]

congratulations to you and your partner . Enjoy your freedom and stay blessed

teebaby

hello

Post by teebaby » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Gud evening to every1 on dis forum and a pleasure chatting with u all , even if we havent met.just said I shud testify to the work God to every1.....called the HO on monday and was told by d lady I spoke with that my app is in process now that I shud hear from them by the end of the week.now called them back this morning and I was told by the guy I spoke with that my docs was sent on the 16th of oct and he gave me the tracking number and immediately i dropped the fone...saw delivered.now called my solicitor to confirm that and she said yes that they were abt calling me that I've been granted 3yrs .
applied last year sep 25.thk you all for ur advice ....and may the gud lord answer all our prayers.

verbina
Russia

Re: hello

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:52 pm

teebaby wrote:Gud evening to every1 on dis forum and a pleasure chatting with u all , even if we havent met.just said I shud testify to the work God to every1.....called the HO on monday and was told by d lady I spoke with that my app is in process now that I shud hear from them by the end of the week.now called them back this morning and I was told by the guy I spoke with that my docs was sent on the 16th of oct and he gave me the tracking number and immediately i dropped the fone...saw delivered.now called my solicitor to confirm that and she said yes that they were abt calling me that I've been granted 3yrs .
applied last year sep 25.thk you all for ur advice ....and may the gud lord answer all our prayers.
Heyyy finally!!!! You ve had a long wait!!! Congratulations and have a blessed life!!!
Could you please share your story, as it was unclear from your previous posts- what was your immigration status before this? Were you an overstayer? Take care hun!

Fayvritt

Re: hello

Post by Fayvritt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:53 pm

teebaby wrote:Gud evening to every1 on dis forum and a pleasure chatting with u all , even if we havent met.just said I shud testify to the work God to every1.....called the HO on monday and was told by d lady I spoke with that my app is in process now that I shud hear from them by the end of the week.now called them back this morning and I was told by the guy I spoke with that my docs was sent on the 16th of oct and he gave me the tracking number and immediately i dropped the fone...saw delivered.now called my solicitor to confirm that and she said yes that they were abt calling me that I've been granted 3yrs .
Congratulations Teebaby, wish u success in all your doings!

alina143

Post by alina143 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey verbina thanks we have been together 7years on and off family issues we have 5kids together my partner came to uk on a spousse visa as he was marrried to some1 else before we met he came to uk in 2001 and his visa expired in 2002 since them hes been here overstayer we met in 2005 december he got caught in january 2011 and was signing on in police station was issued removal notice on august 24.08.2013 app put in on 02.09.2013ack letter 10.09.2013 bio done 19.09.2013 futher document requested 10.10.2013 sent 15.10.2013 decision 17.10.2013
Sorry altogether 6weeks tops but very fast decision

alina143

Post by alina143 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

astro123 wrote:
alina143 wrote:Hi all hope all are well just like to let u all know my partner has been granted 2.5yrs and it took only 4 weeks for them to decide our case it was a fresh application

congratulations to you and your partner . Enjoy your freedom and stay blessed
Thank u 😊

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:22 pm

alina143 wrote:Hey verbina thanks we have been together 7years on and off family issues we have 5kids together my partner came to uk on a spousse visa as he was marrried to some1 else before we met he came to uk in 2001 and his visa expired in 2002 since them hes been here overstayer we met in 2005 december he got caught in january 2011 and was signing on in police station was issued removal notice on august 24.08.2013 app put in on 02.09.2013ack letter 10.09.2013 bio done 19.09.2013 futher document requested 10.10.2013 sent 15.10.2013 decision 17.10.2013
Oh babe! Thank you SO MUCH for a detailed explanation!! It really means a lot to so many of us here in similar positions!! all the best for you and your family!!!! xxx

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Thk u all....
Applied for (flro)RIght to private life last year sep with my 3kids 6,3 n 19months n my hubby also has his residence as a dependant of an EEA national but my solicitor said she wont be able to base the app on my husbands permit cos hes still a dependant on his cousin.so we decided to go for flro but still included in my app my husbands docs (payslip, bills, childbenefit letter n all).we now sent in the app with prayers n fasting .had bio done on the 4th of mar n recieved docs today.please feel free to ask any questions...still in shock.

alina143

Post by alina143 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:45 pm

verbina wrote:
alina143 wrote:Hey verbina thanks we have been together 7years on and off family issues we have 5kids together my partner came to uk on a spousse visa as he was marrried to some1 else before we met he came to uk in 2001 and his visa expired in 2002 since them hes been here overstayer we met in 2005 december he got caught in january 2011 and was signing on in police station was issued removal notice on august 24.08.2013 app put in on 02.09.2013ack letter 10.09.2013 bio done 19.09.2013 futher document requested 10.10.2013 sent 15.10.2013 decision 17.10.2013
Oh babe! Thank you SO MUCH for a detailed explanation!! It really means a lot to so many of us here in similar positions!! all the best for you and your family!!!! xxx
No problem xxx i would say if u are married or partners to prove u have a realation ship for 2 years i had to send futher documents for full 2 years bills on his name my name joint name even though we werent living together i still had some bills on his name thank god and he was always meeting the kids leaving em to school now we can be a proper family