ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with EU spouse and non-eu national frm EU to IrL

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confusedinpakistan

Travelling with EU spouse and non-eu national frm EU to IrL

Post by confusedinpakistan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Is is possible without a residence card for a family to travel from the Netherlands to Ireland without a visa?

If the non-eu national who is the spouse of an eu national is granted a schegen visa is it possible to travel to Ireland without a valid visa for Ireland?

We would also probably not have a resident card at this point yet.

The reason I ask is because we are planning on using the Surrinder Singh route to eventually get to the UK, and rather than spending 6 months in a European country where the language would be a hinderance we would prefer to be in Ireland.

OUr best bet would have probably been to apply for the visa from our home country but the honary consulate sends applications to Dublin and those can take upto 2 months to process, something that we are not really interested in.

EU National: British
Non-EU National: Pakistani

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 pm

It is always possible to enter an EU country under article 5.4 of directive 2004/38/ec; but you would need to get to a border first.

Short answer in your case is to get a visa.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.