ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expires on 25 oct - am i better off with PEO booking?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssj5legend
Newly Registered

Visa expires on 25 oct - am i better off with PEO booking?

Post by ssj5legend » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi, i have been going through a lot of hassle and have not had the time to apply through post, i am worried that my application gets refused. I am thinking that it might be better to book an appointment and do this in person. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

laudo9
Newly Registered

Re: Visa expires on 25 oct - am i better off with PEO bookin

Post by laudo9 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:08 pm

ssj5legend wrote:Hi, i have been going through a lot of hassle and have not had the time to apply through post, i am worried that my application gets refused. I am thinking that it might be better to book an appointment and do this in person. What do you think? Thanks in advance.
I think you will be very lucky to get an appointment on or before the 25th October.

laudo9
Newly Registered

Post by laudo9 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Saying that, a few appointments have just appeared for Glasgow and Belfast for Tuesday next week. Be quick!

ssj5legend
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ssj5legend » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:15 pm

So am i too late to apply by post then? If so then i will quickly book appointment in Glasgow as soon as possible but if not then am i going to risk it by sending in the documents?

Please advise me on this.

Also, because i do internet banking i am waiting for some bank statements to come through the post, and if i don't get these before applying can i send them separately?

But if i need to extend my stay if i am too late to do anything then how can this be done?

Thanks again, i really appreciate the help.

PS i have completed everything on the form and i have all the details and documents to post it now apart from some bank statements as mentioned above. I was planning to go to post office tomorrow morning to submit everything.

loveworld

Post by loveworld » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:26 pm

From my point of view its better to do appointment in person.
=========================

My Advise is only personal view it cannot be taken as substitute of solicitor or any professional .

laudo9
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks

Post by laudo9 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:54 pm

ssj5legend wrote:So am i too late to apply by post then? If so then i will quickly book appointment in Glasgow as soon as possible but if not then am i going to risk it by sending in the documents?

Please advise me on this.

Also, because i do internet banking i am waiting for some bank statements to come through the post, and if i don't get these before applying can i send them separately?

But if i need to extend my stay if i am too late to do anything then how can this be done?

Thanks again, i really appreciate the help.

PS i have completed everything on the form and i have all the details and documents to post it now apart from some bank statements as mentioned above. I was planning to go to post office tomorrow morning to submit everything.
As far as I understand, you need to attend a PEO appointment 28 days before the end of you current leave. If you are unable to make an appointment in this time, you will have to send you application through the post.

You will need original documents for bank statements etc no matter which way you apply. Photocopies or internet printouts are not acceptable.

A few appointments have opened up for next week at PEO centres across the country. I just managed to reschedule mine to an earlier appointment. Very relived as the appointment I had originally was on the last day of my current FLR(M) leave.

ssj5legend
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ssj5legend » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks again, i really appreciate the quick responses i am getting.
So just to confirm then, considering my entry clearance expires on 25/10/13, i have 2 options.
I can send the application through post by special delivery so that it is received hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.
Or the second option,
i can book the appointment at PEO for Tuesday hopefully for the premium service.
But the PEO at this stage is the best option?
Would the PEO deduct the money straight away when i book it online or is it OK to pay this at the office when i get there?

I hope it does not come to this but if i miss the date, then do i have any leeway?

laudo9
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks

Post by laudo9 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 pm

ssj5legend wrote:Thanks again, i really appreciate the quick responses i am getting.
So just to confirm then, considering my entry clearance expires on 25/10/13, i have 2 options.
I can send the application through post by special delivery so that it is received hopefully by Monday or Tuesday.
Or the second option,
i can book the appointment at PEO for Tuesday hopefully for the premium service.
But the PEO at this stage is the best option?
Would the PEO deduct the money straight away when i book it online or is it OK to pay this at the office when i get there?

I hope it does not come to this but if i miss the date, then do i have any leeway?
As long as you have all the required documentation then PEO is the quickest option as the majority of applications are decided on the same day.

If you book an appointment for PEO, you have to pay in full up front at the time of making your application online. As far as I understand you will be considered an overstayer if you do not get an appointment before your current leave expires which you must avoid at all costs.

If applying by post, the date you post your application (date shown on Royal Mail Receipt) is the official date of application. I think decision times are around the 6 month mark and you can be without your travel documents for all of this time.

If you do not have all the documents required at this time for an ILR application, I believe you can extend your current leave using a different application form also by post or at a PEO.

The information I am providing is only through my own research on these forums and the UKBA website. Please double check with a professional of you need any official clarification on anything.

ssj5legend
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ssj5legend » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Thank you all so much, you have been invaluable to me. I greatly appreciate all of the advice. I will come back if i need more help. Thanks. Take care now.