ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family / Visitor visa for lone parent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webbym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family / Visitor visa for lone parent

Post by webbym » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Dear gurus,

Would like to apply for visa for my father (widowed) who is 66 and is still employed by a small firm.

He holds valid US visitor visa but has never visited (hence visa not used). His other child is my sister who is settled in the US.

What are the chances of him securing UK visitor/family visitor visa if I was to sponsor (I am British citizen, own our place and can show funds and pay for all expenses). Our main concern is around showing ties in India (except home ownership and job), also he would be taking an extended leave (2-3 months).

thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 am

he should be fine.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

webbym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by webbym » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 pm

It turns out that father's employer is refusing to provide reference letter, leave letter or payslips so we are unable to prove employment and he lives alone independently using income from this job.

Now our concern is how can we show ties so that he'll return after the visit ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:34 am

webbym wrote:It turns out that father's employer is refusing to provide reference letter, leave letter or payslips
Why? It's common practice to for employers to provide such documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:35 am

In the UK it's actually illegal not to provide wage slips/written wage statement, I'm not sure about the US though?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

webbym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by webbym » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm not sure but seems like the employer doesn't want to be involved in this visa process.

We're trying to advice to get reference letter as a generic statement rather than anything specific for visa purpose.

But are there any alternatives, just incase this doesn't work out ?