ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused LIUK test because of EEA card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zheni

Refused LIUK test because of EEA card

Post by zheni » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Today I was refused to sit the LIUK test at the Iranian Association (Hammersmith, London). I am an A2 national and it came down to how my names are labelled on my ID card.

I have 3 names - a first name, surname and what is labelled on my ID card as father's name. When I booked the test I entered all 3 names, entering father's name as a middle name, thinking that I have to enter my name exactly as on the document.

Staff at the centre said that recently they were given warning/new instructions by the UKBA not to accept candidates where they have entered father's name as middle name although in the past it was accepted. I couldn't understand the reasoning because that was my full name and clearly the instructions told me to enter my full name.

They also said that I either have to remove father's name when booking if I am to apply with ID card or apply with passport or driving licence (which do not list father's name separately). This confused me even more as they would accept a booking under all 3 names with passport but then would refuse another booking again under all 3 names with ID card?!?!

I asked to see those instructions as I wanted to see the exact reason but was referred to the on line instructions and was given a generic sheet of paper saying that the name on the ID did not match the name entered when booking the test which is incorrect.

Has anyone heard of any similar stories?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:19 am

No one in Uk is concerned about fathers name or mothers name within a persons name.

All that matters is, the name shown on a document must match the name used for booking.

Name format could be:

Firstname Surname

Firstname Middlename Surname

Firstname Middlename Middlename Surname

On many official documents, Surname is mentioned before first name and middle name.

zheni

Post by zheni » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Well it seems that they are now concerned because that is the reason I was turned away. The format of my name on my ID card is:

First name Father's name Surname

Format on my passport is:

Names (lists First & Father's name) Surname.

It simply was as to how it is labelled on my ID card and it would not be a problem if I select my passport as my photo ID as on the passport it is not labelled as father's name. The reason why I've put it under middle name is because the instructions say so and because I didn't know how to treat that bit of my full name and I thought that if I don't include it then it could be a problem. It simply is because of what it's called on the document, they are disregarding the fact that it is my full name.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
All that matters is, the name shown on a document must match the name used for booking.

zheni

Post by zheni » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
Ayyubi72 wrote:
Yes, I am well aware of that. For that some reason I entered my full name as on the ID card but as I in my original post recently the centre was instructed to reject Eastern European applicants if they had entered full name (hence entering what is labelled on the card ''father's'' name as middle name).
They basically rejected and told me to omit that part of my name next time if I were to use the ID card which is completely unreasonable as then I am not giving my full name as on the ID document.