ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents for Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasnna

Supporting Documents for Naturalisation application

Post by prasnna » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Folks,

I'll be submitting my application for BC with my wife, and I am taking following documents. Please let us know if they are sufficient:

1. AN form with payment slip
2. Our passports (with ILR stamp)
3. Photographs
4. Life in UK certificates
5. Driving licence with counter part (for me)
6. My P60s + salary slips (6 months)
7. Bank statements (with our joint names - 6 months)
8. Address proof - latest council tax statement and Water bill (Both on my name)

Query - Does it require any address proof for my wife name also?

Do we need to carry any more documents?

Thanks
Prasnna

VR

docs

Post by VR » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Prasnna,

1. ok
2. if you need to travel you can get your originals back from NCS if you use them or even if you apply through solicitors.

3. Photos fine.
4. Life in UK original a must.
5. Not sure why you are submitting it. if you used this as the identity doc for Life in UK then yes.
6.P60's of past 5 years is fine. Payslips is Overkill.
7.Not required unless you want someone to steal your identity.
8. Not required.
9. If you want you can carry your, birth certificate, marriage certificate, school leaving certificate, first letter sent to your wife....... LOL the list is endless. Jokes apart the documents you need are mentioned on page 15 of the Form AN.

do give it a reading. Also its pretty exciting when you reach the final leg of your migration journey and you get butterflies inside. its natural. but please do take extra care with your documents. Do not provide anything not required. The idiots might end up making it a precedent for others.Good Luck.
cheers
vr

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks Vr, you are spot-on about butterflies!

So I take it that I don't need any address proof docs for my wife.

One query, Is there any time restriction on person signing as countersignatory to have become BC like 3 yrs or 5 yrs. I know about "have known the person applying for at least 2 years".

Many Thanks
Prasnna

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm

the documents below should be sufficient:

1. Form AN + payment slip
2. Photos
3. LIUK Original Certificate
4.Passports and BRPs etc

unless you are self employed you don't need P60, bank statements etc anyway if I am correct.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks innocentdevil,

Is BRP = British Residencel Permit, in that case we have ILR stamp on our passports.

Regards,
Prasnna

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:40 pm

yes thats what it is. If you have ILR on your passports then thats fine.

Keep it simple no need to submit the documents that are asked for.

Documents about salary etc are only need if one is self employed or applying under EEA treaty etc so wouldn't include those.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Cheers innocentdevil,

I just got couple of queries:

a) In section 3, as I am working for a company I'll be providing info for 3.1 to 3.4 data fields. Do I need to provide info on 3.5 - address of tax office or tax office reference?

b) Also I got a query for 1.1 - Is it applicable to me, as I got my ILR based on Workpermit and I am providing Passport number in 1.2. If yes where will be this numbers?

c) Do I need to put a cross in 6.6 as it says in the form with an * Delete if not applicable.

Many Thanks,
Prasnna

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:27 pm

innocentdevil wrote:the documents below should be sufficient:

1. Form AN + payment slip
2. Photos
3. LIUK Original Certificate
4.Passports and BRPs etc

unless you are self employed you don't need P60, bank statements etc anyway if I am correct.
Thanks a lot for all your help. I've submitted my application and 4 documents above (as I am an employee) were all that were required.

Just to share one info with other members: Section 1.1 Reference number is to be filled only if you are in talks with Home office/Border Agency about you BC application and have exchanged any letters etc, then you need to put that ref number here.

I left 1.1 as blank in my form.

Thanks a lot.
Prasnna

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:15 pm

awesome. let us know the outcome. I will be eligible on 8th October for BC but I will apply once i come back from holidays in november

prasnna

BC ceremony Invite

Post by prasnna » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:33 pm

All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice, we received our invitation letter this week.

The whole process took 5 weeks.

In the letter they have asked us to go through the guideance notes for attending the ceremony, is it the same document which we have read about filling the BC form, if it is not could you please send us the link to that document.

Thanks a lot again for all your help.

Prasnna

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Do you need to provide info on 3.5 - address of tax office or tax office reference?

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:12 am

milan69 wrote:Do you need to provide info on 3.5 - address of tax office or tax office reference?
Yes I did provide (as I work as an employee). You can get this info from your HR/ finance dept. I just filled my tax reference number and took the address with me for NCS, but they didn't ask to fill the address.

Hope it helps.

P

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks for advice. I guess it helps quite a lot to use services of NCS.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:51 pm

milan69 wrote:Thanks for advice. I guess it helps quite a lot to use services of NCS.
It just gives you peace of mind to be honest. They just quickly scan through the form and the supporting documents.

If you have any queries - please note down in a piece of paper and take it with you; as you tend to forget your queries once you are in the room.

Once you have done that you are sure that at least the supporting papers and form is fine at the time of submitting them.

P