ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 1 General switched to Dependent of Student visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NARMAK
Newly Registered

Can Tier 1 General switched to Dependent of Student visa

Post by NARMAK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:33 am

One of my colleagues Tier 1 General visa holder and has wife as his dependent. He is living in UK 9 years and end of this year his Tier 1 extension due but unfortunately he can’t meet the required income threshold to get extension. For This reasons he plan to apply Student visa for his wife and intends to become her dependent. The idea is, in this way as he spent 1 year more and then apply ILR under 10 years rules.
Please advise me can he do this? Is there is any implications to do this? Does he need to leave the country to apply from home country?

NARMAK
Newly Registered

Re: Can Tier 1 General switched to Dependent of Student visa

Post by NARMAK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:34 am

NARMAK wrote:One of my colleagues Tier 1 General visa holder and has wife as his dependent. He is living in UK 9 years and end of this year his Tier 1 extension due but unfortunately he can’t meet the required income threshold to get extension. For This reasons he plan to apply Student visa for his wife and intends to become her dependent. The idea is, in this way as he spent 1 year more and then apply ILR under 10 years rules.
Please advise me can he do this? Is there is any implications to do this? Does he need to leave the country to apply from home country?
PLEASE HELP IF SOMEONE HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT IT