ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desertman

EC from Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Post by desertman » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:39 am

dear all

i asked from the British Embassy riyadh for EC, they said, there s no need of medical nd also no need to attach all documents tht u sent for HSMP approval. Only submit ur HSMP approval letter, Degree and 3 months bank statement + salary slips nothing else.

he also said it will take only 3 to 4 days.

is there ny one who applied for EC from riyadh?

Will they go for futher verification or not?

thanks

saudHSMP
Newly Registered

Post by saudHSMP » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:24 am

When are you planning for EC at Riyadh?

desertman

Post by desertman » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:55 am

inshallah in the first week of next month.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:55 pm

sohana
Newly Registered

EC from Jeddah

Post by sohana » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:49 pm

Dear All,

I got the HSMP approval last week.

Planning to apply for EC from Jeddah.

I was surprised to know that I need FINAL exit to apply for EC.

Regards,

fshaker
Newly Registered

EC from Jeddah?? - Strange requirement

Post by fshaker » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Hello All,

I was trying to apply for EC from Jeddah also but was surprised with this final exit stamp requirement...

With HSMP it is given that we will probably go to UK with no job secured yet there & we start our search... Although we initally pledge to make UK our home country, the HSMP revolves about being ecnomically viable to support yourself/family and contribute to the UK economy and pay tax; we are re-evaluated to confirm economic viability (with the FLR) so if we have no job/income then FLR extension is rejected & we would then have to leave UK... Naturally, some of us may choose to leave earlier long before re-evaluation (FLR) if things arent going too well with the job hunt... so what's wrong with having a contingency plan to return to our original jobs / residency status in Saudi or where-ever (for that sake) if things dont go well...????

This is a totally unjust requirement from the consulate here in Jeddah.

Does anyone have a different experience with Riyadh embassy?

Did anyone in Saudi manage to get an EC without this final exit stamp??

Many thanks & good luck to all

sohana
Newly Registered

EC from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - Strange requirement

Post by sohana » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:26 pm

Why dont we write officially to UK Home Office, requesting them to withdraw this odd requirement. Aparently the Jeddah office does not give a damn!

fshaker
Newly Registered

Post by fshaker » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:57 am

Good morning to All :)

I agree we should challenge this requirement... I've already emailed the Consul here and waiting to hear back from him... I'll let you know the feedback... I suggest all those concerned write to them as well to put more pressure on them to act... They probably won't bother to change it unless they feel its a real concern for people here...

I m not sure there are too many foreigners here in Jeddah with HSMP with the same concern...Does anyone have an idea...

Anyway, their email address as per the website is:

visa.jeddah@fco.gov.uk or
VisaJedda@fco.gov.uk

Maybe if there is no response we can take it up to the next step with the Home Office in UK... but that may be a long process and most of us are probably short on time due to validity period of the HSMP approval letter...

What do you think guys..

Also, can anyone please confirm an actual experience from Riyadh Embassy, it may be another alternative for us here or we can use it to benchmark when we talk to the Consulate in Jeddah

Best wishes