ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-Medical reason outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

himpa

ILR-Medical reason outside UK

Post by himpa » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi,
I was outside UK due to medical reason-Compassionate, and as per rule I need to provide medical certificate for any medical reason absences-Compassionate from UK to apply for ILR, my question is-

1) I need to ask my doctor to write the medical certificate but will that be today Oct 2013 dated and he mention old sickness OR

2) Doctor need to write medical certificate previous 2008 dated i,e. refering to 2008 when due to medical reason I was outside UK.

thanks in anticipation.

hims

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Why do you need to show compassionate grounds, under what category are you applying for ILR and if PBS, do any of your absences exceed 180 days for a 12 month period?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

himpa

Post by himpa » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 pm

I am applying under WP, tier 2, now ICT. Its not over 180 days in 12 consecutive month criteria....I am planning to apply in Nov 2013 and I am here in UK since 2005 Nov, except between July'2008 and Feb'2009 so this absence is split between two consecutive years.

D4109125 wrote:Why do you need to show compassionate grounds, under what category are you applying for ILR and if PBS, do any of your absences exceed 180 days for a 12 month period?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:55 pm

as long as the absences can be split and are not over 180 days in any 12 month period it should be fine, get a letter from your doctor anyway, it can be dated anytime as long as it mentions the period of illness
Manka

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:46 am

himpa wrote:Hi,
Now a days while booking appointment it ask to pay full amount, I am not clear-

1) will it take money from my bank account £2000+ or will just block

2) If I change appointment date and location then how it will impact.

thanks
hims
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am

You pay the full fees, if you change the appointment in time I think it allows just a straight swap, however, if not in time I think it refunds the fees and you must re-book but that would mean having excess funds available until the fees are refunded (7-10 business days). However, it would be most wise to call the UKBA and confirm.

adnan742
Newly Registered

Post by adnan742 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:17 pm

I paid the full fees when making first appointment later on I changed the appointment straight way and didn't ask to pay the fees again if you are rescheduling it well before time.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:35 am

himpa wrote:Hi,
In Set (O) form it states that any leave be it annual leave need to have employer letter for Tier 2 applicants, Is there any other option other than employer letter to support my leave, as it is very difficult that they will provide these letters.
My leave in any 12 month period is less than 180 days.

Thanks
hims
dvkrn wrote:I was granted a work permit in Sep 2008, I worked for this company until July 2013, During this period I have been out of this country for a total of 82 days. I am struggling for documentation on this, the best I could show is my stamps on my passport and my flight tickets for these periods. Finding employment records is difficult (lets say its not available).

In july 2013, I moved to a new employer on a Tier2 visa, I have no leave of absence from UK since them.

What are my alternatives ?

I am looking to apply for ILR soon.

The expectation is
245 SD - B. A letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave. Where the absence was due to a serious or compelling reason, a personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all original supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 am

If your absences are <180 days for each 12 month period, then no evidence should be required.

dvkrn
Newly Registered

Thank You

Post by dvkrn » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks for the clarification, that is great !

himpa

Re: Thank You

Post by himpa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:13 pm

In the form it ask for Reason for absence, should we leave it black or mention annual leave, if period of leave was around 5 months then mention that I was working in India for project work.
dvkrn wrote:Thanks for the clarification, that is great !

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 am

You would just state the absence and reason.

himpa

Post by himpa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 am

in the form section 6 it ask for what supporting evidence you are providing ,reading set (O) section 6 form my interpretation is for any leave may be 1 day even they are asking for supporting evidence, but as per the Guru's supporting evidence is needed only if leave is >180 in 12 month qualifying period. If no evidence needed in case leave is <180 then should we leave this section.

section I am referring to is

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
D4109125 wrote:You would just state the absence and reason.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Although the form requests this, I have not come across a case where evidence was required when the absences were <180 per 12 month period and they met all the other requirements.

himpa

Post by himpa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:59 pm

but what should we tick in section 6.3 then or no need to fill?

D4109125 wrote:Although the form requests this, I have not come across a case where evidence was required when the absences were <180 per 12 month period and they met all the other requirements.

vlad04
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by vlad04 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Amber wrote:Although the form requests this, I have not come across a case where evidence was required when the absences were <180 per 12 month period and they met all the other requirements.
Hi Amber, is this still the case based on recent experiences?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR-Medical reason outside UK

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes, as far as I know.

varghesejim
India

Re: Re:

Post by varghesejim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:47 pm

vlad04 wrote:
Amber wrote:Although the form requests this, I have not come across a case where evidence was required when the absences were <180 per 12 month period and they met all the other requirements.
Hi Amber, is this still the case based on recent experiences?
My application was done end of June and all was fine without providing proof for trips to home country.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks varghesejim :-) Did you tick anything in 6.3 or we can just leave unticked?

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 am

aravindb4u wrote:Thanks varghesejim :-) Did you tick anything in 6.3 or we can just leave unticked?
I have left 6.3 unticked.