ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR following Spouses Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GTLamb
Newly Registered

ILR following Spouses Visa

Post by GTLamb » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi There,

I was granted 2 years Leave to remain as a spouse frollwing an application on the 6th March 2012 till 6th March 2014.

I have a few question with regards to the future process of ILR application via what is called the family members route SET (M)

1) I have to travel for a wedding out of UK for a couple of weeks and will be back a couple of weeks before 6th March 2014. I have phoned UKBA a few times an the assisstance they give is that since its within a valid period it should be okay. I will be getting a day appoinment before I leave on holiday and will carry the appointment letter with me on my travle just uin case I cget questioned at immigration coming back. Do you think this should be okay?

2) What are the rules that apply to the application if the ILR application will be made in Feb end 2014, part 8 or appendix FM?
I think I fall in the transitional category is that correct?

3) what are the financial requirements? Is the new financial threshold applicable?
If yes what documents are needed to prove the compliance? Salary slips - how many months, P-60?, Bank statements how many months, employment letter details?
if not what documents are needed to show enough maintenance monies? Salary slips - how many months, P-60?, Bank statements how many months, employment letter details?

4) What documents are valid to show home ownership?

5) Bank statements - how many months and what is the acceptable last date of the statement meaning if an appointment is made how old can the latest statement be - 4 weeks from the appointment date? I will be trying for getting the statements from the bank to allow 2 weeks between issue and appointment date as it takes time for postal service too- is this okay?

6) Proof of English speaking- degree cerificate and UK NARIC letter enough?

7)My husband and I live in a flat with no sharing- do we HAVE to prove that its not over crowded? IF yes, how?

Some of this questions may seem very simple but the more I read the more confused I am getting due to the transitional rules and such as...

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards. [/b]

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR following Spouses Visa

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:40 pm

GTLamb wrote:Hi There,

I was granted 2 years Leave to remain as a spouse frollwing an application on the 6th March 2012 till 6th March 2014.

I have a few question with regards to the future process of ILR application via what is called the family members route SET (M)

1) I have to travel for a wedding out of UK for a couple of weeks and will be back a couple of weeks before 6th March 2014. I have phoned UKBA a few times an the assisstance they give is that since its within a valid period it should be okay. I will be getting a day appoinment before I leave on holiday and will carry the appointment letter with me on my travle just uin case I cget questioned at immigration coming back. Do you think this should be okay?

You should be fine.

2) What are the rules that apply to the application if the ILR application will be made in Feb end 2014, part 8 or appendix FM?
I think I fall in the transitional category is that correct?

Yes, but not for the English requirement.

3) what are the financial requirements? Is the new financial threshold applicable?

NO

If yes what documents are needed to prove the compliance? Salary slips - how many months, P-60?, Bank statements how many months, employment letter details?
if not what documents are needed to show enough maintenance monies? Salary slips - how many months, P-60?, Bank statements how many months, employment letter details?

3 Months

4) What documents are valid to show home ownership?

Mortgage/Tenancy Agreement

5) Bank statements - how many months and what is the acceptable last date of the statement meaning if an appointment is made how old can the latest statement be - 4 weeks from the appointment date? I will be trying for getting the statements from the bank to allow 2 weeks between issue and appointment date as it takes time for postal service too- is this okay?

Two weeks should be fine

6) Proof of English speaking- degree cerificate and UK NARIC letter enough?

This should suffice.

7)My husband and I live in a flat with no sharing- do we HAVE to prove that its not over crowded? IF yes, how?

A letter from your land lord (If rented)

Some of this questions may seem very simple but the more I read the more confused I am getting due to the transitional rules and such as...

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards. [/b]
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

GTLamb
Newly Registered

Post by GTLamb » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Many Thanks for the reply but I have further queries on the below replies

1) for financial requirements - 3 months salary slips, bank statements are enough? with last years P60 and employment letter?

2) Do I need to show a specific minimum amount in my bank statement? Ie. I hear some types of visas have to show £900 for 3 months at all times in their bank?
If Yes, me and my husband have 3 account altogether- does it have to be £900 per account?

3) Is there a specific letter you get to prove occupancy? We don't have a landlord- does it have to be the freeholder of the property then? We have bought a flat (leasehold) and need to be very specific to the freeholder as to what letter I want from them? Can we get a letter from the estate Agent we got the flat from? How does it work?

Many Thanks again

G

GTLamb
Newly Registered

Post by GTLamb » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 pm

[quote="GTLamb"]Many Thanks for the reply but I have further queries on the below replies

1) for financial requirements - 3 months salary slips, bank statements are enough? with last years P60 and employment letter?

2) Do I need to show a specific minimum amount in my bank statement? Ie. I hear some types of visas have to show £900 for 3 months at all times in their bank?
If Yes, me and my husband have 3 account altogether- does it have to be £900 per account?

3) Is there a specific letter you get to prove occupancy? We don't have a landlord- does it have to be the freeholder of the property then? We have bought a flat (leasehold) and need to be very specific to the freeholder as to what letter I want from them? Can we get a letter from the estate Agent we got the flat from? How does it work?

Many Thanks again

G[/quote]

PLEASE HELP!!!