ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Change of Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pasha2013
Newly Registered

Tier2 Change of Employer

Post by pasha2013 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello,
I live in the UK and I hold Tier2 general visa which is valid until 2016.
I have applied for a new job and my new employer got a new COS for me with 1/Jan/2014 as start date.

1- Should my current employer cancel/withdraw my COS and then I can apply for visa based on new COS ?

2- If my current employer cancels my COS and mentions "end of date" a date like 01/Dec/2013, can I still stay in the UK as I do not have sponsor till 1/Jan/2014 (a month without sponsor)?

I would appreciate if you help me in this regard.

Thanks
Pasha

sarimapa
Newly Registered

Post by sarimapa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Since your new employer has issued you a new CoS, you can make a new Tier 2 Visa application.

Once you get a visa for your new employer, you should resign with your current employer.

I am also in Tier 2 and I have started searching for jobs. Could you please tell me if your new employer has done the Resident Labour Market Test?

If yes, would you be able to say what documents and proofs did they have to submit to UKBA to pass the Resident Labour Market Test.

Any help is apprecitaed. Thank you.

Metalheadkicks
Newly Registered

Post by Metalheadkicks » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:29 pm

sarimapa wrote:Since your new employer has issued you a new CoS, you can make a new Tier 2 Visa application.

Once you get a visa for your new employer, you should resign with your current employer.

I am also in Tier 2 and I have started searching for jobs. Could you please tell me if your new employer has done the Resident Labour Market Test?

If yes, would you be able to say what documents and proofs did they have to submit to UKBA to pass the Resident Labour Market Test.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Hi Guys

I am interested to find this out myself. I recently got a job and the new employer is prepared to apply for sponsorship but haven't got a clue how to proceed. Would appreciate the information

Also reading through the forums I still haven't been able to work out when to hand in the notice period with existing employer? Everyone recommends to do it after you have received the new visa/BRP. But will I be able to serve the notice period/work with existing employer after getting new visa/BRP? How can I work for old employer for a month with new sponsored visa?!

sarimapa
Newly Registered

Post by sarimapa » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:03 pm

To Metalheadkicks:

If you are currently in Tier 2, Did your new employer complete the Resident Labour Market Test?

niv.niv.n

Post by niv.niv.n » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Does any one has answers to pasha2013's question ? pasha2013 did you manage to get an answer for this ??

UKWorker
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 Change of Employer

Post by UKWorker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:01 am

pasha2013 wrote:Hello,
I live in the UK and I hold Tier2 general visa which is valid until 2016.
I have applied for a new job and my new employer got a new COS for me with 1/Jan/2014 as start date.

1- Should my current employer cancel/withdraw my COS and then I can apply for visa based on new COS ?

2- If my current employer cancels my COS and mentions "end of date" a date like 01/Dec/2013, can I still stay in the UK as I do not have sponsor till 1/Jan/2014 (a month without sponsor)?

I would appreciate if you help me in this regard.

Thanks
Pasha
Under Tier 2 you will get 2 months allowed in between employers I think..

Metalheadkicks
Newly Registered

Post by Metalheadkicks » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:27 pm

sarimapa wrote:To Metalheadkicks:

If you are currently in Tier 2, Did your new employer complete the Resident Labour Market Test?
Its still under process and as soon as the 28 days advertisement is completed they will issues me a sponsorship.

How do I serve my notice period after getting the new visa?!