ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi moderators. Can anyone help me with this post atleast

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anuvinay
Newly Registered

Hi moderators. Can anyone help me with this post atleast

Post by anuvinay » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 am

Hi
I have been in uk for 4 continuous years starting from oct 2009 tier2 ict. My entry clearance was granted on aug 2009 and i entered uk on oct 2009. From then all extensions have been done from uk. I understand that since i was granted entry clearance in aug 2009 i don't have any restrictions in switching to general or ilr after one more year.

Currently i had to return to my home country due to some company policy change. My visa is valid till 14 jan 2014. I now have job offer in uk whom are ready to sponsor me.

My question is
1. Can i travel to uk in tier 2 ict without my current companys knowledge and apply for a switch to tier2 general in country? Then come back and resign my current job.
I have made sure my visa and cos are not cancelled since there might be chance that i have o go back to uk for same assignment in dec- jan.

Kindly any moderators please help. Hoping to get an answer soon.

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 am

your company doesn't track your existence in UK, a sponsor visa is way if saying I'm skilled worker, working at company X, apart from that you are free to do whatever you want in the country, outside the country as long as you have a valid visa,