ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for Child born in UK but applying outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Dependent Visa for Child born in UK but applying outside UK

Post by safeery2k » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 am

Hi,

I'm on Tier 1 general and due to ILR in March 2014. My son born here in UK back in May and now we need to travel urgently. He has a Pakistani passport and we are thinking to apply for dependent visa from Pakistan as here it takes more than 2 months and we need to travel next week.

Can anyone please help me on these questions?

1. Is that OK to apply dependent visa from Pakistan to the child who was born in UK, is it allowed?

2. When I get ILR in March 2014, my Son will automatically will get British Passport, I don't have to apply for "further leave to remain" for him?

Thanks for your help.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent Visa for Child born in UK but applying outside

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am

safeery2k wrote:Hi,

I'm on Tier 1 general and due to ILR in March 2014. My son born here in UK back in May and now we need to travel urgently. He has a Pakistani passport and we are thinking to apply for dependent visa from Pakistan as here it takes more than 2 months and we need to travel next week.

Can anyone please help me on these questions?

1. Is that OK to apply dependent visa from Pakistan to the child who was born in UK, is it allowed?

Yes

2. When I get ILR in March 2014, my Son will automatically will get British Passport, I don't have to apply for "further leave to remain" for him?

No, He should be registered as BC using MN1 Form

Thanks for your help.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by safeery2k » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks for your reply. So regarding the 2nd question, I don't have to apply for my son's extension as a dependent, he will be a British Citizen?

I'm reading this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Could you please post any link from UKBA site if you have regarding my quetsions?

Thanks again.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:35 am

safeery2k wrote:Thanks for your reply. So regarding the 2nd question, I don't have to apply for my son's extension as a dependent, he will be a British Citizen?

Until you get your ILR, you son would need some sort of visa to enter the UK. However, once he's back he doesn't need any extensions to live here. Soon after you get your ILR, you can make his MN1 Application to register him as a BC followed by Passport. Because your son was born in the UK he does not have to have a valid leave during his MN1 application.

Could you please post any link from UKBA site if you have regarding my quetsions?

REGISTRATION BY ENTITLEMENT OF PERSONS BORN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM ON OR AFTER 1 JANUARY 1983

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

salmanfaruqi
Newly Registered

Post by salmanfaruqi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi,
Can you please tell me the status of your child's visa, did you get it easily from Pak? And what documents and mentainance funds did you show?
I am exactly in same situation and want to know if I can apply for my child's visa from Pakistan who was born in UK?

Please reply.

Thanks,
Salman

mnmoin85
Newly Registered

Post by mnmoin85 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi,

I am in exact same situation. I will be travelling in few days as a matter of urgency. Please advise documents required for baby born in Uk applying for PBS dependent from Pakistan.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.