ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 sent, confirmation received. 2 questions remain, help?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suryadeva
Newly Registered

EEA2 sent, confirmation received. 2 questions remain, help?

Post by suryadeva » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi,

Sent EEA2 for my wife. Got confirmation letter (was sent the next business day from when they received application, which seems quite efficient).

My wife wants to work and I was told here previously that we would get a letter which she could use to get a NI number, this is not the one right? (image below, info blurred on purpose)

Question 1: Will there be another letter which will let us get the NI number or do we have to wait for her RC to arrive?

Then, went on the website to request the return of documents for travel reason (https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml)

I should select "European Nationals" on Category of Application correct?

So, went on to the end of the application and got the following on the declaration section:

"I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I withdraw my application and have already paid a fee, the fee will not be refunded. I understand that if I ask for my documents back, this may delay the processing of my application.
I understand that I can only request my document back for travel if I have made an application for British nationality, or an application as a European national including Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals. For all other applications, I must withdraw my application if I want to travel outside of the Common Travel Area (The UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
Except for 'European nationals', 'Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals' or 'Nationality' applications, if I ask for my document back for identity purposes and then travel outside of the Common Travel Area, I understand that my application will be automatically withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded."

Question 2: As with everything coming from UKBA, this is very confusing. Will I withdraw the process if I request our passports?

Thanks,

Ikonkar
India

Re: EEA2 sent, confirmation received. 2 questions remain, he

Post by Ikonkar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:17 pm

suryadeva wrote:Hi,

Sent EEA2 for my wife. Got confirmation letter (was sent the next business day from when they received application, which seems quite efficient).

My wife wants to work and I was told here previously that we would get a letter which she could use to get a NI number, this is not the one right? (image below, info blurred on purpose)

Question 1: Will there be another letter which will let us get the NI number or do we have to wait for her RC to arrive?

Then, went on the website to request the return of documents for travel reason (https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml)

I should select "European Nationals" on Category of Application correct?

So, went on to the end of the application and got the following on the declaration section:

"I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I withdraw my application and have already paid a fee, the fee will not be refunded. I understand that if I ask for my documents back, this may delay the processing of my application.
I understand that I can only request my document back for travel if I have made an application for British nationality, or an application as a European national including Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals. For all other applications, I must withdraw my application if I want to travel outside of the Common Travel Area (The UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
Except for 'European nationals', 'Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals' or 'Nationality' applications, if I ask for my document back for identity purposes and then travel outside of the Common Travel Area, I understand that my application will be automatically withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded."

Question 2: As with everything coming from UKBA, this is very confusing. Will I withdraw the process if I request our passports?

Thanks,
Have you received just the confirmation or COA (Certificate of Application) also unable to see what you've received, perhaps can you try again please?
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 pm

1. This is just confirmation of the fee. It's not the Certificate of Application (CoA) which will allow her to work. I suspect the blur header has the details of the office in Durham which deals with payment and not the Liverpool office which deals with the actual application.

2. Asking the passport back will not affect the application.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:23 pm

If you have sent all the right documents you should receive another letter stating your rights to work and with that you will be able to apply for NI, requesting your passport back will not result in a withdrawal of your application as you are a family member of an European citizen.

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Jambo wrote:1. This is just confirmation of the fee. It's not the Certificate of Application (CoA) which will allow her to work. I suspect the blur header has the details of the office in Durham which deals with payment and not the Liverpool office which deals with the actual application.

2. Asking the passport back will not affect the application.
Thanks a lot Jambo and others.

Yes, doesn't look like the CoA, but didn't know there were two different :) Good to know. Any idea how long it takes for the CoA to arrive?

And just FYI, this confirmation letter has Liverpool address in it (part of the blurred). Is that bad/good/doesn't matter? (We've sent papers to Durham, ofc).

Thanks again!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:02 pm

The additional letter was introduced along with the fee (July). The address doesn't matter. It was just a (wrong) guess by me. I never saw those letters (as this is new).

oniopapa
Newly Registered

hei

Post by oniopapa » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm

i think this is there new process since they have introduce the fee, if there is anyone got COA since fee introduce pls tell us

ninkas
Poland

Re: hei

Post by ninkas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 pm

oniopapa wrote:i think this is there new process since they have introduce the fee, if there is anyone got COA since fee introduce pls tell us
yes we did

application sent 30.08.2013
acknowledgement letter received 06.09.2013
COA received 18.09.2013 dated 09.09.2013
Both letters were sent from Liverpool

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 pm

suryadeva wrote:
My wife wants to work and I was told here previously that we would get a letter which she could use to get a NI number, this is notthe one right?
Have you rung the jobcentre about applying for a NI for your wife? I rang the day my husband arrived in the UK, and they sent us a form. We sent it back with a photocopy of his passport an his EEA Family permit and they sent us back a NI number. Nothing else required. You need the CoA to show a potential employer she has the right to work, but if your circumstances are similar to ours, you can just apply now for a NI no. (There are different methods of applying depending on your circumstances).

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Elizabeth06 wrote:
suryadeva wrote:
My wife wants to work and I was told here previously that we would get a letter which she could use to get a NI number, this is notthe one right?
Have you rung the jobcentre about applying for a NI for your wife? I rang the day my husband arrived in the UK, and they sent us a form. We sent it back with a photocopy of his passport an his EEA Family permit and they sent us back a NI number. Nothing else required. You need the CoA to show a potential employer she has the right to work, but if your circumstances are similar to ours, you can just apply now for a NI no. (There are different methods of applying depending on your circumstances).
Hi Elizabeth, we just received the CoA, tomorrow I'll ring the jobcentre again. I hope she can get the NI with that, since all our docs are with HO at the moment.

Anyone has any experience with this? I mean, of getting NI with CoA?
ninkas wrote:
oniopapa wrote:i think this is there new process since they have introduce the fee, if there is anyone got COA since fee introduce pls tell us
yes we did

same as ninkas. application sent on 10 october, acknowledgement letter received on 14th, CoA received on 24th.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:38 am

suryadeva wrote:
Elizabeth06 wrote:
suryadeva wrote:
Hi Elizabeth, we just received the CoA, tomorrow I'll ring the jobcentre again. I hope she can get the NI with that, since all our docs are with HO at the moment.

Anyone has any experience with this? I mean, of getting NI with CoA?
ninkas wrote:
yes we did

same as ninkas. application sent on 10 october, acknowledgement letter received on 14th, CoA received on 24th.
I might be wrong but I would rather think getting NI is easier and should be the first step to your application. Reason is to get NI, you need the original passport as well as proof of address which can be in the form of a bill or bank statement.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

[/quote]

Have you rung the jobcentre about applying for a NI for your wife? I rang the day my husband arrived in the UK, and they sent us a form. We sent it back with a photocopy of his passport an his EEA Family permit and they sent us back a NI number. Nothing else required. You need the CoA to show a potential employer she has the right to work, but if your circumstances are similar to ours, you can just apply now for a NI no. (There are different methods of applying depending on your circumstances).[/quote]
Hi Elizabeth,

A little off topic,

But when you made the phone call for the forms fro the NI number, how long did it take to receive the form.

Then from the time you sent off the passport copy, etc, how long did you wait fro the NI number, any interview needed?

GW

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Yes all this information would be more than useful for me as well.

My wife will arrive with EEA FP on 7th November, we want to apply direclty for EEA1 and EEA2. I cant wait one month to have an appointment with Jobcentre in order to obtain a NIN.

But if there is a way to obtain it with photocopy of passport, COA or other document it would be great.

Can you share with us the telephone that you called and you requested this form?

Thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:58 pm

giorgosa wrote:Yes all this information would be more than useful for me as well.

My wife will arrive with EEA FP on 7th November, we want to apply direclty for EEA1 and EEA2. I cant wait one month to have an appointment with Jobcentre in order to obtain a NIN.

But if there is a way to obtain it with photocopy of passport, COA or other document it would be great.

Can you share with us the telephone that you called and you requested this form?

Thanks

Jobcentre Plus will arrange an 'Evidence of Identity' interview always

The interview will usually be one-to-one . You will be asked questions about why you need a National Insurance number, your background and circumstances.

You will also have to prove your identity.

Examples of documents which count are: ( originals not photocopy )

valid passport (UK or foreign)
national identity card (UK or foreign)
residence permit or residence card including biometric immigration residency documents
full birth or adoption certificate
full marriage or civil partnership certificate ( UK )
driving licence (UK or foreign)
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

A little off topic,

But when you made the phone call for the forms fro the NI number, how long did it take to receive the form.

Then from the time you sent off the passport copy, etc, how long did you wait fro the NI number, any interview needed?

GW
I can't remember the exact amount of days, but it took around 7-10 days to get the forms, and around another 10-14 days to get the NI no back in the post.

There was no interview needed, and original copies of the EEA permit or passport were not required. Only photocopies of both, and just normal photocopies, not certified ones.

If you are in a situation like mine, whereby I'm an EU citizen working in the UK, and my non-EEA husband entered the UK with an EEA family permit, it's as simple as a phonecall to the jobcentre, they send the form, no interview, and a NI no is posted to you shortly after.

The only thing they required was that he was actually present in the Uk when the request was made, so the person just asked me on the phone, is he here now, and I said yes. There is a time limit on the forms, i.e. it says they must be sent back before a certain date or you may have to apply for new forms.

Hope that helps :-)

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 pm

giorgosa wrote:

Thanks
Yes, I rang 0845 6000643 to apply for the NI number.

Good luck :-)

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:57 pm

askmeplz82 wrote: Jobcentre Plus will arrange an 'Evidence of Identity' interview always
Not strictly true.

My husband didn't have an interview or provide original documents, and this was just recently.

On their website, here, it states the same, though it doesnt clarify exactly here which applications are by post and which need an interview:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/number.htm

"What happens when you apply for a National Insurance number

Jobcentre Plus will arrange an 'Evidence of Identity' interview for you or send you a postal application."