ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Farazjan wrote:Have a question ,
If I apply for JSA how it will effect my eea2 application which is under process since last four month ,?
And will I effect my PR application after years when I am gona apply for it ,?
Your question has been answered, please check the previous page.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:23 pm

natasha1985 wrote:We are currently waiting on my husband's EEA2 visa to come back. We posted it on 3rd September & it was received by HO on 4th September. We received his COA on 18th September. I'm curious to know, should my husband get an email to tell him his visa, whether successful or refused, is on its way? Or is it just a matter of waiting eagerly by the letterbox lol?? Be nice to know when roughly to expect an answer!
UKBA has 6 months to issue a decision, it could take anything from now till 6 months, but will normally not be longer than 6 months, except in exceptional cases.

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanx dalebutt, only 7 weeks in & im very impatient already! Do u know if they send any correspondance when they have posted out the visa?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:28 pm

natasha1985 wrote:Thanx dalebutt, only 7 weeks in & im very impatient already! Do u know if they send any correspondance when they have posted out the visa?
No, they do not send any, if you include in your application, a special delivery prepaid envelope for UKBA to send back your documents in, and you have written down the tracking number, you could be checking this on the royal mail track and trace website, but I suspect you will get tired lol having to do that everyday for what could possibly happen in at least the next 5 months, other than that one just have to wait.

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Yes I included this in the application, but no dont think I'll drive myself crazy checking it just yet lol! Thanks for your help, heres hoping these next couple of months go in quickly :)

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:48 pm

dalebutt wrote:
Farazjan wrote:Have a question ,
If I apply for JSA how it will effect my eea2 application which is under process since last four month ,?
And will I effect my PR application after years when I am gona apply for it ,?
Your question has been answered, please check the previous page.
Thank for answering my previous question but in my previous question I asked " can I apply ? " in my this question I asked " what will happen and how it will effect my eea2 application pending one and how it will effect on my PR in future ?"
Thank and please I u have any information about it ?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

I cannot say how it will affect your pending application, but I can confirm that, it will not affect PR if you claim JSA or any type of benefit. People who are applying under the EEA regulations are not exempted from claiming public funds and thus does not affect their right to stay in the country.

jutt_don
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

got RC

Post by jutt_don » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

hi guys i received my RC yesterday in 8 weeks. and now i got 1 question for you me and my polish wife wana go to poland in december on christmas time so do i need to apply for a schengen visa or i can go anywhere in EU on this RC? thanks

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:10 pm

These are my timelines so far.
APPLICATION SENT 25/09/2013
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY HO : 27/09/2013
PAYMENT CONFIRMATION RECEIVED (4/10/13
COA RECEIVED ( 5/10/13) DATED 2/10/13
rc:pending

Requested my passport back via rodform 21/10/13 (no acknowledgement ) is this normal

ninkas
Poland

Post by ninkas » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Requested my passport back via rodform 21/10/13 (no acknowledgement ) is this normal[/quote]

I guess yes :D I requested mine via the same form-EEA national- on Friday and received it today :D in the envelope I provided

Aliaslan
Newly Registered

Caseworker gets in touch with me.

Post by Aliaslan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Afternoon,

My EEA2 application has been refused and I have complaint about this to our local immigration officer (caseworker refused on grounds which weren't true). She told me now that the caseworker will get in touch with me. Is that a good or bad sign?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:14 pm

ninkas wrote:Requested my passport back via rodform 21/10/13 (no acknowledgement ) is this normal
I guess yes :D I requested mine via the same form-EEA national- on Friday and received it today :D in the envelope I provided[/quote]

wow thats interesting. i am not the eea national. i am non eea family member(dependant). well your very lucky lemme just wait and see what happens this week.

sammi1111

eea2

Post by sammi1111 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:53 am

guys just to let you know after so exhaust and waiting game got my RC ..soooooo happy... My timeline is below... Eea2 sent 31 july 13 ..received my ho same day...got COA with right to work on 15 august 13...rc issued on 19 october 2013...all process took only 10 weeks
dfhdkuhgkvhdjkshvguiewhguiewhvgkdkvhwhvgiu

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:43 pm

29 July 2013: EEA2 application posted
31 July 2013: Letter from Home Office that they have received my application
01 August 2013: Payment has been deducted from my account
12 August 2013: I received my COA stating they cannot confirm my right to work

Until now Im waiting in vain... I heard nothing at all! Im tired of checking the mailbox everyday.

There are head hunters calling me offering a job but my COA states they cannot confirm my right to work because Im an "unmarried partner". This is really frustrating.

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 pm

soniac wrote:Residence card for my partner has finally arrived after a successful reconsideration request:))) There are no words to describe this feeling. I wish you all the best of luck in your applications and I wish this incredible feeling upon you all.
How long did you wait for it? Mine has been on process for 3 mos now and no news. Is it true that they will email you that the application has been approved before sending the documents?

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Davmck70 wrote:
sammi1111 wrote:where did u hear about this strategies regarding ea interviews?????
From friends going through the process at the moment.
OMG! There were calls I ignored in the past 2 months because I get a lot of cold calls from insurance companies. Do you know the numbers they used to call your friends? Now Im worried they might have tried to call me :(

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting for RC

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Tanzy wrote:EEA2 Applied from London sent to Durham: 9/08/2013
EEA2 Form Received by HO: 12/08/2013
COA Received with right to Work: 20/08/2013
RC ?

Has anyone applied for EEA2 around 1st week of August 2013? It would be nice to keep in touch.
I applied 29 July, until now no update. apparently my COA states they cannot confirm my right to work :( because Im an unmarried partner.

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Is there anyone here who is an unmarried partner and got their COA WITH right to work? I would like to know if I am the only one who got a message that they cannot confirm my right to work. Damn I lost so many good opportunities already because of this :(

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:34 pm

buttercup81 wrote:Is there anyone here who is an unmarried partner and got their COA WITH right to work? I would like to know if I am the only one who got a message that they cannot confirm my right to work. Damn I lost so many good opportunities already because of this :(
My situation is even worse. My first application was denied and my passport retained by UKBA. I reapplied and received a CoA with no right to work, even though being married, and they failed to acknoledge that they have my passport. I have complained, both through e-mail and post, but so far they have done nothing.

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:43 pm

wb00 wrote: My situation is even worse. My first application was denied and my passport retained by UKBA. I reapplied and received a CoA with no right to work, even though being married, and they failed to acknoledge that they have my passport. I have complained, both through e-mail and post, but so far they have done nothing.
I feel for you wb00 and Im sorry to hear about your case. Sometimes it makes me think: are those decisions they make is based on their mood for the day they received your application or is it really as per the law? Sometimes I would like to believe it depends who handles your application. If your papers landed to the hands of someone nice, you are lucky. Otherwise, tough luck!

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Re: help plz

Post by buttercup81 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 pm

edumlo wrote: That is more than enough, tenancy agreement only applies for unmarried partners, in your case your marriage certificate is the proof of relationship and that you are a family member.
My partner accepted a job here in Nov 2012 and I followed only June 2013. I submitted my RC application on 29 July but no update till now.

I submitted tenancy agreement, electric bill, council tax statement, joint account, his 8 months payslip and P60, employment contract, employment certificate (all stamped by the company); proof of our 3.5 years relationship: pictures, travel tickets, letters from our families and friends, our proof of 2 years cohabitation in Bahrain, our communication during the time that we were apart for 7 mos. My documents weighed 3.6 kgs.

I wonder if these are enough evidence to support my application as an unmarried partner? Do they really deny employment rights to unmarried partners while RC is in process?

achan
Newly Registered

Please help!

Post by achan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Dear all, I desperately need your advice. I have just been refused my EEA2 application and I believe they been extremely unfair to me!

My time line is as follows:

11th april 2013 - sent application
24th april 2013 - received right to work document

18th October 2013 - I have requested my passport back as its been over 6 months and just after 2 days they sent me a refusal!!!

22 October 2013 - Refusal issued

Just to give you some background I am still have a valid student visa till 2016 and I am still attending my course and same time working. I applied in the basis of my wife is a student and I am working so I provide full support to my wife. I have purchased private health insurance as stated in the application but hey gave reason that I haven't provided private health insurance document dated from the start of her course. How can I buy a insurance backdated? This is ridiculous! I have also declared that I am fully supporting my wife financially but they refused.
Reason 1
“ you have not provided evidence that your EEA family member holds comprehensive sickness insurance during the start of your EEA family members education up to application date”
Reason 2
“You have not provided evidence by means of a declaration or such equivalent means, that your EEA family member has sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance of the United Kingdom during your period of residence”
I have enclosed bank statement also with evidence of funds and also declared in a signed letter that I am fully supporting my wife!
Moreover its over months! My wife finished her course successfully and now working for the same company I work for so we both now have job!
They have kept my passport and given me 5 working days to appeal! I am now really stressed and don’t know what to! Could any one kindly please advise me what could I do as I am totally stressed out and don’t know what could I do!
[/b]

at12

Post by at12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:57 pm

buttercup81 wrote:Is there anyone here who is an unmarried partner and got their COA WITH right to work? I would like to know if I am the only one who got a message that they cannot confirm my right to work. Damn I lost so many good opportunities already because of this :(
Hi buttercup81, have a look at previous posts and you will see that this is normally the case for unmarried partners (no right to work when receiving the COA). That was my case. I sent my application in May and got my RC about two weeks ago..... so you might be getting yours soon, just have a bit patience :)

starbucks
Newly Registered

Re: help plz

Post by starbucks » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 pm

buttercup81 wrote:
edumlo wrote: That is more than enough, tenancy agreement only applies for unmarried partners, in your case your marriage certificate is the proof of relationship and that you are a family member.
My partner accepted a job here in Nov 2012 and I followed only June 2013. I submitted my RC application on 29 July but no update till now.

I submitted tenancy agreement, electric bill, council tax statement, joint account, his 8 months payslip and P60, employment contract, employment certificate (all stamped by the company); proof of our 3.5 years relationship: pictures, travel tickets, letters from our families and friends, our proof of 2 years cohabitation in Bahrain, our communication during the time that we were apart for 7 mos. My documents weighed 3.6 kgs.

I wonder if these are enough evidence to support my application as an unmarried partner? Do they really deny employment rights to unmarried partners while RC is in process?
I think you've got enough evidence for your application. I applied as an unmarried partner, submitted in July through a lawyer, it's been 3 months now, and I haven't even received a COA. I'm not working at moment

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: Please help!

Post by lake1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 am

achan wrote:Dear all, I desperately need your advice. I have just been refused my EEA2 application and I believe they been extremely unfair to me!

My time line is as follows:

11th april 2013 - sent application
24th april 2013 - received right to work document

18th October 2013 - I have requested my passport back as its been over 6 months and just after 2 days they sent me a refusal!!!

22 October 2013 - Refusal issued

Just to give you some background I am still have a valid student visa till 2016 and I am still attending my course and same time working. I applied in the basis of my wife is a student and I am working so I provide full support to my wife. I have purchased private health insurance as stated in the application but hey gave reason that I haven't provided private health insurance document dated from the start of her course. How can I buy a insurance backdated? This is ridiculous! I have also declared that I am fully supporting my wife financially but they refused.
Reason 1
“ you have not provided evidence that your EEA family member holds comprehensive sickness insurance during the start of your EEA family members education up to application date”
Reason 2
“You have not provided evidence by means of a declaration or such equivalent means, that your EEA family member has sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance of the United Kingdom during your period of residence”
I have enclosed bank statement also with evidence of funds and also declared in a signed letter that I am fully supporting my wife!
Moreover its over months! My wife finished her course successfully and now working for the same company I work for so we both now have job!
They have kept my passport and given me 5 working days to appeal! I am now really stressed and don’t know what to! Could any one kindly please advise me what could I do as I am totally stressed out and don’t know what could I do!
[/b]
As your wife is now working, why dont you make a new application based on her exercising her treaty right as a worker, this might be the less stressful option and will automatically counter all they reasons they gave to refuse your RC.