ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainyday
Newly Registered

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by rainyday » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm

[quote="God's Authority"]Hello Everyone

Happy new week, and I pray it rains visas for everyone still waiting,it is well with you in Jesus name.

Thank you Verbina, I hope you are keeping well? Please take care and dont let the faith falter.

Hatchshead and Sweetypie, hello to you both :)

Rainyday, please do not be afraid, from what Sweetypie has said I dont think there is much to worry about, you need to be more concerned on winning at the tribunal as that is the most important, and above all pray for a favourable judge, who will favour you but also be wise enough not to wind up the home office rep( that is if one shows up).

Please dont forget to to share the outcome( which I pray will be success by God's grace) so that those of us in the queue can glean a lesson or two :)

God bless you and all the best. Lest I forget all the best to Hatsuku too. The Lord is in charge.[/quote]

thanks a lot for support! i am sure HO representative will show up(i wish they didnt), but i will not wind him/her up, i will kill with my kindness haha will definitely update on here after i've had an appeal, shame it will be another 2 weeks until i know the outcome of it

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 pm

madhu678 wrote:And also if my solicitor have applied in june, by now shouldn't I get the hearing date by now. when asked, he said that the appeal traffic is heavy and it is taking lot of time to allocate dates. Can he pay for my appeal from his bank account. I am also waiting for my docs while typing this post as my lawyer said that he will mail my docs. Thanks in advance
Oh I dont know, it just all sounds odd, thats all.... As @believe says do a SAR and find out, or swing by CAB office and see what they say.... Good luck hun!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

madhu678 wrote:And also if my solicitor have applied in june, by now shouldn't I get the hearing date by now. when asked, he said that the appeal traffic is heavy and it is taking lot of time to allocate dates. Can he pay for my appeal from his bank account. I am also waiting for my docs while typing this post as my lawyer said that he will mail my docs. Thanks in advance

Hello my friend, i will suggest you use the SAR to request an update on your application.
You can use the template below as a letter that will go along with the HO SAR form.

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Date: xx:xx:xxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
D.o.B:
Your Ref:
Case Ref No:

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and immigration information within your internal record systems with regard to my visa application.

I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL information or associated details I hold or have held with your organisation:
1. A complete electronic record (computer database) which I believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
2. A complete list of visa application records which your organisation hold in support of the same.
3. Copies of all documents and data held by the UK Border Agency which include any of my personal information including copies of any correspondence, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
4. Home Office case files containing all copies or transcripts information and progress to date on my visa applications or which pertains to me.
Where you have used abbreviations and/or codes, I would request that an accompanying sheet be provided so as to translate these abbreviations and/or codes and their meanings, I also request accompanying appendices of the documents included and reference to the purpose or meaning to those documents.

I request that you provide all the information requested above, even though you may consider that it falls outside Data Protection.

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours Faithfully.

You will need to download, fill this form below and attach it to the letter.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... boutus/sar

You will also require a proof of ID and proof of address along with a £10 postal order.
Make sure you send it as a recorded delivery and you should expect a response from HO within 40 days..
All the best!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Hello my friend, i will suggest you use the SAR to request an update on your application.
You can use the template below as a letter that will go along with the HO SAR form.

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
D.o.B:
Your Ref:
Case Ref No:

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and immigration information within your internal record systems with regard to my visa application.

I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL information or associated details I hold or have held with your organisation:
1. A complete electronic record (computer database) which I believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
2. A complete list of visa application records which your organisation hold in support of the same.
3. Copies of all documents and data held by the UK Border Agency which include any of my personal information including copies of any correspondence, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
4. Home Office case files containing all copies or transcripts information and progress to date on my visa applications or which pertains to me.
Where you have used abbreviations and/or codes, I would request that an accompanying sheet be provided so as to translate these abbreviations and/or codes and their meanings, I also request accompanying appendices of the documents included and reference to the purpose or meaning to those documents.

I request that you provide all the information requested above, even though you may consider that it falls outside Data Protection.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROTECTION.

Yours Faithfully.

You will also require a proof of ID and proof of address along with a £10 postal order.
Make sure you send it as a recorded delivery and you should expect a response from HO within 40 days..
All the best!
one word to describe you 'AMAZING'!
I ve never seen a person as helpful as you.
may God reward you and make everything easy for you!

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 pm

rainyday wrote:hi guys! my appeal hearing is next week, i have a question to those who went through it already, what do i expect to happen on a day? i mean i know the general stuff - come in, wait, get called in... but what is going to happen at actual hearing? i have a representative, but will they be questioning me and my family members? how long does hearing normally take? thanks in advance

mine is on 2nd of Dec..goooooooooood luck and please come back and update us here :?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
D.o.B:
Your Ref:
Case Ref No:

Yours Faithfully.

All the best!
@hatchsead this is such an invaluable post it should be up there with all the 'Stickies' ! Thank you hun!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

hatsuku

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm

i pray all your things will be sort out soon

if an appeal was done, u should have an appeal number or a reference that is generated when the appeal is lodged.

my appeal was sent in July, and i was given a hearing date in Dec.

ask your solicitor for the reference.

i wish u all the luck

hatsuku

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by hatsuku » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:21 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hello Everyone

Happy new week, and I pray it rains visas for everyone still waiting,it is well with you in Jesus name.

Thank you Verbina, I hope you are keeping well? Please take care and dont let the faith falter.

Hatchshead and Sweetypie, hello to you both :)

Rainyday, please do not be afraid, from what Sweetypie has said I dont think there is much to worry about, you need to be more concerned on winning at the tribunal as that is the most important, and above all pray for a favourable judge, who will favour you but also be wise enough not to wind up the home office rep( that is if one shows up).

Please dont forget to to share the outcome( which I pray will be success by God's grace) so that those of us in the queue can glean a lesson or two :)

God bless you and all the best. Lest I forget all the best to Hatsuku too. The Lord is in charge.
YES, THE LORD IS IN CHARGE!

madhu678
Newly Registered

Post by madhu678 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:24 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
D.o.B:
Your Ref:
Case Ref No:

Yours Faithfully.

All the best!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH....I will do it.
You are the MAN.

naba

Post by naba » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:26 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
D.o.B:
Your Ref:
Case Ref No:

Yours Faithfully.

All the best!
Wow, you are so kind mate. God bless you.

naba

Post by naba » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Dear hatchsead, Just to let you know my solicitor applied for the permission of appeal as I was not given the right. Can you please tel me how long it will take to get the result?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:55 pm

madhu678 wrote:@verbina, Believe2013, sweetypie, hatchsead and all others. Thanks for your advices. You folks are awesome. Busy chasing my solicitor. As Believe said I should contact SAR. Can I still make an appeal if my solicitor missed the opportunity to appeal back in june when my visa rejection was made and get a positive decision. When contacted my solicitor, he is saying that I should receive a letter from CAPITA to leave the country 28 days after rejection is made. As I didn't get any rejection letter, according to him, I should believe him. Is it true about the letter from CAPITA.
(I applied FLR(O) on private life. No children, no family. I came here almost 5 yr back. never been to home country since then. )
Hi

Been following your story and please listen to all the members you have mentioned above. I really think you need to wake up and smell a rat as your solicitor sounds dodgy as hell. How can he tell you all this information without any proof.
I really pray and hope for your sake that nothing serious like your identity has been stolen as cant think of anything else as to why he is not providing you with your paper work. All does not make sense so make SAR as advised. Dont let him fool you as something is not right.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 am

naba wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Dear hatchsead, Just to let you know my solicitor applied for the permission of appeal as I was not given the right. Can you please tel me how long it will take to get the result?
To be honest, i can not say how long it will take. I will assume it shouldn't take more than 6 weeks but please, don't take my word for it!
I haven't gone through that process myself but from what i can gather from peoples experience on this forum, i will go by that time scale.
Perhaps, someone else may be able to help.
It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:33 am

hatchsead wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
east579new wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter
Please can someone explain how that works?

I thought they was refusing people who are a family unit and only granting for people with sole responsibility?.
Hi east579new.i think they are refusing for 7yr rule that applied as a family unit(husband,wife n children)not people with British partners n child.
They refuse not just family unit but anyone who can not convince them well enough, you need to show that you have "insurmountable obstacles" for they to grant the visa which to me is a silly excuse.
In short, its a lottery process depending on the caseworker handling your case and how convincing your argument and documentations are, its not just automatic having a British partner.
You're right guys you really have to raise issues that would make the case compassionate cos that's what Ex.1 is all about. Don't make the mistake in thinking that you only have to have a British partner and a child, or meet the 7yr rule to get granted. I had to raise my partners mental health issues ( depression and personality disorder) and also informed them I'm her only support so she needs me around at all times so in case her mental health fluctuates I would be there to safeguard her and our daughter (all supported with documents from her GP and daughter's health visitor). Don't forget to prove cohabitation also, it's very important.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:57 am

Fayvritt wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
east579new wrote:
Please can someone explain how that works?

I thought they was refusing people who are a family unit and only granting for people with sole responsibility?.
Hi east579new.i think they are refusing for 7yr rule that applied as a family unit(husband,wife n children)not people with British partners n child.
They refuse not just family unit but anyone who can not convince them well enough, you need to show that you have "insurmountable obstacles" for they to grant the visa which to me is a silly excuse.
In short, its a lottery process depending on the caseworker handling your case and how convincing your argument and documentations are, its not just automatic having a British partner.
You're right guys you really have to raise issues that would make the case compassionate cos that's what Ex.1 is all about. Don't make the mistake in thinking that you only have to have a British partner and a child, or meet the 7yr rule to get granted. I had to raise my partners mental health issues ( depression and personality disorder) and also informed them I'm her only support so she needs me around at all times so in case her mental health fluctuates I would be there to safeguard her and our daughter (all supported with documents from her GP and daughter's health visitor). Don't forget to prove cohabitation also, it's very important.
Spot on mate! yours is an example of the supposed "insurmountable obstacles" they are asking for but the reality is that its a rare case.
What i can see from all these madness is that, they don't want to give people visas so they have kind of given people the race track to run on, stated that there will be hurdles along the way. But deliberately failed to mention the kind of hurdles on the way.
Pure wickedness :twisted:

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 pm

madhu678 wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Your Address

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
D.o.B:
Your Ref:
Case Ref No:

Yours Faithfully.

All the best!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH....I will do it.
You are the MAN.
I have put to get this letter as i have been waiting for 13 months now without any result apart from the Biometrics exercise in March 2013.
Each time you call the HO, you don't get anything concrete just the " we are still working on your application blabla......."
However, with this SAR request, i can know where i stand and possibly all the information they have on me which could come in handy if i have to either apply for appeal or go down the JR route.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello...Hello beautiful people.

Hope all is well by His grace and mercy.I pray that this week may God block and destroy any evil plans coming from the HO,that's against our application.For the Holy word says,NO FORMED AGAINST SHALL PROSPER IN JESUS.Have a blessed week and I believe we shall prevail!!!

@Verbina...Amen and may God speak for you at the HO..*bearhug*.Hope all is well with you.

@Sweetypie...we thank God for meeting you at a point of need...*bearhug*

@MPs'....*waves*

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 pm

so that means doesn't matter how long you been in uk? and have your family, child, child born and brought up here in uk and full time education, estabilsh british life, it doesn't count. That means no grant under this category, just they want to catch us taking our finger prints. How we going to fight in court, then? we don't have exceptional circumstances? In my case I been in uk 16 years and my child born and lived here for 10 years. HO SAYING YOU BACK TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY WITH YOUR CHILD, how can I GO BACK MY COUNTRY? MY CHILD DOESN'T KNOW THESE COUNTRY, THEY ONLY KNOW UK.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 pm

@Rainy,I pray that all goes well for you for God will see you through it all!IF you don't me asking,what's your case about?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Afternoon All, Congrats to those that have been granted since my last post.

For all I care and know they can introduce all sorts of Immigration Bills but as Omar shabli interestingly quotes the Court of Appeal made clear that the new Rules do not change the law and that all of the previous Article 8 domestic and Strasbourg jurisprudence still applies! Enough said!
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/10/ ... more-10353

Hatchsead take a bow son - Both you and Verbina's contributions are unparalleled. Keep it up guys. Nilemarques where are you?

Well at least the Go Home Vans have been disbanded, Theresa May has her tail in between her legs, laughable tactics!! Now Jeremy Hunt (tempted to misspell his name lol!) comes up with some more tough NHS proposals - What about the millions if not the billions us undocumented migrants (note the choice of words) have pumped into the system does that go into some sort of a black hole? Their stats say they spent £461 m on foreign migrant workers per year and in addition £70-300m on Health Tourism. Oh their sums don't add up aren't these so called foreign migrants contributing in tax and NI? We all wonder how much they are contributing hey and who is propping up the govt pension system in this country too? What happened to the good old saying of there is always two sides to a coin? Anyone who believes in these stats is an absolute idiot (well the Daily Mail had their figures on £2bn) Shocking same old same old, same old Tories always lying!

when did this society become so xenophobic been in this country for a very long time but things are getting worse rapidly! Conservatives = hate catalysts![/b]

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:31 pm

@Believe...Tories don't want us but since we serve a living God,they can't do anything towards us.I'm glad the stupid vans are gone and that Court of Appeal rules stay the same!These people don't care how much we contributed to their country!!That Teresa needs to shut up and sit down,no wonder she's got diabetes!!

@Shorma...All is gonna be well don't despair.Remember,the whoppers who hardly know how to read simple grammar,are the ones who are causing havoc.It goes to COA its a different story.They won't get away with as we shall receive our visas by fire by force!

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Thks RachelA, progeny5kay n hatchsead, tinapalak, alina143......thks so much

Sweetypie

Post by Sweetypie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Keisha wrote:Hello...Hello beautiful people.

Hope all is well by His grace and mercy.I pray that this week may God block and destroy any evil plans coming from the HO,that's against our application.For the Holy word says,NO FORMED AGAINST SHALL PROSPER IN JESUS.Have a blessed week and I believe we shall prevail!!!

@Verbina...Amen and may God speak for you at the HO..*bearhug*.Hope all is well with you.

@Sweetypie...we thank God for meeting you at a point of need...*bearhug*

@MPs'....*waves*

Amen, bear hugs and cuddles right back at ya :)
FLR O Extension applied: 21 Sep 2013
Acknowledgment Letter dated: 24 Sep 2013
Biometrics: 1 Oct 2013 letter, done: 4 Oct 2013
Decision: 12 October granted DLR until Oct 2016
Documents: Received 17 October 2013
BRP: 23 October

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Re: congrates

Post by Rubablu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Congratulations sweetypie.....some good news is welcome on this forum[/q

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Teebaby & Alina143, three cheers to Freedoom

Many Thanks to Hatchsead, My Girl Keisha, Fayvritt who is still celebrating too :), CrystalNewbie and Rubablu

Rubablu - I was not on 7 years rule. I am not married or children, single and enjoying life.
I moved to the UK at 14 to join my pants in the UK. Was a dependant until I was 18, thereafter applied ILR with whole family, Home office took 2 years to decide, then granted parents and youngest sibling and denied me as I was now over 18. so went to court, appealed and got 3 years. After I won in 2010, It took then another 6 months to send the visa! All this time I was not working, fiance broke up with me, no papers, just really tough time. my hair fell out...lool.
anyway this year the 3 years was expring so appllied for the extension in October, but I started preparing the documents in January as I was not using a lawyer. I got soooo much advice from this forum and it took only 3 weeks for me to be granted. I used bankers draft, highly recommend as its treated as cash so no refusals due to payment and they dont start processing until payment has been processed. Included water bills, council tax, 18 months payslips, school and uni certificates, 4 page cover letter, previous letters of being granted, letter from my MP who happens to be a government minister and supported my case last time. just used the old letter and their response to her. I put lots and lots of photos from school, uni, friends wedding as a bridesmaid, and even mentione all my relatives who are british and what they do, where they work and their children. I was desperate for them to grant me. I dont know if I had the strength to fight a refusal as extensions are not guaranteed!

Phew, sorry for long write up but that was for Rubablue and anyone else who might find it useful.

One by one the visas are being granted. watch this space[/quote]

I don't know what to say and can not find any word how i can describe your strength and courage for fighting against the refusal. I got of of energy and power for myself to be ready for the refusal(if any any) and giving you a BIG thanks for your long story.You are great sweetypie !!!

oh God please give us the same strength like sweetypie.

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:00 am

Hi Guys..
How are you all,congrat to those who have received there visas I thank God for you all and sorry for those who got refused that does not means you are a failure,I believe God will show you the way and guide you all until you get your wish and good luck to we still waiting.may almighty God deliver us from ukba.Amen

This is my story..

I have been waiting almost 13month now for the decision of my application,I have been living in uk since 1999 on visiting visa and overstayed till now..in 2008 i was arrested by police for assault was told to come court for the case in the same 2008 but i was scared to go court,so i jump the bail.in 2011 was arrested again and was keep in prison for 21 days for the 2008 case and i won the case and was not charge for the 2011 arrest because they are looking for someone else but during the 2011 arrest was interview by immigration officers and served removal notice section 4 or something because i have no prove of how i enter the uk which is true because i have no passport and during my 21 days in prison one of immigration staff came visit me and asking me to sign travel document but i did not sign anything...

My applicationis fresh and base on parent of a child in my child she's 16 months old now and my partner both British and we are expecting another baby early next year but ukba did not know about the new coming baby..my problem is,i have been with partner since 2010 but we not living together until 2011 and we only prove a year and 7 months of living together when i submit my application,so im scared of getting refuse because i don't have money to go court.

Guys sorry for long story..I just can't stop thinking about it every second my mind not settle..please guys did I have chance of success.

You can imagine how scared I am..I have not call HO for once..Too scared lol

Thanks for reading my story.