ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past earnings doubts | Non Exceptional case

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp0804

Past earnings doubts | Non Exceptional case

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi All,
I am from India and going to apply for my hsmp application next week.

I am claiming period from april 2006 to march 2007 for past earnings and I have collected following documents as evidence of past earnings

1. Signed and Stamped 12 months pay slips (april 2006 to march 2007)
2. Income Tax Return Proof (SARAL form)(april 2006 to march 2007)
3. Copy of form 16
4. Letter from employer about my annual gross earnings(numbers are aligned with pay slips and form 16)(april 2006 to march 2007)
5. Bank statement for 12 months(april 2006 to march 2007)

Following are the concerns and my questions regarding my documents

1. Signed and Stamped payslips does not have specific HR person name & contact details. (Is it fine? Should I write the contact details myself on payslips or in cover letter or in letter from employer?)
2. My bank statement does not have my employer name( As I am showing my ITR for 12 months as proof(non exceptional case), do I need to show bank statements? Or Is my bank statement without my company name fine?)

Please comment my queries. Thanks in advance

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:40 am

1) I guess it should be ok as long as it is signed by a finance guy.

Just make sure that you provide contact details of the finance person who has signed the letter on a different page.

2) More evidence is always better! If you plan to send those bank statements get a letter from bank stating that those transactions happened due so-and-so company or source of those funds were from so-and-so company.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:10 am

Hi,
Thanks wanna_be for answering.
I think your are right.more evidences I, provide better it is. But I am finding a touch time to get the letter for bank that my salary is credited from xxx company. Anyway I'll try again.

@wanna_be, btw have u applied for hsmp and if yes what period are you claiming for past earnings?

2. I have two form16 as I had switched my company in sept 2006. So my SARAL form has finla calculated amount after tax calculations. So do I need a letter from my CA explaining how amount in my SALAR got calculated?

Thanks in advance

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:34 am

I donot see why getting letter from bank sud b tough . If you have a salary account with them , they normally will go out of their way to please you. Also tell them clearly why you want that letter. BTW , which bank you are dealing with ?

No , I have not applied for hsmp yet , planning to by this month end, but dunno if it will happen , too many complications :roll: Period is the last fin year: 1-April-2006 to 31-March-2007.

I donot know much about your point#2 , i my case the amount on payslip , form 16 and ITR (it's no longer SARAL) are all different, so i'm planning to get a letter from my CA explaining diff between ITR and payslips amounts. I will not send my Form 16, it's just too confusing. I donot know if this is correct. anyone can help me on this ?

regards,
wanna_bee.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:02 am

Some banks feel there is a legal liability if you want them to say you are getting income from a source, to them that is not their function.
If your payslips match up the deposits, then the HO shouldn'thave a problem connecting it to your employer.
I have deposits that just says chaps but doesn't identify the source, then I provide in my case, my invoice and the contract that shows I am to bill the person invoiced by a certain rate. All was considered sufficient.
So if you just sit down and look at what you are submitting and if it makes sense you should be fine.
A good way to do this, is to show what you have to someone else without explaining to them what it all means. Questions they pose to you is things you should address with a cover letter.
Again in my last application to make sure the case office wouldn't get confused, I explained that I switched from employee to consultant using a limited liability company. I wrote on the letter. My previous employer used my services to bill the client. While this situation provided some job security with benefits, I decided to become my own employer and bill the previous employer who still bills the client. In this way, I make 3 times more money albeit the trade off is less job security. The file was approved in two weeks.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi SYH,wanna_bee

Thanks for you reply.
Today with the help of my friend, I got the letter from bank that states

This is to certify that Mr. <name> is maintaining a salary account of xxx company with us bearing account number yyyy.This is to confirm that his salary was getting credited into above mentioned account from April 2006 to Sept 2006.

I hope this letter is enough along with the bank statements.

Well my bank was ICICI and as i changed my company in sept 2006, its not my salary account any more.So they were hesitating to give me the letter.

About my employer contact details, as I dont have any specific person's contect details on letter from employer and payslips(though letter is on company letter head), Should i provide contact details of HR head or accountant or both in the cover letter? I know their contact details.just need to put in cover letter

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:55 pm

SYH :-

"Some banks feel there is a legal liability if you want them to say you are getting income from a source, to them that is not their function. "

you are right! In my letter from bank they added at the end: -

"This certificate is issued at the specific request of the customer without any risk or responsibility on the part of the bank or its officials."

My advice to all who are trying to persuade their banks to issue this letter is to ask them to include these words. Thus the bank will feel safe and you might get the letter easily. Just a suggestion :)

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:04 pm

hsmp0804 :

Should not the letter from bank have a table showing the concerned transactions/deposit entries ? I donot think a single sentence saying such-and-such is good. It should be backed up by details of the said transactions or a table showing the same.

Is it neccessary to send contact details of the HR ? I think the payroll contact details are more important since only they can verify your earnings record.

Anyway no harm in adding HR details at the end , something like a fall-through in case they are not able to contact your payrolls/accountant.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:19 pm

@wanna_bee
yeah may be you are correct but this is what i could get from my bank and i think i have to live with it :-(

but i think this letter from bank is not that bad also because of following points
1. My bank statements already has description as "salary for the month of xxx" and this saparate letter from bank says "This is to certify that Mr. <name> is maintaining a salary account of xxx company with us bearing account number yyyy.This is to confirm that his salary was getting credited into above mentioned account from April 2006 to Sept 2006."

2.as i m providing signed and stamped payslips and ITR(primary evidence) so i do not fall under exceptional case.So my bank statement and letter from bank are supporting documents and not primary documents.

But still need feedback.Experts plzz comment..